On the GST Portal, there is an option of E-Way Bill for Citizens. For whom this option is useful?
Let us understand which the help of a story.
Mr. Hardik is the owner of the small clothes shop. Being a supplier he wants to transport clothes from Maharashtra to another state. Being the owner of the small shop and having a turnover less than 20 Lakh and he doesn't have GST Number. Hardik is confused.
What option is left with Hardik now?
Before coming from the exact solution for this.
Let first understand 'What is an E-Way Bill'
E-Way bill is a document which is required to be carried by registered person or transporter under GST Portal. E-way is mandatory for inter-state and intra-state movement of goods where the value of the goods exceeds Rs. 50,000
For example in the case of Maharashtra E-way Bill is mandatory if the value of goods exceeds Rs. 1 Lakhs
E-Way can generate on the separate portal called 'E-Way Bill System'
Who needs to generate E-Way Bill?
- Registered Person: Registered Person is required to generate E-Way Bill for movement of goods where the value of the goods exceeds Rs. 50,000
- Unregistered Person: In case unregistered person supplies goods to the registered person, in this case, the recipient has to generate E-Way bill for the movement of goods.
- Transporter: Transporter carrying goods through rail, road, air has to generate E-Way Bill.
Let's come to Hardik case solution,
Following is the step by step procedure Hardik has to follow for generating E-Way Bill through E-Way Bill Citizens Option.
Step by Step Procedure to Generate E-Way Bill Through E-Way Bill Citizen Option
1. Go to E-Way Bill System
Way Bill for citizens screen
2. Then Click on E-Way Bill For Citizens option from Registration Menu
E-way bill for citizens Option
3. Click on Generate New EWB Button
Generate New EWB Button
4. Fill in all details of the Application Form
E Way Bill for Citizens Application Form
Important Options to be considered while filing this form:
Inward Option - Select this option if you are
purchasing the goods.
Outward Option - Select this option if you are supplying the goods.
Note: Enter URP in GSTIN Field
Click on Submit.
5. Finally, your E-WAY Bill is generated.
E Way Bill Print Document
Now Hardik can transport goods easily!
Conclusion: E-Way Bill For Citizens option is useful for the suppliers whose turnover is less than 20 Lakhs and want to transport goods easily.
The author can also be reached at https://blog.incfo.in or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags :eway billGST