Government is very keen on implementing GST in India from 01-04-2017. GSTIN is steadily preparing the umbrella before the rain starts by helping the assessee to enrol into GST before the implementation of the law. An enrolment procedure has been provided to (www.gst.gov.in) enable the assessee to enroll themselves in advance.
1. Go to the website www.gst.gov.in and click on new user login
2. Check the declaration box and select continue, a login page will be displayed in that mention the username in the provisional id field which was in communication with State tax department and provide the password as required.
3. After login, a provisional ID verification page will be displayed, in that mention your email address and mobile number in the required field. For verification an OTP will be sent to your registered email id and mobile number.
4. After verification new credentials page is displayed, you can fill the personal details and secure the login.
5. A security question page is displayed after the above process, mention the answer for the security questions (five) and submit.
6. Once you complete aforesaid process, and logging into your account, Dashboard > Provisional ID Enrolment command to access the Enrolment Application
Fill the information in 8 tabs as required:
• Business Details
• Promoter/ Partners
• Authorized Signatory
• Principal Place of Business
• Additional Place of Business
• Goods & Services
• Bank Accounts
7. For verification you need to sign the application using the registered digital signature certificates (DSC) – mandatory for Companies/LLP’s/Foreign companies and for others it is optional. After submission you will receive the acknowledgement in next 15 minutes on your registered e-mail address and mobile number.
8. ARN (Application Reference Number) will be sent to your email id and address.
Documents to be kept ready:
i. Proof of Constitution of Business :
• Partnership firm : Partnership Deed (PDF/JPEG format max. size of 1 MB )
• Others : Registration Certificate of the Business Entity (PDF/JPEG format max. size of 1 MB)
ii. Photograph of Promoters/ Partners/Karta of HUF (JPEG format in maximum size of 100 KB)
iii. Proof of Appointment of Authorized Signatory (PDF and JPEG format in maximum size of 1 MB)
iv. Photograph of Authorized Signatory (JPEG format in maximum size of 100 KB)
v. Opening page of Bank Passbook / Statement containing Bank Account Number of < Account Number>, Address of Branch, Address of Account holder and few transaction details (PDF and JPEG format in maximum size of 1 MB)
• Mail address and mobile number of Tax professional should not be provided as contact information.
• All communication from the GST Common Portal relating to taxpayer will be sent to the Primary Authorized Signatory.
• Proprietor/Partner in partnership firm/a person in authorized in Company can act as authorized signatory.
• However there is option of having multiple authorized signatory for single business unit, if more than one authorized signatory then one person should be designated as primary authorized signatory.
• Two OTP will be sent - one to your mail id and other to your mobile number, both the OTP’s are required for verification.
• Following details such as PAN, legal name, name of the state & reason of liability to obtain registration will be auto-populated from the VAT website and the same cannot be changed in the Enrolment application.
• DSC should be registered for enrollment of application.
• Enrolment application can be amended after the amended date.