Institute of Chartered Accountants of India invites resource persons for development of course material on XBRL. A broader outline of the topics proposed to be covered in the course material is placed below for your reference.
I. An Overview of XBRL
- What is XBRL
- Difference between HTML, XML and XBRL
- Need for Electronic Business Reporting and its advantages
- XBRL Misperceptions
II. XBRL Concepts in detail
- Evolution of XBRL- Specifications, standards, XBRL concepts & taxonomies
- Overview of Taxonomy, its structures and linkbases
- Attributes of elements and terminologies in XBRL
- Tuples, Dimensions and Footnotes
- Applications of XBRL
- Working with Indian GAAP Taxonomy
III. Case Study
- Mapping and Tagging
- Taxonomy Editions and Extensions
- Generation of Instance Documents
- Validation of Instance Document
- Defining processes and controls
- Hands-on Training
IV. Implementation of XBRL
- Overview of XBRL in India and Internationally
- Benefits of using XBRL- to regulators, corporates, investors, government, etc.
- XBRL Implementation Abroad
- XBRL Implementation in India by various regulators viz. SEBI, RBI, MCA, etc.
V. XBRL Tools
- Points to Check in Software, Software Vendor and Service Vendor
- Methods of Conversion- Integration with ERP, In-house or Outsource
VI. Opportunities in XBRL
- Opportunities for Professionals in India and Abroad
Those interested may send in their expression in XBRL projects, and the proposed timeline with the abovesaid scope of work. The expression may be e-mailed firstname.lastname@example.org by the 30th of April, 2012 with the subject “Interest for Development of Course Material on XBRL”.