Easy Office
LCI Learning

What to do-unemployed ca

Page no : 3

amit popli (Accounts Manager) (430 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

Now I Suggest to all wait for a right time we shall overcome one day, please do not comment upon ca demand and supply 

because now you peoples are chartered accountants but some of the students are now  struggling from many attempts to become a chartered accountants they are elder than you, if you peoples are talk about result supply is huge i want to say one thing If institute thought at that time about supply and demand of chartered accountant when you have become ca's then it would be more frustrating for you all  guys,  I Request ca institute give a good result this time for ca final and also consider the age of ca final students before declaring result because some of them got failed by 2 to 3 marks they have aged between 30 to 40 struggling from 10 to 15 attempts

I am feeling sorry if i hearted anyone but the truth is we indians are jeleous with each other that was the reason britishers ruled us over 200 years.

please Do love each other that is our destiny.

1 Like

AKSH KUMAR (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (99 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

To,

All my seniors & respected members,

I would like to have my opinion on the matter discussed here UNEMPLOYED CA

Well as all know that the market situation is not at his very best, supply is been on higher side. People are not getting job opportunity despite been a CA.

But on the other side, I don’t think that ICAI guarantees a job placement. Every one is saying about the campus placement but what about other opportunities in the world market. Actually people (Fresh CA) are getting job Calls but either they demand an amount more than the price prevailing in the market or they prefer to stay at home till the time did have their price. This situation led to UNEMPLOYMENT.

We all know that industry requires some experience when the industry tries to provide the same, the so Called UNEMPLOYED CA refuses to work. The point if the person is competent enough but the industry is not paying a deserving compensation right away on appointment he should wait for some time & can prove his worth to the industry by doing some thing valuable.

At the end, CA is just a degree & a degree can provide an only opportunity it doesn’t guarantees a job.

Thanks

AKSH 

CA. JAIN (Chartered Accountant) (466 Points)
Replied 31 May 2012

Originally posted by : amit popli
 I Request ca institute give a good result this time for ca final and also consider the age of ca final students before declaring result because some of them got failed by 2 to 3 marks they have aged between 30 to 40 struggling from 10 to 15 attempts

sorry but not agree with u...why age consider for there result...

and in case again result will go up..thn 100% value of CA will finish..and what CA will do in market if imagine 10 CAs are in market for one CA opening...at the last..i want to conclude by my quote" unemployement without CA is better than unemployment with CA" think..............Atleast for the value of CA....

Thanks,

Tony G (Vice President but looking for a different meaning to life)   (251 Points)
Replied 31 May 2012

Originally posted by : Amol Gopal Kabra (CA,CS,DISA)

If you dont respect your profession, the profesison will not respect you. I'll just qoute some thing from your post only.

1.  Ashamed of being CA - There are many students who are not able to clear the CA and they quit. To become a CA is a dream of lot of students and not all of them clear CA. So, if you are ashamed of being CA, why dont you surrender your degrees to ICAI. Why dont you surrender your Results. There are lot of things to do in this world apart from job or practice as a CA. If you can't get job, its not the course of ICAI's or the profession's problem. The way you are blaming these things, i think its your Attitude problem.

2.  Unemployed CA's - What all statistics are you talking about, it is a myth. I dont any CA cleared in Nov 2011 being unemployed. I agree there might be few who dont, but this does not mean the profession is not good. 

3.  Cheap Articles / Cheapest CA's - Regarding articleship, we dont work for earning money during articleship. We are doing training. And if you just keep on comparing the money and work accordingly, you wont become successful in you life, forget about the professional success. If you think your articeship was cheap, you will definitely be cheapest CA only because of your attitude.

4.  Flop Campus Interviews - This is your look out. If you look at the statistics, I dont think any campus of ICAI has been flop ever. 

5.  Cast / Reservation - If any one else gets a preference of his cast for job, it is not the problem of profession.

At last, spoplease stop blaming any council member. These council members work for the betterment of ICAI, its students, its members and the Profession. So before talking anything about them, first try to understand their rensibilities. They handle the affairs of ICAI along with their own Professional Commitments.

I hope you and every aggrieved CA and everyone who is reading this, gets my point.

I have a very very strong feeling that Amol Gopal Kabra is living in a dream world or probably he has a great sense of humour. His reply is full of logical fallacies. here are some to quote a few

1. If you can't get a job, it is not the profession's problem - Well, go to any reputed educational institute in India, say IIT or NIT or IIM or ISB and so on. Have you ever seen any person in helm of affairs of these institutes talk irresponsibly like this. they take steps to market their freshers in a better manner in each and every campus and in each and every campus they bring lots of newer companies/ firms in their placements. Has ICAI done anything like this? The CCM of ICAI also think like you only.  They dont market the freshers properly and as a result many CA freshers despite meritorious track are not properly placed in the Campuses of ICAI. they too talk like you irresponsibly saying "It is not our prob if you dont get a job".

2.I dont any CA cleared in Nov 2011 being unemployed. - Is this supposed to be a joke? check https://www.cmii.icai.org/ to have a reality check on the campus placements and the statistics will tell you the truth. Not only in Nov 2011, over the past two years, ICAI is not properly marketing their freshers properly. Generalising things by telling that statistics is a myth and no unemployed CAs exist and ICAI profession has a great value is not going to help the freshers. IF you have something worthwhile to share,share it with data from adequate sources and statistics. Statistics is showing that value of ICAI is coming down a lot.

3.you think your articeship was cheap, you will definitely be cheapest CA only because of your attitude - Has ICAI ensured a regulatory mechanism that every person who joins articleship would get uniform exposure? Ya, I agree some articles dont take articleship seriously but there has been a hell a lot of cases where the articled assistants are used by FCAs to do personal works like putting petrol for their bikes, cars,etc, purchasing vegetables from the market, purchasing books for their children,etc and had ICAI taken any steps to punish those members?(I still could remember those days when my CA used to make me do this personal works cos he is not able to find a servant at a cheaper cost. I literally thought of committing suicide during those days. Thank God transfer option was available those days and I too cleared CA at a young age and am well placed now in the industry but i feel pity for the new entrants and current freshers) and secondly Whats wrong in comparing work with money paid to us? CAs are earning a hell a lot of money solely because of the work done by articled assistants and paid staff. I dont think there is any harm in paying them more atleast to meet the cost of education, conveyance, cost of living, opportunity cost of doing CA(ICAI has banned studnets from doing additional courses during CA articles as well as from any income earning opportunity as well as from taking transfer when they get selected in a Big firm) Stipend need not be astonomically high but should be reasonable.

4. . If you look at the statistics, I dont think any campus of ICAI has been flop ever. - Biggest joke of the century. I once again request Mr. Kabra to visit icai's campus placement site https://www.cmii.icai.org/# and have some reality check or get his neuro checked by a good psychologist.

5.If any one else gets a preference of his cast for job, it is not the problem of profession. - For once,Mr. Kabra had spoken something logical and sensible.

6. Last but not the least " spoplease stop blaming any council member. These council members work for the betterment of ICAI, its students, its members and the Profession. So before talking anything about them, first try to understand their rensibilities. They handle the affairs of ICAI along with their own Professional Commitments. " - Again, Mr. Kabra proved that his sense of humour is reaching amazing heights. What have the council members done for the betterment of ICAI?? Give some examples, statistics, etc. to support this statement. the CCM are busy fighting for posts in Central Council level and hardly give a heck about whether their freshers are marketed properly and whether new companies come into for campuses and whether the freshers are paid appropriately...They handle the affairs of ICAI just to suit their professional commitments and not along with their own professional commitments.. Banning transfers, restricting students from pursuing additional courses, etc. itself shows how desperate the CCM are towards the welfare of students.i.e. Future CAs. Have they ever given a thought about how their actions are affecting the students of CA or the freshers??? Any ways, nothing to loose. It will only discourage the future entrants from taking CA or they may resort to dummy and bring bad name to ICAI by entering into industry or practice without adequate practical knowledge.

As a CA, i have a great resoect towards this course and profession but this doesnt mean that i should have a blind adulation towards ICAI and simply be jingoistic to it despite all the things going wrong in the helm of affairs of ICAI. If any action of ICAI affects even a single innocent fresher CA or any student, it is like affecting you or me or any CA and their children..Think in this way, you will find no wrong in what prateek has said..

11 Like

CA Abhay (Chartered Accountant) (36 Points)
Replied 31 May 2012

I agree with hemant. Mr. Popli as you adviced that icai should give good result in this attempt. I don't  understand on what basis you are adviced and another thing you have written about age criteria, it is rubbish idea. If in this attempt ICAI give good result then you can't imagine the condition of  CA who'll pass in that attempt.     

ravi (unemployed) (185 Points)
Replied 31 May 2012

guys i dont wanna hurt ny one's sentiments over here..but urge to maintain some professionalism...

from my exp i can say,ya,,,comparing to good old days,there are many unemployed ca's..

but those who hav finsihed in lesser attempts n have done internship from reputed firms are getting jobs...

to state some facts my fren who cleared in nov'11 in 3rd attempt n intern from medium firm got selected to deloitte..

n my other frens who tuk more or less 3 attempts hav got jobs for sumthing arnd 5-6 lacs package...

many things go into getting employed...passin is diff thing n post qualification is diff thing...

i dont find ny fault of icai in this unemp scenario....

only those who have not met the employers expectations remain unemp...this is harsh fact....

more over the state of the economy,even iim n iit grads are not happliy employed n some unemployed too..

the problem lies in unrealistic expectations...we ,the young n freshly qualifeid ca.s think,as soon as we bcome ca.s companies beg for our services n offer us huge salaries..those days are gone..wen supply is more than demand,only the worthy candidates get picked..wen demand is more thn supply,even unworthy candidates get picked..we r in first scenario now....there's no point n its only immature to point finger at icai..if v dont pass,v blame icai..if we dont get job too ..blame icai..wat is this ridiculous attitude..totally unexpected from atleast a true man...

i can understand ur situation..but if u do some cost benefit analysis,u wont get a sh*t by blaming icai in this by loosing ur emotions....be patient,work more till u get the job u wanted....

n for all ppl,who doubts icai's system...u can use rti to know facts...but first know facts n comment..with out knowing facts n without posting them here,stop commenting tht icai is corrupt,lazy etc etc....some times back there was no campus placement programme only....exams's schedule has been reviswd with gap in exams,reading time...for all those guys who think there are loop holes in correction,answer sheets are being provided....

n to the grl,whos doubting where all the money goes..it goes only to ru nthe system...the fact is ca's fee is lowest of all courses...comapring with engineerin/doctor/mba etc etc....a lot of expenses goes into conducting campus placement....the total cost is spread out..being done costin i wonder how could u post such irrational comments....the fees has to b increased ,to keep in line with infaltion n the increased salaries of the central govt n ngo emp. due to sixth pay commission implementation....

all i can say is...

icai is like ur mother..its as pure as ur mother is and it works for the welfare of members as ur mother works for u....

be a man,,win like a man n loose like a man...dont b a soup boy n plz dont blame others for ur failures....ur life wil get better from the day u take responsibility of ur life n stop blaming others..

u shud work for ur stomach n job..not icai..its neither icai duty to find u job nor it has entered into ny contract with ny student....

god gives food for evryone but not in their nest...even ant has to work for its food...work until u get wat u want...survive the test of time...a day wil com wen u guys will bite ur tung for commenting negatively abt ur degree n icai...

amit popli (Accounts Manager) (430 Points)
Replied 31 May 2012

please do not be a practical every time, I will pray to god please give problems to those people who is thinking practically

every time. Because many of us forget what we have seen in our past, Unable to find a good job is not because of supply

that is just because of market. Reason of getting a market down because they peoples are also thinking practically, There is lot of black money in india but peoples are poor every one is looking for their own benefit, I assure you If we people help each other and all over indians help others in their difficulties, we can easily solve this issue  please love people love others because what we will give to the society it will get back to us

Thanks

manik kakkar (Student) (22 Points)
Replied 31 May 2012

Dear Parteek

I agree with you 101%.

The articleship is such a waste part of our course.

I am still cursing the day when i joined the CA.

Rahul Sharma (----------) (8187 Points)
Replied 31 May 2012

even dump engineers  getting jobs in best companies like infosys. and other but Ca's not getting a small job.

1 Like

A-G-V (Student) (571 Points)
Replied 31 May 2012

Its time to take some bold decisions... Build up the contacts when you are an article & start practising. One of my known friends built some good contacts when he was an article. On completing CA he got certificate of practice & then approached the clients. Though he didn't  get good audits till now, he is raising bills for around Rs 100000 per month which i think is a decent amount for the current situation & that too for a person who has just started practising...

(Guest)

Guys, 

No use in blaming CA profession and ICAI. Finally time came to realise that no degree or course guarantee us the job which we wanted... It is always now advisable to have second source or alternative along with CA. Friends dont waste time in blaming CA and ICAI. When u realize the reality and become practical , start alternative like MBA. Sorry to say like this... But no use in discussing here... Please stop glorifying any course... once upon a time MBBS also a great course... now u find doctors waiting for patients... Its a Cycle... Good time will come... till then we need to engage ourself to forget the pain of unemployment...

I strongly disagree that one should do CA for prestige or pride... Its wrong... I wish all the best... I am sorry if i hurt anyone...

1 Like

CA MAZHER MAJEED KHAN (business) (1644 Points)
Replied 31 May 2012

the comapnies are looking for super computer but the price they are ready tp pay is not enough to buy a calculator

only god knows what will happen next   never expected this situation after becoming ca

and the people who tells that icai is doing enough for our betterment adds salt to injury

hope the situation changes

4 Like

(Guest)

The problem is not with the number of CAs passing out or the demand- supply balance. What about the quality? The whole world has changed, but the structure of the course and the method of examining students are stuck in the past. 

and unlike ppl passing out of other premier institutions there is no uniformity in the quality of CAs.The 'range' is so vast.

most of us expect to start with huge salaries. we are not super computers. Just passing the course just makes us only a calculator. Get real, update yourself, its up to you to make yourself a supercomputer.

Institute has to see to that the course is revamped to suit the current situation.the imbalance is in the quality. all CAs are not made equally.We just expect the degree to translate into big jobs. Institute has to bring some uniformity in the quality of CAs passing out by making at least part of the course under its direct supervision. Now its like scattered all over, there is no common oulook towards what to aim for. Everybody gets into the course, somehow 'decides' on material to study, looks for some shorcut classes, struggles on and on for several years without knowing what exactly to do. This has to change. In the present situation one has to really focus on what one wants than just passing the exam and looking for employment charity.  

i guess the campus actually burst the bubble of the mightiness of 'CA'. Somebody was telling me abt a freshly qualified CA in campus(SFM score 81), when asked whether an appreciation in the value of FC is good or bad for an importer , he was fumbling. So much for quality... super computer.

1 Like

N THAKKAR (MANAGER A/C & FINANCE) (62 Points)
Replied 31 May 2012

Dear Prateek

I undestand your feeling !

But life is not ended with this types of thoughts !

It is just begining of the new life !

We becoming that, what our thoughts are.

So start to Dream .......

Dreams give rise to hope,

Hope inspires efforts,

Efforts Results in success,

So DREAM are the route of Success,

So always have a dream and work towards your Dream

Let all yours Dreams True. !

My 2nd Group was  cleared in Nov 11,  and appeared 1st group in May 2012

Thanks

Narendra Thakkar

Manager Accounts

1 Like

(Guest)

If Statutory powers are not there with CA, it would equal to normal degree... Only Statutory powers make CA , a hot cake... Becasue even ICWAI has equal curriculam and toughness compared to CA. But it is not shining like CA only becasue of statutory powers... 

2 Like

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: