Easy Office
LCI Learning

What to do-unemployed ca

Page no : 2

CA. JAIN (Chartered Accountant) (466 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

hi..,

Please dont try to find out loopholes from prateek statement...plz comment only on ca unemployed topics.....

for kind information of those, who think there are daily 1000 ca are needed...my friend plz come into reality...if u r student then plz come out from dream..and if u r senior in industry..then sorry very wrng knowledge about market...

and someone saying none is unemployed of nov 2011, ...plz sir come into reality there are still lots of CAs of may,2011 are unemployed and lots are under employed...

Thanks,

Priya (article) (503 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

well mr kabra on that note ICAI also earns massive amounts from each activity of students. On top of that it increases fees every few years , brings in new ways of extracting fees like conversion from old to new final, pe2 or / and.pcc to pcc and/ or ipcc ( with same amount of rs as original registration!!!) I am not saying it is wrong , but when you take so much you should also do things to give back. Last year the president announced and it was published in all major newspapers that minimum package will be increased...well forget the package ppl are not getting jobs!!!! Indeed sad .. its a drastic situation and tough measures should be taken...but are they being taken? With power comes responsibility...and icai shud take some actions for such pathetic situation.

2 Like

(Guest)

mr. amol keep your thinking to yourself.accept the truth icai is not Doing anything for ca freshers only interested in making money.you may be linked to some council member who is helping you.thats why u are saying this.if u really care for the profession,then help those who are unemployed and help them in getting jobs.

HOW CAN INDUSTRY EMPLOYEE SO MANY YOUNG CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS.LOOK AT CAMPUS FIGURES

STUDENTS REGISTERED - 9717

JOBS OFFERED                    -  894

WHERE THE REST WILL GO? AND IN PRACTICE,ALL OPPUTURNITIES IN AUDITS ETC ARE FOR FCA OR EXPERIENCED ACCOUNTANTS.AND WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF 3 YEARS TRAINING WHEN IT IS NOT CONSIDERED ANYWHERE.

ICAI IS MAKING MONEY BY ENROLLING NEW STUDENTS EVERY YEAR CHARGING MORE FEES NOW AND THERE IS NOTHING FOR YOUNG CAS.

4 Like

CA S.VIJAY NARERNDRA (CA,M.COM,CS final) (132 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

saying good things r easy but it really hurts wen after becoming CA u don't get fruits of it. what would u say if majority says the same..... aray yaar tell me "Respect ur profession... respect ur profession ...respect ur profession " Jab kuch kaam hi nahi hai to naam ko leke chaatna hai kya bhai???????
2 Like

$rik@nth (student) (222 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

Mr.Amol Gopal Kabra

You are saying that statistics about unemployed CAs is a myth. First go through job market or statistics talk about it.

May be you are not aware, but now it is known to every person relating CA that CAs are facing the problem of unemployment.

Coming to campus interviews, as per the statistics of ICAI, in nov 2011 campus only 9% of the total persons who attended campus got jobs. If you say it is not flop, i cant talk anymore

Come out of the dramatic world you are in and see the practical world

3 Like

prateek ( ) (52 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

ca kabra to realise the condition you need to step into the persons shoes, my aim is not to make this personal but to tell you that at the end of the day no one does education to only get reputation, but also aims to earn decent amount of money to support himself and his family. I would KINDLY advice you to speak to someone freshly qualified or just google the statistics and you would be yourself schocked to learn how alarming the situation is.

Infact a i have read with my own eyes a couple of places that articleship required is from big4s only, does the institute has nothing to do in this part to educate the industry members that if we have done serious articleship from small firms, we shouldn't be ignored. Just give the cas from small firms a chance in an interview, then you can see our diversified experience.

I would like to inform all that institute has started taking 1000 rs as charges from nov 11 campus, and not even 1 shortlisting to some persons, HAS THE EXPENSE OF ORGANIZING CAMPUS ROSE SO DRASTICALLY THAT INSTITUTE HAS STARTED LOOTING US? please try and make me understand if i am wrong, kindly. 

Dhiren Doshi (CA, AVP- Finance ) (260 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

Boss be practical.

Industry will not appoint any CA blindly. It is sensitive. Company has to report headcounts.

if u r so frustrated, why donot u join CA practice or start ur own practice.. r u not confident.

1 Like

amit popli (Accounts Manager) (430 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

FRIENDS MANY OF MY FRIENDS WHO HAVE DONE INDUSTRIAL TRAINING DURING THEIR ARTICLESHIP AND PASSED IN NOV 11 ATTEMPT IS WELL SETTLED I WILL GIVE YOU 8 TO 9 EXAMPLES JUST BE PRACTICAL IT IS TRUTH THERE IS LOT OF JOBS BUT INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS MUST.

Dhiren Doshi (CA, AVP- Finance ) (260 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

No Boss.

Industrial training is not sufficient. Who said?

CA doing industrial training does not get good job. It is because they have learned SAP, excel while on training.

They nvest in SAP learning on saturday and sundays.

NO CA will tell you what he is doing to make him strong in his skillset.

U will never get higher package job by just doing mere training, it is zero.

ANANDA VAIDYANATHAN (ACA) (216 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

If we are not able to get job then it is our duty to increase our standard. ICAI does not guarantee us a job once the course is completed by us. So, blaming icai does not solve the problem. In fact the course is designed to facilitate the freshers   to take up the practice. CA is not like mba which is job oriented. Everyone knows how much a student works to complete the CA course. If the same kind of effort and work is put into developing the skill set which is required for employment every fresher can get a job. As there are only a few openings in various industries at present we are expected to be more flexible in respect to the terms of offer, salary, city of work etc.  All the best.

CA. JAIN (Chartered Accountant) (466 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

hi ananda,

sorry but problem of unemployment is not due to lack of standards but it is due to market situation and supply are almost five time of demand.

and if course is design for practise..then why icai advertise that in industry lakhs of CAs are needed..why cmii  come into existense..and why icai organise campus...??? understand friend in present society situatin after giving 4-5 min to ca settle in practise not easy/.......and one thing again present situation is not due to lake of standard in freshers but it is only due to oversupply......

Thanks,

1 Like

CA atul (Chartered Accountant) (23 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

Mr Honey whatever written by Mr Pratik is fact as a CA i also realise the same. You are student therefore you can't understand situation of CA who passed in recent attempts.I don't want to hurt your feelings but i wish you be a CA and then you realise what is actual conditions of Market.

Nishant Mantri (Mantri N & Co) (53 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

Superlike ur statement abt the convecation speach

ANANDA VAIDYANATHAN (ACA) (216 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

Dear Mr. ca. jain,

i agree with you that the demand is far lesser than supply. It means that icai has passed more number of candidates than as usual. Let us talk this way. Had icai passed a less number of candidates through a tougher process of evaluation then what is the probability or guarantee  of a present job less fresher to have passed that tough process of evaluation . He would still be a c.a final student now. You worked have worked very hard to be a C.A. but most of the freshers are facing tough luck. There are some students who have got placements in this tough scenario. You are 100% correct in saying that the supply is far higher and the demand is little and I am just saying that a fresher who has good skills and ability fills that little demand which is available. So again the standard and the ability of a student comes into play. I hope you understand me. I wish you all the very best for the future. Keep trying. Thank you.

1 Like

CA Hemant Purohit (Financial Consultant) (21 Points)
Replied 30 May 2012

Mr. atul i m agree with u, now condition of CA is that they are available at 20,000 p.m which is less than a normal accountant's salary. CA firms as well as industries also taking undue advantage of current scenerio. So i advice to all newly qualified CA to not compromise with standard pay. 

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: