Easy Office

Unemployment of CA

Page no : 3

ANIL SULEGAI PREMANATH (ACCOUNTANT) (247 Points)
Replied 01 September 2011

Hi Everyone,

I just wonder even after getting CA degree why are everyone behind JOBS ONLY>>???? Why cant you just start on your own and provide empolyment to others.?? IS JOB THE ONLY AIM OF YOUR LIFE????

Believe in yourself and stop getting tensed about jobs. You all have good personal contacts with atleast 200 people don't you?? If you can give good service, people and money will automatically follow you and a day will come where you can take no more work inflow. Market yourself in your own network. It will be more than sufficient to you, believe me. Now a days getting help is not a big issue at all.

Just let me explain to you like this.

You have = Atleast 200 personal good contacts,

Your Parents = Atleast 50+50 = 100 Personal good contacts.

Your friends = Atleast 200 personal good contacts.

Thats it. !! you got 500 very good contacts. in that 10% also if you take 50 clients are in your hand. Whereas 40 is the maximum number of audit a CA can do.

Even if you charge Least to least of Rs. 30,000 per client on an average you income per annum = 30,000*40 = 12,00,000/- (I think a fresher CA joins job @ 7-8 lakhs per annum). And you can do all the 40 audits within 4 - 5 months.

What about the rest 7-8 months? would you sit idle(if you have your own office.) would you keep your staff idle and just pay them just like that??? what about the other income generated from company incorporation, filing income tax returns etc., etc.,??? just think guys.

Guys, being a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT you can mint money. Just imagine, how much value a signature of a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT has.

You can enjoy your personal life. You can completely use your potential and talents in improving your business (yourself) rather than going for a job and getting fixed pay for whole lot of stress you get. Just imagine whats the use of money you earn (let it be lakhs) if you dont have personal life and time for your family itself.??? Mere money cant keep your wife/children/parents/sibblings happy...!! They require your personal presence too. atleast to share some memorable moments.

If someday you dont want to work you need not work and just enjoy your life. Thats the INDEPENDENCE you should expect. Then just see how the love your family shows you.

Ya, i agree that its not easy as i said or in deed.. But its in the INTIAL stage. After you are established you just compare yourself and others you will see the difference. There is no limit to your income.

You can handle Service Tax, excise, Income Tax, Sales Tax (VAT), and any other related services. You can expand your knowledge base like anything. you can have good contacts with government officials etc., etc., (all over INDIA and abroad). Will your job give you this independence??)

You will be highly respected and recognized in your society.

You can even do in partnerships/associations etc.,.

FINALLY WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY IS BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, RESPECT YOUR DEGREE, RESPECT YOUR HARD WORK, RESPECT YOURSELF.

SINCERE HARDWORK CAN MAKE YOU A SUCCESSFUL CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT. 

However, I am not CA or even an article. But i am in this profession for almost 9 years from now. This is what i feel and would like to share. If the above can change even a single struggling CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT's way of thinking I am more than happy. I welcome your comments. Since this is the first time i am writing like this.

I request all the senior CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS to motivate the struggling UN"EMPLYOED" CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS.

Note : I am not telling that working in a company is BAD. But this is particularly to the unemployed Chartered Accountants.

Thanks!!!!

6 Like

RcorpIndia (CMA) (128 Points)

all of you people are qualified CAs and I do respect all of your thoughts and views, but I strongly disagree when you say there are lack of jobs. 

1. I am sure Naukri.com is not all true, there are a few out there who are posting only to maintaain their presence but Please look beyond naukri.com, there is a site called iimjobs.com, may be some of you might be aware of this but for some who might not know, iimjobs is an extremely reliable site as I have seen my own friends benefitting from the offers mentioned therein. and no iimjobs is not meant only for iim grads, a whole lot of vacancies come out for CAs that too fresh CAs there.

2. the big 4s are almost forever hiring, specially now when its the audit season going on, they have an almost never ending requirement. But yes even though they have requirement, they are extremely choosy when it comes to hiring people.just because they have a vacancy and u are open, that wont guarantee you a job, they'll prefer to carry on with the vacancy than hirre somebody who in their opinion wont match up.

3. Please call up the good CA firms, they generally have openings in leadership positions although you might not see their ads out in the portals etc. ofcourse getting a handsome package is entirely up to you. they hire CA's for 30000 and also for 60000, and(i am only talking abt fresh CAs)which bracket you are able to place yourself in, is entirely upto you.

4. please no offence, but soft skills does  not only mean fluent english speaking, it also includes behavioural issues, attitude, your approach, they observe your body language too.

5.I am sure you have it, if you found that out during your GMCS, but may be you goofed on some silly point in that interview. It could have happened., please analyse yourself. you'll find the answer because blaming the institute, the market etc. is not going to solve your problem. there are others who are getting the jobs.

6. There is firm called protivity involved in internal audits, risk management , consulting etc. but you wont find any ad from this company in the portals or elsewhere, call them up, or write a mail to them, and the HR will contact you, and they pay not less than 7-8 lacs to a fresh CA. My friend got a call this way and he wasn't even qualified then, he had just appeared for finals.

7.All in all, i just want to say that please be a little more aggressive in job search, dont wait for vacancies to show up. call up mancer consulting, spectral consultants and there are a few more who are genuine you can find some of them in the jobs section here on this site as well, they'll surely fix your interview up. 

1 Like

Abhay goel (CA Final) (73 Points)

Naam ke CA banoge toh aisaa hi hogaa.

Agar kaam ke CA bante toh tym zayada zaroor lagata.........

par aise baatein nahi karte.

CA SUMiT PATWARi (Chartered Accountant) (1441 Points)

Ya, this is the problem I was worried about. Clearing the CA students is not the solution. ICAI should infact help get them jobs also. Campus placements have proved to be a failure, yet again. ICAI has failed to lure companies to its campus placements.

Now the freshly qualified C.A.'s are going through a bad phase actually, who are left jobless.

1 Like

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)

absolutely agreed with your reply rashmi ..... 

yes there are still many who are finding the jobs 

the only problem is i am not finding differnce between them and myself ....

by the way ... i appreciate ur reply 

and abhay goel ji apki salaah ka shukriya ..... salaah kam taunt jyada tha ... but fir bhi shukriya ..

1 Like

Anil sir .... whatever u have wrote in .... even a practicing ca cant compile so well 

thanks a lot for that 

this will however not work for me ..... but still not impossible 

problem is conctacts and initiation .....

i knw the best way to initiate is to join a mid size firm for 2-3 years and then set up office at our own .....

sir still confuse ...... the points which you have mentioned were all in my mind an year ago but vanished 

i need time to think ... and need a solid guidance from people like you 

people who know me ... like my principal and family .... advised me to go into industry .....

i wish to have something of my own ...... as i knw it will give peace of mind guaranteed with returns getting higher year by year .....

just a request to all FCA's if anybody reading it ... kindly guide me about practice ..... and its suitablity for a youngster like me .... passed ca at 22 ..... wish to utilise this opportunity ...... 

again thanks sir ..

1 Like

Nitin Moudgil (~) (694 Points)

huh... i recieve at least 2 jobs each day for CAs in my inbox. dnt spread rumours jobs are all over place

nitin brother ....wat u think ? we are vella sitting at home and spreading rumours is our passion ??

situations is like this brother right now 

the mails which u receive are from jobsites ... which i also receive everyday ..... as they are consultants they need to send such mails ......

is thread ko check karo and ask anybody who have cleared this time .... 

/forum/ca-not-getting-job--163636.asp

1 Like

CA Vishal (CA working in industry) (620 Points)
Replied 03 September 2011

The most important thing right now is to first acknowledge that there is genuine problem that CA pass out are very huge this time and the market is not enough to absorb all the CA s.  There is no point in harping ego and giving false assurances to people . In this way CA passouts will find faults within themselves like they are not approaching right job sites or consultants . they lack soft skills  etc .. The matter of fact is there is no jobs ....  Please accept my friend Rashmi  this is reality

One  more suggestion Please do not use prefix CA  unofficailly or while corresponding in social  sites like this one This only adds to ego Please address yourself by name . This experience  has taught us one thing is that CA  degree do not guarantee jobs They also have to search jobs

Even if you analyse the comapnies that have actually co.me to campus are CA firms and PSU companies.   which would come irrespective of the trend .  The notable absentees are private comapnies,Large  Companies ,mid Size companies . A wide range of  companies are missing. 

I expect this to continue for some time . Also Institute can reduce the fees that they charge  from Comapnies to appear in Placements .

One more thing is that as suggested by Anil Premnath whatever calculations he has done it looks good theoritically Practically it is very unreal . Remember people dont change doctors & CA they prefer to continue with existing ones

Hi. Mr. Vishal, first of all , I really dont understand the accusation that I am using CA as a prefix. kindly elaborate on that one.

secondly, I do feel that the campus placements organised are not being managed in the best possible ways, and steps need to be taken in the same direction, but I also disagree that the market is not ready to absorb alll CAs. This is hardly the fact.

But I understand this site is now filled with qualified CAs and anything that I, a CA Finalist , would say, would probably be understood as meaningless. But I would like to point out, If you people will keep saying that there are no jobs out there for CAs and put it out here with complete conviction, Our CA course which is already suffering for Brand value will only lose out all the more and this will only create further problems in future.

Thirdly, and this is just an analogy, Thousands of MBAs pass out each year from the top B-schools, but strangely there is never an oversupply of MBAs in the market (from top B-schools only please). But although there are all of 1,35,000 CAs in India today and yet you think that CAs are more than required..I dont think this is the situation..

Hi. Mr. Vishal, first of all , I really dont understand the accusation that I am using CA as a prefix. kindly elaborate on that one.

secondly, I do feel that the campus placements organised are not being managed in the best possible ways, and steps need to be taken in the same direction, but I also disagree that the market is not ready to absorb alll CAs. This is hardly the fact.

But I understand this site is now filled with qualified CAs and anything that I, a CA Finalist , would say, would probably be understood as meaningless. But I would like to point out, If you people will keep saying that there are no jobs out there for CAs and put it out here with complete conviction, Our CA course which is already suffering for Brand value will only lose out all the more and this will only create further problems in future.

Thirdly, and this is just an analogy, Thousands of MBAs pass out each year from the top B-schools, but strangely there is never an oversupply of MBAs in the market (from top B-schools only please). But although there are all of 1,35,000 CAs in India today and yet you think that CAs are more than required..I dont think this is the situation..

CA Vishal (CA working in industry) (620 Points)

Hello Rashmi,

I have never told  that u use the prefix CA . I have generally told that people use prefix  CA even in social networking sites . I very well know  that you are CA student But yes I told you that learn to accept the fact .   I would also  like to inform you that this is the portal for everyone . every one uses this to gain knowledge . I dont know why  you are believing that  CA finalist thing will say would hold no value. Please  do not think like this .

Again I m saying learn to be humble whatever you are saying about brand  all that  gives  rise to ego . We are saying this because fresh CA are not getting  jobs . You have not gone thru this so you dont know the pain. and I pray not only you but none should go thru this .

None the less I wish for everyone happiness including you   One more thing keep on posting  your comments on this site No one will consider it meaningless Wish u all the best !!!!!! 

2 Like

CA SUMiT PATWARi (Chartered Accountant) (1441 Points)
Replied 05 September 2011

See friends,

I personally believe there are various factors that is leading to the problem discussed above:

1. There is a decline in the quality of Charetered Accountants (overall) that are clearing, since the pass% is high in recent examinations.

2. The students nowadays lack practical experience knowledge also. As many of the students go for dummy articleship, they lack that practical knowledge.

3. Too many C.A. are clearing at a time. Its not about 135,000 CA in market but about the number of freshers that are clearing at a time. Market is not able to absorb so many number of freshers. Hence the unemployment.

4. The PRIVATE COACHING thing has contributed badly to the quality of C.A. The students are getting spoon fed, and they lack largely on self learning, which is/was the strength of a C.A.

5. This one I think is the main reason. C.A. students are not strong enough(general) in communication skills. This is where the MBA's score over CA's. ICAI should take initiatives to help students improve their Soft Skill sets... Only a 15 day GMCS course or a residential programme for 45 days is not goin to solve it. Its a continuous procedure.

6. Lastly, the C.A. are getting very specific about the area they want to get into or they have a minimum package view below which they are not willing to join or a job locational restriction. Friends, for the initial few years forget package and concentrate more on learning. And be mobile, go for a job wherever you get it.

Regards,

Sumit Patwari

Ashok Kumar Tarwan (Service) (37 Points)
Replied 06 September 2011

Yes i agree with all above view

ankur sharma (CP) (24 Points)
Replied 06 September 2011

i want to ask a fact that is there any way to get the records about No. of CAs passed since establishment of ICAI and how much of them are unemployed till today. if anyone know plz reply or tell me the site whereas i can found the records of ICAI.

As we all worried about unemployment of CA Freshers so I would like to ask from all of my friends (who are undergoing or have completed CA Course) about Statistical Records in regard of No. of CA's in India, How much of them are practising, How much of them are being in employment and hw much are unemployed.

By this way we can forecast the scope of our profession and if we think necessary than we can search new Courses along with CA Course at prior stage of Education to Fight with ""UnEmPlOyMeNt"""

Please Reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: