Easy Office

Unemployment of CA

Page no : 4

Pralay Chakraborty (Service) (482 Points)
Replied 08 September 2011

I am totally agree with all of u...... and want to add something......

Practically for interview purpose most of the ca's think that they(ca) r the only one, who can get the finance jobs...they dont consider CWAs/ CSs/MBAs/B.com etc.they always think no one in this world(except ca) can compete them. thats why they dont improve. they even forget that interviewers  may be CWAs/MBAs/even B.Com degree holder.but most of the ca's think other professions except ca are valueless & nothing. Now come to the reality of battlefield. now those  "valueless people" will decide wheathr  a ca  is fit for the job or not.Change ur mind set. learn to give respect to all professions. feel that,for a particular job all other professionals  will also be there . for that reason u need to be supershine on that particular date. only competetion can improve the quality. ca's usually dont blv in competetion. Only a degree can’t help anymore.Ultimately the abilty what u r having that will count. A company is not there to pay a ca. Companies  are there to pay a candidate who will give Valuable output to the company at the end of the day. If a CWA can give  more valuable output to the company than a ca then company will not bother for ca.ACCEPT IT(& vice-versa as well). that valuable output u hv to proof at the interview room by  ur knowledge, common sense,ability, personality, presentability etc.

The Degreee is only the key to the interview room . nothing more than that.. after that dressing sense, common sense ,ablity, knowldge come into that picture.most of the candidates lack in this sector. 

Try to Come out of this. learn as much  as possible, give respect / values to others. Here is some useful thing that may help :

• ·         Dont go for an interview without any preparation. Prepare urself properly. Remember they will mark u for each and every step after u enter into thre room. So prepare for good posture, prepare for “ About urself” , “what u will expect”  “where u wan to see urself 10 yrs down the line” Questions.
  • ·         Go for as many interview as possible, even the package is as low as 5000/- . its for the preparaton of big interview. U can say its a match practice. Come out of ur ego that  “how can they offer  such a low pckge for ca?” boss u r not going to work here for ur lifetime. Its just a preparation to ensure a “Good Package”
  • ·         Attend/give seminar as many as possible. This will boost up ur confidence
  • ·         Improve ur comminication skill. Most of the candidates lack in this area. If u r not comforable in English or a particular language then tell them first that u r gonna speak in hindi. There is no hard & fast rules that u need to give the intrvw in eng. But yes eng will defintlly add up some value.
  • ·         Research about the company before going for interview. Try to find out possible areas of improvement by looking into the Financial results & try to put ur ideas as the possible course of action. But say this ideas is ur personal viwe, there may be better ideas as well. This will ensure that u cares for that company & for ur seniors as well. It will add up more value than others. But dont give unprofeesional ideas plz.
  • ·         Please dress properly for interview. Dnt go with ur funky cool looks in the interview room. For gents it is prefer to wear light colour shirt. dnt go with t-shirtplz.(No checks, stripes is ok. Single colour is best ) and black colour pant(ignore ur jeans plz). Shoe should be polished. Dnt go without shaving/bathing. For ladies , chk it out in internet. Dnt put extra jewelery, extra perfume. You will market urself dere. So be decent as much as possible .
  • ·         You Have to have a proper marketing sense. Make ur CV Like that . put photos in the CV. And make it attractive but dnt put unnecessary colour into the CV
  • ·         Update urself as much as possible
  • ·         Plz dnt say ur expectation in monetory terms. Say ur expectation in ur favourite areas. Like I’m expecting top contribute as much as possible in the service tax area of this renowned  organisation. Dnt say I’m expecting 20000/- per month. Boss First u need to contribute then ur salary will come. Plz understand it.
  • ·         Dnt show ur immaturity by telling valueless answer. U r no longer a student,they will pay for u. Reflect on it. Matured answers are expected from u. 
  • ·         Show ur interest to learn  in the interview room. If  u cant give a particular ans, say NO , but dnt forget to know the answer. This will ensure u r a good learner.
  •  

This is not the end...u can find thousands of  “ tricks for interview” in internet.. go for it as well.

Any spelling mistake is for an unintentional human error/ for using shortcuts ....so please ignore.

CMA . PRALAY CHAKRABORTY

(Cost & Management Accountant)

2 Like

CA Anurag Gupta (CA in Practice) (49 Points)
Replied 17 September 2011

I would be thankful if ICAI or His official reads my Message.

Unemployement is what?

let start with small debate "Suppose Finance Minister needs 10 Rs. towards development of india, But he got only 3 Rs., You know what he will do? "He will buy a pen woth Rs. 1, Paper worth Rs. 1 and balance will go to his and his relatives pocket.". and he will draw a report stating development of india worth Rs. 3.This will be merely a report nothing development at all!

are you agree it is all happening?

Lets come to the next point.

"Why did it happens?"

becuase there are certain resources between GOI and Tax payers those stop taxpayers to pay tax money.it is needless to describe about them.

for the time being i would like to say special member of Institute or SMI

this is one part of Story.

Another part of Story start now and this time in leading roll coming our institute "The institute of Chartered Accountants of India." (desclaimer :- i dont have any complain/problem /dis regard with institute)

major 6 questions i would like to ask to institute is

1. does institute feel that all pracising members of ICAI having proper exposure of work in all field?

2. If answer of 1st Question is "No" then on what basis ICAI restricted articles Transfer.

3.what is institutes articles traing policy.

4. why dont institute come with training program similar to CIMA, London? 

5. why institute dont put efforts to place its articles to directly to Industry?

6. Where is Institute's peer review board?

My dear friends definitely you will have very good job in your hands (shortly).

it is only debate come with patience,

Anurag

Prem Chhetri (student) (28 Points)
Replied 29 September 2011

You all are fool who is saying all this stupid and nonsense word that qualified CAs are unemployed. Even the all harvard MBA are too don't get job at the campus placement. They have to search good job thorugh network and harvard alumni. CA is best and please don't discourge buy saying that there is no job for CA in the industry.

Prem Chhetri (student) (28 Points)
Replied 29 September 2011

sorry friends my english is not good but you can understand very well what i wanna say.

siddu (Chartered Accountant) (31 Points)
Replied 30 September 2011

hey friends, i do agree that there are some problems regarding jobs for the newly qualified chartered accountants, but its not only the jobs less bt our capabilities are also less. even i m also newly qualified and not done my articleship from a good firm so less exposure and less knowledge regarding the subject matter. i faced so many interviews in all all i felt comfertable in hr round or in gd bt problem came accross in technical round. some times people are gud in technicals bt nt good in hr. nd jst think in the prospect of the employer- whthr u will take a complete packeg or adha adura ,,, i l never do. i would say to the freinds of mine dont worry be happy nd hamari jindgi main b baad me sab kuch acha ho jata hai or agar sab acha na ho to picture abhi banki hai mere dost nd yu hamesa tension me na raha karo i suggess do try well. be happy afterall u r Chartered Accountant.

CMA_sujeet kumar sahu ( Dy. Manager (F&A)) (145 Points)
Replied 30 September 2011

Hi guys I am very much sorry to say this but the fact is that CA is not getting job is not the right thing CA or ICWA any course is giving you just a ticket to enter in industry as finance person. Now it entirely depends on ur x factor and capabiliy of the candidate. Corporate are not here to choose anyone  who only possess CA degree. You will hv to enhance your X factor and in depth knowledge of your subject.

best of luck to all new CAs

CA SUMiT PATWARi (Chartered Accountant) (1441 Points)
Replied 05 October 2011

I would like to finish this discussion saying that "the job market is still not good enough". Have patience and take your time. We all have worked very hard to reach here and we surely deserve a job. It's just a matter of time, that we'll get a job to our liking.

Meanwhile I have a few tips/suggestions :-

1) Temporarily join somewhere. Doing something is better than nothing. This will keep you engaged and will not allow the negativities enter to your mind. Trust me it is very very important, more than anything else.

2) Keep polishing your knowledge (even after clearing C.A.) and improve on communication skills. This comes in handy and adds to confidence at the time of sudden interview calls !!!

3) If you are not working anywhere now, dont worry much. Inturn take this time as an opportunity and enjoy the free time. Do all what you wanted to do(passion, sports etc) but could not make up because of your busy schedule at the time of student life. Rejenuvate yourself !!! Because once you get a job, you are never going to find time for all this. Trust me you all will be very busy once u get a job. So enjoy the free time now!!!

Best of luck,

Sumit Patwari

sanjay bhosle (MD) (107 Points)
Replied 07 November 2011

Don't worry people Situation is temporary ,but all will get jobs Currently , After 1 or 2 years situation will change According to report ( American jobs council ,UK accountancy ,EU accountancy)Indian CA's will be higher paid CA's in the world with many fold increase in demand for them and fresher CA,s would get around minimum 10-12 Lac package,there would be hiring spree for Indian CA,s, will be in much great demand therefore many foreign students r also trying to get this professional course ,it will be highest paid Accountancy professional course in the  world and they would be scarcity of CA's   

Abhay goel (CA Final) (73 Points)
Replied 09 November 2011

Situation will only get worsen,,

but its unfair to blame institute for that...

We should enhance our communication and behaviour skills

Replied 18 November 2011

Don't worry people Situation is temporary ,but all will get jobs Currently , After 1 or 2 years situation will change According to report ( American jobs council ,UK accountancy ,EU accountancy)Indian CA's will be higher paid CA's in the world with many fold increase in demand for them and fresher CA,s would get around minimum 10-12 Lac package,there would be hiring spree for Indian CA,s, will be in much great demand therefore many foreign students r also trying to get this professional course ,it will be highest paid Accountancy professional course in the  world and they would be scarcity of CA's   

Replied 16 December 2011

/articles/print_this_page.asp?article_id=11640

CA is the best profession ,than any other read the above article

khalid rahman (student) (22 Points)
Replied 01 January 2012

I am too worried about this Problem ... but I guess people have failed to notice the main reason behind this..... the thing is the econmy of this country ... the factors are 1. Cant you all see that Nifty , Sens*x and other stock exchanges are going down every day ,

2.Euro crisis have affected negatively , as India is so much depended on it ,

3. The US economy too is sliding which have affected the BPO/KPO jobs ,

4. The Rupee currency is falling every day  not only against Dollar but against the currency of countries like Bangladesh , Japan , UAE etc ...and

the situation was bit different during MAY 2011 as there was no news of the recession then .......... That time may be ICAI thought that Industry will require that many CA's so it did pass out them .....

The thing is that I believe that this is temporary once the sens*x , Nifty , Rupee and other factor starts doing well you all will find jobs .... the slide is temporary I guess

(Guest)

She is alumni of Asia 's 3rd B school 's in India ,Jamnalal,Mumbai ,She shares her experiences of CA ( Cost accounatacny)

Chanda Kochhar: It's fashionable to change jobs every 3 years

Last updated on: January 11, 2012 08:09 IST

Chanda Kochhar
Next

Chanda Kochhar, MD and CEO of ICICI Bank talks about the education system in India and offers advise on how parents can help in the decision making process of a child's career.

As the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of ICICI Bank, Chanda Kochhar needs no introduction.

Her views on education, choosing a career and growing in it, and India's job market vis-a-vis the modern economy are something that not many people are familiar with.

She spoke to Maheshwar Peri in a candid tete-a-tete

Tell us something about your childhood.

I come from a very education-oriented family.

My father was the principal of Malaviya Regional Engineering College at Jaipur, it is now called Malaviya National Institute of Technology.

I think the basic thing in him was that children must be able to get good education whatever be their circumstances. The choice of career was up to us but whatever we would decide to do we should do well in that. I was still in school in Jaipur when my father expired, leaving behind my mother and three children.

That's when my mother decided to shift to Bombay, where I would complete the rest of my education.

What made you study cost accountancy at Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI)?

I had planned to do an MBA after finishing graduation.

While I was doing my graduation I realised I had too much time at hand.

So instead of hanging around in college I thought I should do cost accountancy. That's how I came to enroll at ICWAI.

You did acquire an MBA afterwards. Right?

Yes, as I had planned.

(Guest)

Dear Friends , 

i would like to share salary survey of CWA vs CA,, This is fresh survey available till date. Please find the survey on diffrent category;

1) Salary based on Expericne

national salary data
Employees with a Institute of Cost and Works Accountants (ICWA) Certification
Median Salary by Years Experience
Years Experience
National Salary Data (?)
0 900K 1.8M 2.7M
Less than 1 year 230,242  

1-4 years 349,176  

5-9 years 688,032  

10-19 years 1,140,678  

20 years or more 2,474,081  

PayScale
Country: India | Currency: INR | Updated: 4 Jan 2012 | Individuals Reporting: 323
 Add to your site | 
|

national salary data
Employees with a Chartered Accountant (CA) Certification
Median Salary by Years Experience
Years Experience
National Salary Data (?)
 Rs. 0  Rs. 1M  Rs. 2M  Rs. 3M
Less than 1 year  Rs. 471,688  

1-4 years  Rs. 552,547  

5-9 years  Rs. 952,860  

10-19 years  Rs. 1,709,123  

20 years or more  Rs. 2,716,867  

PayScale
Country: India | Currency: INR | Updated: 4 Jan 2012 | Individuals Reporting: 3,541
 Add to your site | 
|

2. Employers wise

Salary by Employer Name

Employer Name
National Salary Data (?)
0 0 0 0
Wipro n/a
Not enough data

Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp n/a
Not enough data
ABB Group n/a
Not enough data
XYZ Company n/a
Not enough data
Vodafone n/a
Not enough data
HSBC Finance Corporation n/a
Not enough data
Outsource Partners International n/a
Not enough data
NCR Corp n/a
Not enough data
Genpact n/a
Not enough data
Standard Chartered Bank n/a
Not enough data
PricewaterhouseCoopers

ployer

national salary data
Salary by Employer Name
Employer Name
National Salary Data (?)
 Rs.0  Rs.2.2M  Rs.4.4M  Rs.6.6M
Ernst and Young LLP  Rs. 295,898 - Rs.2,365,428  

ICICI BANK Ltd.  Rs. 406,615 - Rs.1,249,915  

Deloitte Haskins & Sells  Rs. 364,584 - Rs.1,200,175  

PricewaterhouseCoopers  Rs. 402,071 - Rs.1,787,250  

KPMG, LLP  Rs. 430,728 - Rs.3,000,000  

Genpact  Rs. 143,034 - Rs.1,409,390  

HSBC  Rs. 434,591 - Rs.4,595,787  

Deutsche Bank  Rs. 187,913 - Rs.5,514,944  

Kpmg Consulting  Rs. 391,486 - Rs.1,429,800  

Pricewaterhouse  Rs. 475,000 - Rs.1,000,000  

Accenture  Rs. 247,301 - Rs.1,806,009  

Wipro Technologies Ltd.  Rs. 496,647 - Rs.1,442,226  

Infosys  Rs. 367,663 - Rs.1,644,240  

Tata Consultancy Services Limited  Rs. 152,051 - Rs.1,775,386  

HCL Technologies Ltd.  Rs. 328,430 - Rs.6,509,750  

Tata Consultancy Services, Ltd.  Rs. 352,347 - Rs.1,787,928  

Oracle Corp.  Rs. 720,000 - Rs.1,581,914  

Airtel  Rs. 610,419 - Rs.1,537,824  

The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.  Rs. 610,419 - Rs.1,176,063  

XYZ Company  Rs. 411,157 - Rs.1,190,952  

Vodafone  Rs. 204,634 - Rs.1,768,743  

PWC Logistics  Rs. 366,251 - Rs.1,749,791  

Price Waterhouse  Rs. 584,985 - Rs. 990,496  

Hewlett-Packard Company  Rs. 579,898 - Rs.1,756,129  

Bank of America Corp. (BOFA)  Rs. 508,682 - Rs.4,392,000  

IBM Global Services  Rs. 575,000 - Rs.1,050,000  

Standard Chartered Bank  Rs. 525,000 - Rs.1,212,000  

KPMG International  Rs. 600,000 - Rs.1,598,000  

Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (DTT)  Rs. 540,000 - Rs. 860,000  

International Business Machines (IBM) Corp.  Rs. 707,497 - Rs.3,173,079  

PayScale
Country: India | Currency: INR | Updated: 4 Jan 2012 | Individuals Reporting: 1,545
 Add to your site | 
|

3. Salary location wise

national salary data
Median Salary by City
City
Salary Data (?)
0 310K 620K 930K
Bangalore, Karnataka 902,670  

Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu 877,430  

Chennai, Tamil Nadu 618,252  

Mumbai (Bombay), Maharashtra 833,962  

Mumbai, Maharashtra 600,000  

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh 488,335  

Delhi, Delhi 800,000  

PayScale
Country: India | Currency: INR | Updated: 4 Jan 2012 | Individuals Reporting: 315
Median Salary by City
City
Salary Data (?)
 Rs.0  Rs. 340K  Rs. 680K  Rs. 1.02M
Bangalore, Karnataka  Rs. 995,164  

Mumbai (Bombay), Maharashtra  Rs. 921,288  

Mumbai, Maharashtra  Rs. 896,776  

Delhi, Delhi  Rs. 774,676  

Pune, Maharashtra  Rs. 698,655  

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh  Rs. 759,937  

New Delhi, Delhi  Rs. 790,957  

PayScale
Country: India | Currency: INR | Updated: 4 Jan 2012 | Individuals Reporting: 3,469
 Add to your site | 
|

Replied 10 February 2012

No CA is unemployed and will never be unemployed 

CA is superior then doctors and surgeons and much much much more then engineers  ( see below links )After 1 or 2 years situation will change According to report ( American jobs council ,UK accountancy ,EU accountancy)Indian CA's will be higher paid CA's in the world with many fold increase in demand for them and fresher CA,s would get around minimum 18-20 Lac package,there would be hiring spree for Indian CA,s, will be in much great demand therefore many foreign students r also trying to get this professional course ,it will be highest paid Accountancy professional course in the world and they would be scarcity of CA's ,we need 1.89 crore more CA's .And it has started and one Fresher CA(passed in second Attempt)was recruited for 1.38 crore per annul in India, and one Fresher CA got job in US firm with whopping salary of 58 crore Annual(4.85crore monthly )ready to get recruit with such salary ready to get recruit with such salary we need millions OF CA's desperately and demand is increasing many times day by day. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: