Pass Percenatege

Final Both Group Grp 1 GRP 2

Appeared 1570 2455 3679

Pass 896 1585 2611

Pass 57% 66% 70%

Caculated on the bais of declaed centre wise and with estimated data 
Li
Hence

Notes :The Institute of Cost Accountants  of India never discloses its stundets performance due to results like normal Academic course B.com .

chippy (Chartered Accountant) (79 Points)
Replied 23 February 2012

Guys....Once u get into employement u will face the realities...Corporate world is very challenging..Lot of politics, back stabbing, and lot other things...Since they are paying more for a CA, they will try to squeeze the maximum out of you. You will never get time to enjoy with your family... Lot of tensions...Esp for ladies, once you are married, gone...This is out of my experience...:(

palak doshi (Chartered Accountant) (26 Points)
Replied 06 May 2012

Hi guys i m fed up after doing CA. Not got a good job after completing a CA. I cleared CA in November2010. I done a job for 6months in an Infrastructure Co.. I left the job because there was no work at all. I m unemployed from last 5 months. Don't know what to do. If there is some job then pls mail me on palakdoshi30 @ yahoo.com.

RICHA (chartered accountant) (39 Points)
Replied 07 May 2012

ya chippy,you are right

pratiharidesai (SEO) (22 Points)
Replied 08 May 2012

Hi don't worry as jyoti said that it is our part of life.One day all the thing will be ok and don't think negative.

RICHA (chartered accountant) (39 Points)
Replied 09 May 2012

ya suhas we are all depressed,.kya icai ko ye bat samajh nahi aati.

pratiharidesai (SEO) (22 Points)
Replied 09 May 2012

Well Richa what happen why are you so angary.

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 11 May 2012

sorry i m rejoining this discussion late 

so far as myself is concerned ... i confirm my rank in cwa finals and through cwa capus i had been placed in coal india ltd a maharatna psu... at an ctc of 6.5lpa

right now due to some factors promoted to next grade as sr officer finance at an ctc 8.5lpa

about the unemployent

situation is more worse now .....

no jobs for a person who does not have aquintances and refernces

earlier corporates were paying avg 6lpa

which has been reduced to 20-25thousand on an average

one of the person said above that Big4s are always recruiting 

yes they are but for now only for refrences .....

now the current situations is ...from july 2011 till date who is where is stucked there 

unemployed are either employed in very small firms or still unemployed

employed are into same jobs ,,,,, 

note : few exeptions can be there

about the presumption that ca is the top course and all ... it is true 

but the bitter reality is the pass percentage in may 2011 and nov 2011 which passed 4 times more students then required

abhay is saying smthing which is just a mere illusion ... bro come into the market first ... since u are a student and while i was same .. i used to boast same that i will get 50k per month ... after once u get qualified ... the most imp thing is the interview.... 

now is the situation ... people are sitting idle ... applying and applying ... and no interview calls at all ..

and if few are lucky and get a interview calls ... there are at least 10 times more candidates for a single position .....

i heard one of my pcc rankholder parents saying " galti kari bacche ko ca karwa kar .. is se accha kuch aur karwa dete "

iam not of view that ca is a small course

it is the top most course of commerce in country 

but the only fact i would like to criticise is the pass percentage

if there is too much supply against normal demand ... the things goes undervalued or non valued at all 

i was in hope that the nov 11 results would make the situation better but it came with more 

at last i must say that all those who have qualified have faith on the degree ... it is the one which will make all of us earn a lot with respect . . . right now is the time which is the most frustrating . . . but once it gets over . . we all will surely rock like a CA always did....

P:s : do not amuse that i am agains ICAI ... i am and will always in favour of what it does ... just showing my non happy state with the result percentage ... which is making a loads of qualified people daily cry .

Peace out 

Pralay Chakraborty (Service) (482 Points)
Replied 11 May 2012

u r right Ravi.... the problem is about the pass percentage.. and it is making the ca course like a simple mba type course. bcz, the % of passed out is around 25% ,in the last 2 term,  if i'm not wrong

Even one more thing i wud like to say, now a days i found that most of the coachin inst. which used to offer Bank clerk, Public xam coaching, they are also giving coaching to ca course. and not only that, they r giving guarantee.....bcz they bcm confident for this huge pass out. may be this huge pass out % making them so confident that they r putting "come after 10th class, leave as a ca" as a tagline(this is indeed a tagline of a commercial coachin centr.....).

if this % is going on, then the days r coming wen ca and mba will b treated at par.

comparatively, (as Ravi got placement through ICAI-CMA int)  ICAI-CMA inst is maintaining a good track record of pass % as it shud b.. in the last few terms the figure is not more than 8-10% .. if am nt wrong. Result: Ravi. he got a placement in CIL.. there are so many ravi r there hu got placement through ICAI-CMA. Even i got in BHEL. Many of my frnds got a good job as well.

ICAI-CA inst. shud maintain there track record as well.

1 Like

Pralay Chakraborty (Service) (482 Points)
Replied 11 May 2012

btw, where is "member (account deleted)" person??? is he listening to this painful voice of yong ca's???

K.K.K. (Professional) (131 Points)
Replied 11 May 2012

An eye opening news clip.

smiley

Replied 11 May 2012

hey KKK .. his name is misprinted in the newspaper

THIS GUY IS WORKING WITH US IN COAL INDIA

HE IS A TRUE WINNER . . .

HE IS SENIOR OFFICER FINANCE AT NIGAHI PROJECT OF COAL INDIA LTD

HATS OFF TO YOU SHIRU SAROJ

K.K.K. (Professional) (131 Points)
Replied 12 May 2012

Originally posted by : CA-CWA RAVI KHANAL

hey KKK .. his name is misprinted in the newspaper

THIS GUY IS WORKING WITH US IN COAL INDIA

HE IS A TRUE WINNER . . .

HE IS SENIOR OFFICER FINANCE AT NIGAHI PROJECT OF COAL INDIA LTD

HATS OFF TO YOU SHIBU SAROJ

Dear Ravi,

It is nice to knw that you are working with him. BUT again "his name in new clip is RIGHT". 

Please see the list of selected candidates as declared by the INSTITUTE, serial number 68 contains his name as given in news paper.  see the link below:

https://students.icwai.org/Placement/docs/Campus/Provisionally-selected-candidates-Coal-India.pdf

Replied 13 May 2012

ACTUALLY HE IS SHIRU SAROJ INSTEAD OF SHEROO SAVITA

palak doshi (Chartered Accountant) (26 Points)
Replied 07 July 2012

i m unemployed from last 7 mothns after clearing CA. Pls help me out anyone. If there is job them post it to me at palakdoshi30 @ yahoo.com. I m really disappointed. Many a times i use to get depress and think of comminting a sucide.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: