The thrilling journey in CA - Part 1

CA Pankaj Kr Agrawal (@Helping Hand) (2143 Points)

25 July 2016  

Chapter One: The First Failure 

Here is my Formal Introduction, CA Pankaj Kr Agrawal, ACA, B Com (H), CS Executive (Not appeared for Final) and now Preparing for Civil Service examination. I am admin of many Facebook Pages Like "CA Dreams" and Co-Admin of many Facebook groups and Whatsapp groups.

Kindly refer the below mentioned links relevant for upcoming exams.

So, My story is not much different from you but I am just trying to convey a message that "The Essence of SUCCESS is only originates from the Part of FAILURE" In This part, I only covered my story from The beginning in CA to How I cleared CPT. It is not possible to cover whole story in single part Because there are many things to share with you in form of Motivation, Lesson from Life, Maturity, How to overcome failure etc.

My Favourite Quote: 
"उठो, जागो और तब तक न रूको, जब तक लक्ष्य तक न पहुँच जाओ|"

I am average kind of student like you. Somehow I managed to secured First division in 10th and 12th in State board. I never ever heard Courses liked "CA", "CS", "CMA". I know only popular courses like Engineering, MBBS, MA, Professor, PHD, MBA etc. You know, popularly TV, Media, Movies or blah blah covered only popular courses. Ahh, CA is also popular course I never denied being a CA . You know our Bollywood have been made only some movies on CAs. 

I passed Class 12th in commerce with First division. Everyone was happy but God has been set something different for me. My brother Ordered/insisted me to pursue CA. I was like Okay it would be great fun like Staying away from home and it was like "My LIFE My RULE".

But, The pain was miserable of staying away from sweet home. I had paid two times money to ICAI for CPT registration. Will tell you how I paid two times money. I was quite excited about CA CPT and never bother about CA PCC or Final syllabus or and the monster part of CA course "Articleship". It was just like for me I am CA if I would qualify only CA CPT. (This is the only reason that why I am a CA because I never think about Future. I only think about present situation and scenario and the way of fighting from it.)

I sent the Demand draft of Rs.1500/- to ICAI and in the mean time The Registration fees has been increased to Rs. 3000/- from Rs. 1500/- and like others students I was not aware of it. (Apne Masti mein hu, apne ko kya fee increase ho ya kuch aur ho). But, I really I don't know, WTF sh*t was going on with my DD of Rs. 1500/-. Unfortunately and uncomfortably, I had to get registered with ICAI with Fresh DD of Rs. 3000/- because previous DD was misplaced and No one want to take responsibility of it.[ Being a CA, I can't blame ICAI ]

Wo kya bolte h "Samay Kharab Chal Raha hai, Tabhi ICAI mein registration hota h "Mere saath to aise he hua kyoki I had paid them double time. Basically it was sign of "Kya Galat hua/time Kharab h / upar wala nh chahta h/ blah blah"

Btw, I forgot to tell you people, I had done my schooling through Hindi medium and then after that I migrated/switched to totally in English medium. It was so fascinating for me and somehow I managed it.

After CPT registration, I was happy and enjoying life. Basically, I don't believe in taking coaching class . I believe in self study, good notes and hard work. But, Being a Hindi medium student and from state board, I was feared of English environment. So, I took coaching class for CPT but attended only 30-40% classes only. I just took CA CPT casually like Tick karke aana hai "Jai mata di".

I wrote CA CPT with full of confidence and started waiting for result. Finally, On Judgement Day, I broke with tears because I was failed in CA CPT and some of my friends had cracked it. First time in my life, I had faced to Failure. But, I am converted this failure into motivation

Inner Feeling was like" Dost fail ho jaye toh dukh hota hai ... lekin dost pass ho jaye toh zyada dukh hota hai"

“If you don't have room to fail, you don't have room to grow."

The monsters in my head were scared of Failure but No one knows about the Future. I had only one question in mind while preparing for examination, "How to Not Give Up". Then I realised "If Someone has that power to crack CPT, then also I am having it because I am also human being like him."

So I started preparing at war level with proper planning, hard work, dedication. It is not to show/ Prove to the world but to Prove within me that I can do it if I wish it. I am not looser. 

Finally, I wrote the CPT examination again and this I cracked CPT happily.

"Hard work only pays off when it meets the right plan of action."

So, In light of above Story I want to convey one thing "A lot of hard workers fall short of success because they don't understand that working hard only pays off when it is channeled on the right plan of action." 

P.S.:

I know it's too long but please bear with me. Hope so you will like it and understand the message from it.

Pardon me if there is an error in story.

If you really get motivation from it then please comment and then I will continue next part of the story.

The author can also be reached at caagrawalpankaj @ gmail.com