Tds correction against short deduction

Dear Sir,

What if i deducted 30.90% u/s 195 for FY 2018-19 instead of 31.20% (short deduction on cess 3% instead of 4%),

on 06.05.2018 i paid @ 30.90%, later for difference 1% cess i paid on 06.08.2018,

How to file correction return for short deduction on cess. 

Hello,

I have a similar issue wherein I didn't pay Education cess (Rs 900) in a statement filed for Form 27Q (TDS on Rent paid to an NRI as my landlord is an NRI).

I have the RPU software and have downloaded the Conso file. I have deducted TDS at 30% as per direction from IT Dept. The rent per month is Rs 25000, hence the TDS comes to Rs 7500 and Cess comes to Rs 300 per month. In my monthly challans for TDS, I have only deposited the Rs 7500 and didn't deposit the Cess at Rs 300. I have another challan now in which I have paid the pending Cess of Rs 900 along with Interests and Late payment fees.

When I correct the statement on TRACES and upload this new challan, it consumes the Interest and Late payment fees amount, but the Rs 900 of Short Deduction is still shown as Pending in the Default summary, and it is unconsumed from the Challan (the Challan balance is Rs 900).

How can I edit this Conso file in the RPU software? Note that the percentage at which TDS was deducted is correct in my case - just the Cess was missed.

Thanks,

Mayank.

Hello,

 

I have a similar issue wherein I didn't pay Education cess (Rs 900) in a statement filed for Form 27Q (TDS on Rent paid to an NRI as my landlord is an NRI). I have the RPU software and have downloaded the Conso file. I have deducted TDS at 30% as per direction from IT Dept. The rent per month is Rs 25000, hence the TDS comes to Rs 7500 and Cess comes to Rs 300 per month. In my monthly challans for TDS, I have only deposited the Rs 7500 and didn't deposit the Cess at Rs 300. I have another challan now in which I have paid the pending Cess of Rs 900 along with Interests and Late payment fees. When I correct the statement on TRACES and upload this new challan, it consumes the Interest and Late payment fees amount, but the Rs 900 of Short Deduction is still shown as Pending in the Default summary, and it is unconsumed from the Challan (the Challan balance is Rs 900).

 

Note that the percentage at which TDS was deducted is correct in my case - just the Cess was missed.

 

Thanks,

Rajesh Kumar

How can I edit this Conso file in the RPU software? Note that the percentage at which TDS was deducted is correct in my case - just the Cess was missed.

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/tds-correction-against-short-deduction-339946.asp?offset=2

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details