Return Filing Date

I had not filed my income tax return for the asst.year 2009-2010. I received news from the my friend it is that file the pending return before the 31st oct 2009 otherwise I am liable for penlaty of Rs.5000/- for non filing of income tax return.

But as per my knowledge I can file my return upto 31.03.2010 without penlty only I have to pay interest u/s 234a. Its true.

 

Please help me for this issue.

Regards

Mahendra Lad

Replies (2)

Ya your right, you can file still march 2010 there is no penalty, only you have to pay interest 234 A.If your tax liability is 5k and more then you have to pay 234 A,B & C all section interest 1% for month....Nothing like that 5k penalty...

u r right

you file your returan 2010 and u pay interest as per sec 234 A is 1% and u file after 2010 then u pay penalty u/d 234B 5000rs

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details