Easy Office
LCI Learning

Nov 11 - direct tax paper review *_*

Page no : 4

S.Ramkumar (Final Student) (114 Points)
Replied 17 November 2011

Originally posted by : Ghanshyam Joshi
THE BUSINESS LOSS AND UNABSORBED DEP WERE OF PREVIOUS YEAR IN WHICH THE ASSESSEE HAD NOT OPTED FOR 44AD.
CHECK THE PROVISIONS OF SET OFF OF UNABSORBED DEP OF PREVIOUS YEAR AFTER IDT PAPER - IT CAN BE SET OFF

AS YOU ARE SAYING THAT CARRIED FORWARD AND SET OFF PROVISIONS OF UNABSORBED DEPRECIATION IS FROM THE PREVIOUS YEAR HENCE IT CAN BE SETOFF.

BUT 44AD EXCLUDES ALL THE SECTIONS FROM 30 TO 38 AND BROUGHT FORWARD OR UNABSORBED DEPRECIATION LIES IN SECTION 32.

HENCE CANNOT DEDUCT UNABSORBED DEPRECIATION WHEREAS B/F LOSSES IS COVERED UNDER SECTION 72.

Section 44AD Sub-section (2) - Any deduction allowable under the provisions of sections 30 to 38 shall, for the purposes of sub-section (1), be deemed to have been already given full effect to and no further deduction under those sections shall be allowed :

PLEASE CORRECT IF I AM WRONG

S.Ramkumar

chandar (Deputy Manager-Accounts)   (296 Points)
Replied 18 November 2011

Dear All best of luck to all of you.

Paper was good and i hope all you attempted very well.

But some thing more is necessary.... Marking as its in the hands of the institue.. because every body knows the results of verification of this time and the previous onesss.. Anyways Best of luck to all.

CA SANJAY GARG ( Chartered Accountant) (150 Points)
Replied 18 November 2011

s. ramkumar I had done same treatment u done & agree with u..........

CA SANJAY GARG ( Chartered Accountant) (150 Points)
Replied 18 November 2011

s. ramkumar I had done same treatment u done & agree with u......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: