Easy Office

New Regulation-- Articleship (Whats Problem ?)

Page no : 2

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 29 March 2009

I FEEL cheated

Again, they have done sth which harms the interests of student. This DRACONIAN  law about transfer didn't exist even in their times when they were articles.

What about those students; who were about to get transfer into better CA firm or a another CA firm which offers more opportunities?No transfer within same city( what the hell)? An another move by "institute of chartered accountants" and not "institute for CA students of india" to ENPOWER CAs to coerce students to work extra hours, miss coachings, and take negligent leave for exams.

He can just order anything. This rule will "immunise" him that " if the student protests he can even CANcel or TERMINATE OR extend. what does this mean? Have we become their prostitutes or what(sorry for my language). But tell me; does this mean CA students become like condoms. Like a condom when it tears it is thrown away; a CA student becomes of no use; he can simply cancel, extend or terminate his articleship.

Now our very respected Mr daga may say "we have our diary to prove that". I have always been made to miss class and work from 11 to 630; and many times we have to forego their sundays; and we are left high and dry when our exams are next november and we can't claim credits.  AND DO U THINK CA WILL SIGN THAT HE HAS BEEN MAKING US WORK MORE THAN 530. TELL ME.

ICAI doesn't take action against CA who flout this rule of office timings and PWC tainted auditors remain in Central council. icai is losing its credibility not amongst outsiders and also amongst PROSPECTIVE FUTURE CA.

Until CA students launch a united, strong agitation against this; icai will continue to hammer our career before this. Before joining this field; icai advertised about how they had "managed" students' times (11 to 5pm) and how it has been made smoother for students.

And i am fed up from this transfer clause. Revert it. I have no problem about work diary and the timings(waise bhi to mujhe to 7 hrs hi kaam karna he). No transfer in same city. Arey yaar; have members of CA gone nuts.

Dark age for CA students and Diwali for CAs practising. I will surely warn my brother who has given his hsc exams to forget CA and opt for CS because

i) board made up of like minded people

ii)no articleship till Final level and that too of 1.5 yrs

iii)not lagging behind CA field in terms of packages if we opt for service.

If this rule had been there prior to Aug2007; i would never have joined CA rather chosen CS. Now, our career is in the hands of other who can just chew upon this if he wants.

Once again, sorry for my lang. But i am really frustated and desperate.

koolleo87 (1268 Points)
Replied 29 March 2009

Hey Jose........ Dont ever say sorry for saying all this...... The ICAI certainly deserves this and all the abuses you can ever think of.....

Rajan Gupta (C.A. final student) (277 Points)
Replied 31 March 2009

Anyone who is on a dummy will not be affected by these rules .... kyunki uska toh kuch nahi bigdega...... I think this strategy of the institute to stop dummy will backfire and there will be more dummy articles from now on...

The inst. must understand that these tough regulations can't stop dummy articleships... I have 10 months of my articleship left and I had an offer from a very good firm to do the rest of my articles there... But now all my plans have gone off track... This decision of the inst. will adversely affect genuine students and not dummies....

Any ways I myself believe that you must not work for 1250 / - RS. a month.

Rajan Gupta (C.A. final student) (277 Points)
Replied 31 March 2009

Join the Dummy Community.....

Dummy Lo aur Aish Karo.....

Madhav Gupta (Article Assistant) (32 Points)
Replied 31 March 2009

I feel that the terms relating to Termination are not fexible.

The ones who have made these regulations are no doubt wise people, i.e. The Esteemed members of the Council. With all due respect we appreciate the concern raised by the Council but the measures which are taken by it are very Arbitrary and they give undue powers to the Council and Principal, leaving the Article student at the mercy of them. 

The council is made of present members but it also constitutes aspiring students who wish to become members in future.

Such regulations will widen the generation gap between the aspiring students and the members and will also rupture the relation leading to poorer quality of service from Articles. The entire motive of the Council will get defeated.

As a Student who has a deep passion for this profession I can only pray and hope that the implications should not be negative. The days to come shall tell us what is in store but as Professionals I feel we should be composed and remain focused on our duties and at the same time take up our grievances with the Council in a peaceful manner.

When the going gets tough, the Tough gets going!

koolleo87 (1268 Points)
Replied 31 March 2009

Rajan Gupta....... The ICAI wants to harm our career by imposing these regulations....... But dummy will harm it too...... Availing excess leave from our principal is ok for exams..... but a complete dummy is not done..... It will harm our career friend....

nandeep (article assistant) (39 Points)
Replied 01 April 2009

Please DONT DO CA

because institute is NOT AT ALL CO-OPERATIVE

Each & every rule is accepted but You cant take transfer in the same city it is ridiculous

We were bonded labour and from now on we are slave

I have already made my mind to leave CA

tapas aghera (Article assisstant) (42 Points)
Replied 02 April 2009

I totally agree with u guys. ANd CA AMit Doga - Have u completed CA ??? i think now u r member of ICAI and ICAI always makes rules for articles but IT IS ALWAYS BENEFICIAL TO MEMBERS.

CA is a course which includes THEORY AND PRACTICALS BOTH.

ICAI in this rules concentrated only on Practicals. What do u say ? r they  going to give us exemptions in subjects??? NEVER na

Then ??

If they want a solution for dumy then search those member who gives DUmmy and not the articls who does regular articleship  which always beging on 10.30 ON PAPER ( BUT ACUTALLY WILL BE STARTING AT 9.00) and ending on 6.00 ON PAPER( WHICH ACTUALLY DOESNT HAVE ANY SPECIFIED TIME FOR ENDING) . We are facing a problems dude......

ICAI - i believe one of the reputed Institute of India or worlldwide CA . but it doesnt mean whatever they do is always correct.

Stipend - u just check the limits of stipend . how less they are !!!!!!! Even a B.Com Pass student get 5000 p. m.

and what limit for us ???!!!! 1000-1500 ???? does it sufficient  ??? for us ???

We work for our selves also i agree on this point that doing articleship will help us to improve our knowledge but at the same time MEmber also tget their work done at a very less cost.

I dont agree with this ruls at all

NEED TO BE CHANGED - WE ARE MADE A "KEDI" OF ICAI BY IMPOSING TRANSFER RULE ALSO

CA. Amit Daga (Finance Controller CA. CS. CFA. CIFRS. M.COM. )   (9017 Points)
Replied 03 April 2009

Yes I am CA and we faced all those probs thatswhy i am saying this is really a good step and once u become a ca even u will realise brother and Yar i can understand your fustration but at the end of the day icai plays major role.. and u say u have to search the people who is giving dummy articleship.. why not we will search a student who is dummy articleship.. just tell me one thing by doing dummy articleship who is loosing.. you or inst.. offcouse you brother no one else.. and tuff deceissions are always painful

CA. Amit Daga (Finance Controller CA. CS. CFA. CIFRS. M.COM. )   (9017 Points)
Replied 03 April 2009

One more thing at the end of the day all of you want to be a CA. So, tell me one thing buddy if we want to be a CA only than why we are shouting on our inst just rem one thing only due to CA degree you are getting a different kind of status.. As some people are saying leaving the CA than i say brother no boddy is stoping you but i am quite sure after some u feel u did mistakes now otherthings are upto u

Amit

koolleo87 (1268 Points)
Replied 03 April 2009

Well, now that you said it, Well, the ICAI has nothing on tis own.... The ICWAI and ICSI are far better in PROFESSIONALISM than ICAI......... N if it is the CA degree that we are getting status, the ICAI has nothing to do with this........ Remember that it is the Act of parliament, not ICAI which gives a CA the value they are getting......
1 Like

Tahseen Tabassum (CA-FINAL) (644 Points)
Replied 03 April 2009

Yes I also think except to the Transfer clause in the regulation by the Institute all other clause are well.

sudhir gautam (CA Final) (145 Points)
Replied 04 April 2009

Mr.Dga

You are saying that by dummy who is loosing.the Member who is giving dummy is more punishable because he is member and it is his duty to take care that no rule is voilated.When no CA will give dummy how will the student get dummy.Where a CA can do any thing for Money.My dear see the number of case where action is pending against CA and no result of investigation has come out and ICAI take very early step in the matter of student.Our Institute is very good But the in that is of very cheap mentally.Let we become CA will change the image of our insitute. 

Replied 04 April 2009

Mr.Dga

You are saying that by dummy who is loosing.the Member who is giving dummy is more punishable because he is member and it is his duty to take care that no rule is voilated.When no CA will give dummy how will the student get dummy.Where a CA can do any thing for Money.My dear see the number of case where action is pending against CA and no result of investigation has come out and ICAI take very early step in the matter of student.Our Institute is very good But the in that is of very cheap mentally.Let we become CA We will change the image of our insitute. 

Replied 04 April 2009

Mr.Dga

You are saying that by dummy who is loosing.the Member who is giving dummy is more punishable because he is member and it is his duty to take care that no rule is voilated.When no CA will give dummy how will the student get dummy.Where a CA can do any thing for Money.My dear see the number of case where action is pending against CA and no result of investigation has come out and ICAI take very early step in the matter of student.Our Institute is very good But the in that is of very cheap mentally.Let we become CA We will change the image of our insitute. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro