Easy Office
LCI Learning

Is 5 Months Enough to Pass?

Page no : 3

Naami (CA Final Student (Articled Assistant))   (162 Points)
Replied 19 May 2010

@ Mukesh

How much time did you study in a day? and how long did you study? where are you from? did you like this thread? number of people have thanked me for my contributions in thank user. glad to know that people are thanking me. this community rocks. quite helpful for CA students. just making an effort so that people like me appearing for november exams get some valuable inputs via this forum.

Nikky (article ) (60 Points)
Replied 19 May 2010

Hi!!!! Naami

Its totally depends on the people. If u study hard and concentrate on your studies and by applying proper planning five months are enough. But one have to work really hard to revise atleast for two times in five month. Best of Luck .

Mukesh Goel (CA,CFA) (103 Points)
Replied 19 May 2010

Hi Naami

I am basically from kolkata and I have cleared CA from kolkata but currently I am working for Infosys in hyderabad.

My study pattern is not common to all and not many can adopt it. My routine u can say it study 7-8 hours a day with 5-10 minutes break after every half an hour. Take your proper sleep with 7-8 hours a day . And in the remaining time spend with ur friends and on ur hobbies as u like.

Don't never let the bhhot of exam ride over u .Always enjoy what are u reading.

As far as my backgroung goes along with with CA I have cleared CFA and B. Com simultanously and appeared for Cat 2 times rather they were not as successful to get me in good B-school.

Only one advice keep ur concept clear rather than just mugging up even in audit and law.

Don't even hesitate to appear for exam even u are 60 % prepared god know questions can come from that 60 % only.

Always believe in yourself will help u a lot in facing a lot of difficulties in life and among one of them is CA final.

1 Like

(Guest)

hiiii

5 months is enough to clear C.A final Exam.....but u shud hv to be serious in these 5 months.....

acc to my exp u vl be able to revise ur course 2 times.....

my way of studiny was that i had given app 13 days to each sub for 1st rev n in second rev 5 days to each sub.....

my humble req is that...u shud give more imp to study mat bcoz now a days icai r askin more from study mat...

2nd thg tht i want to say is i hv gvn 15 days to each sub n 4 days n for som sub 3 days......i hv done 1 mistake i.e in 1st rev i hv revised 100% in 2nd rev 75 to 80 % i waqnt to suggest u that u gv 12 to 13 days for each sub do all the imp topics so that u vl be able to cover 80 to 85 % course n in 2nd rev gv 5 days to each sub....reason is that in 2nd rev u vl be able to rev app 80 to 85% course 15 to 20% course u wont able to revise n even on exam day also u wont able to revise that part.....n if Qus cum on that part then you wont be able to recall bcoz tht thg u had read app 4  to 5 months back......n its totally wastage of time for that 15-20% part n u vl feel regret y u hv revised that part......my req is do 80 to 85 % on 1st rev all imp ch in 2 nd rev revise whole 100 % part so tht u vl be able to recall in exam....

if need any further help then let me knw

Replied 20 May 2010

thnx mukesh, nikky & deepak

thanx a lot dear

Replied 20 May 2010

thnx mukesh, nikky & deepak

thanx a lot dear

Arun Chandrahasan ACA DISA (Practise) (35 Points)
Replied 20 May 2010

Naami........... Study all the theory papers first so that you can revise before the exam atleast 5 to 6 times. You should be well versed in Auditing, Law and Mics in such a way that you should be able to cover the entire portions the day before the exam. That revesion is critical since you will remember everything that you go through on that day. Problem papers can be taken up in between. In my opinion never take an approach of studying one paper and then going to others. Mix up the studies. otherwise you will forget one paper when you take up another. And never tell in public the time that you get as study leave. You are not supposed to get so much leave as per rules..........;).......So all the best........take care......

Replied 20 May 2010

Thnx Arun :)

(Guest)

/forum/why-only-1-2-attempt-cleared-ca-selected-for-good-job--83956.asp

ASH (nil) (77 Points)
Replied 20 May 2010

Hi Naami ,

You are appearing for CA final and  you need some one else to plan for you?  CA expects expert knowledge  in most  of the papers. It  is not like other exams. Hence first  be realsitic about your strength and weakness and make simple plan for yourself.

My advise dont use cell phone and internet ( use only for studies).  As Mukesh said understand concepts dont mug too much.

If you are above average IQ yes it is possible to clear both groups in 5 months else plan for one group and finish.

By the way I cleared my second group with just 10 days preperation .But I had lots of practical experience to support in DT and IDT.:D

Advance wishes to one and all appearing for last attempt in old CA Final in Nov 2010.

:)

karthikeyan.v (Chartered Accountant) (523 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

dear naami

5 months is too long a period for studying, i wholly agree with mr ASH that you will have to do it on ur self, every one has their strengths and weakness, u cannot take others ideas and prepare, having said that, i feel after going thru the subjects and with communicating with so many here in this site, MICS in by far a easy subject where u can score a lot of marks, DT and IDT, u should have god working knowledge, lot of practical work u do will be helpful in writing the exam and costing is as usual , u will have to work out lot of problems and understand the concept, cause 100 problems you work the problem in the exam will be the 101 st, As far as the first group i have no idea as i have cleared it long long age..... wish u all the best for ur exams, good luck, regarding luck i have to say that u reallyneed how ever well uhave prepared, may god be with you naami,

with warm regards

karthi, (the smallest)

chandar (Deputy Manager-Accounts)   (296 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

Hi Friends,

You must keep such thing in mind when you are going to start studying. Time doesn't matter. What matter is your planning and your action towards it. Your commitment. to yourself. Time can be 1 year also and 2 months also.

The one thing to remember is that Good planning along with your attitude can do magic. Less time is always good. That Creates Challenge and whoever accepts that and take that seriously can get what he or she wants.

Do study well and dont deceive yourself because itzzz CA   not BA.

Regards

Chandar

Replied 21 May 2010

thnx chandar and karthi

you guys rock

thnx for all your advices keep them coming

anyway

Please join the Nov CA final Community

/community/ca-final-nov-2010-2406.asp

1 Like

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

ash nice reply !!

thnx for guiding us 

CA Naresh Sharma (CA Final & Article) (69 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

i think 5 months r enough only when u hav compleated a basic udestanding of all d sub but in my view one should start his study before a year n should form himself in such a way that he can utilize those 5 months in productive manner. my final view is that one year is enough to get prepared for the exams.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: