Easy Office
LCI Learning

Is 5 Months Enough to Pass?

Page no : 2

Naami (CA Final Student (Articled Assistant))   (162 Points)
Replied 18 May 2010

Every one saying that its enough, its easy, you have lots of time. Kindly can someone give me a small plan for the next FIVE AND HALF month? That would be of great help. Thanks anuj and akash.

Ganesh.S.Kumar (Consulting Executive) (852 Points)
Replied 18 May 2010

everyone plans and studies differently.what i plan and follow may not be suitable to u.so first find out which subjects u feel r difficult.plan ur studies in such a way that u study those difficult subjects daily for a minimum of 2 hours.try to study 1 practical and 1 theoretical subject per day.try to put in 8-10 hours of studies per day.i know it's difficult but it's possible.

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 18 May 2010

HI NAAMI

well iam also going to take exams in this November 2010

and like u iam also having 5 months left

my plan for the papers are

MWF : 1ST Group 

( at least 12 hours of study devoted to 6 am to 9am: law, 10am to 1 pm SFM, 3pm tp 6pm : accounts  7pm to 10 pm audit )

TTS : 2ND GROUP

well iam having DT classes on that day but for u the plan should be the same for the 12 hours

devoting 3 hours each subject

SUNDAY:  revision of wat left as per the scheduled

now i have decided to at least leave 45 days at the end during which iam not gonna study any new topic( except amendments in law)

so i could say on 1st june i have 107 (30+31+31+15)days for preparing everything 

and say 30 days for revising them ( i keep last 10 especially for 1st group revision and 5 days of the last for 1st exam)

Nishant (Charterted Accountant) (56 Points)
Replied 18 May 2010

Hi mam

It totally depends on your efficency and spending productive time while studying . 5 months is more than enough time for finals  provided u should utilise it properly . and I hope u have  done with any classes if any u need. Ithink in DT , IDT ,,  what ever is there is updates at least they are asking 20 to 30 marks  from that . u need regular practice  for accounts and costing ,,,  and the  most important see the  suggested ans  solve ...

all  the  best

send me a  test mail

nishuagrawal @ gmail.com

I will send u some stuff expexted in  nov 10

Nishant (Charterted Accountant) (56 Points)
Replied 18 May 2010

Pls  madam

Don't ask anybody for plans and all that

.. Make your plan ..  Do and study as u feel it that U can do  it

and remember  set targets  daywise and  pls make targets realestic

Jithin (Learner) (1057 Points)
Replied 18 May 2010

Hai, it is not so easy as it is projected here(if it is to get a rank tru self study with 5 months preparation)..It consumes a lot more time when u study on own(I know the difficulty as I am also studying on my own). The more practical approach should be to concentrate on first group more. Ensure that u pass 1st grp at any cost & also try to pass 2nd group. If I am in ur situation, I will do the following:

1)For June & July-Study 1st group only. Allocate time as: 35% to sfm, 35% to accs, 30% to unfinished portion of audit & law. Complete 1st grp by July end.

2) For Aug & Sep-start 2nd grp. But only 85% of ur time should be devoted to 2nd grp. Use the balance 15% time to revise 1st grp(revise different subjects every day..keep in touch with all the subjects of grp.1). If u feel u cant complete full portion of 2nd grp within 2 months, then opt for selective study in that grp.

3)Use the last month for revision..If u follow this, U will definitely clear 1st grp & have more chance of clearing 2nd grp..and u who knows, u may even get a rank. 

(Guest)

i think it depends upon the way u grasp ,

but i just want to say atleast finished all the subject first revision before 3 months of exam.  It makes the  things becomes easier because last moment you cant do well due to tensions.

ok by NAAMI

Hope you like my view

(Guest)

i think if u study 6 hrs regularly for 5 month u will b rank holder so cheers........n wat abt party for being rank holder?

Dhanunjay Harnadh (CA - Final) (77 Points)
Replied 18 May 2010

Mr. Shashank Kumar

u said it is enough if u read 6 hours a day. do u know about CA Final ????? Dont give blank statements first u know about Volume and examination papers.

.........This is not an ordinary degree sir.........

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Dhanunjay Harnadh

Mr. Shashank Kumar

u said it is enough if u read 6 hours a day. do u know about CA Final ????? Dont give blank statements first u know about Volume and examination papers.

i knw very well abt CA Final n i have cleared 1st group n got exemption in MICS in just a month of study. May be it vary from student to student, but 5 month, boss i can bet if u do regular study of about 5-7 hrs, no 1 will stop u. But if u will only sleep, then 10 year is also less for you........n its not blank statement.....i have crossed through this so i expressed my view..........

Dhanunjay Harnadh (CA - Final) (77 Points)
Replied 18 May 2010

Mr. Shashank Kumar

i knw very well abt CA Final n i have cleared 1st group n got exemption in MICS in just a month of study. May be it vary from student to student, but 5 month, boss i can bet if u do regular study of about 5-7 hrs, no 1 will stop u. But if u will only sleep, then 10 year is also less for you........n its not blank statement.....i have crossed through this so i expressed my view..........

Dear Mr. Extradinary

U didnt get 5months time and 6 hours for day to get Rank . i Pity on u boss for loosing valuable rank.

(Guest)

Mr. Shashank Kumar

Dear Mr. Extradinary

U didnt get 5months time and 6 hours for day to get Rank . i Pity on u boss for loosing valuable rank.

boss i am working in US Comp since last three year n u knw they dont give u leave like we use to get during articleship but as that guy have only 5 month , if utilizes that time sincearly, then i am sure rank will not be far from him. if i have had 5 month i would defn. gone for rank.........but alas i have some responsibility also so i cant leave job.

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 19 May 2010

i agree to shashank kumar

if one studies honestly for 5-6 effective hours he can secure rank in this 5 months 

but it depends a student to do it 

most of people have done it in 3 mnths

and many of them could not do it in a long period than that 

Naami (CA Final Student (Articled Assistant))   (162 Points)
Replied 19 May 2010

@ Mr Shashank and Dhanunjay.

Please refrain from arguing on others opinion. Just give your Opinions. This will end up in a big fight. Which i dont want.

@ Ravi Khanal

Your plan for the next 5 mnths seems a little unrealistic for me atleast. Firstly i can not study 12 hours a day. Effective study can be 9 hours and 2-3 hours i can try more but that wont be effective. that will include planning and  revising or just plain reading some easy topic.

Thanx dude for your advice. but do you think 5 months is enough to secure a rank. Go through all my posts to know my status of studies. What i want is a small plan on how to proceed during these four months.

I can only start from 1st june since i will be getting holidays?

btw i have heard of no holidays for exams in next attempt. and 50 marks per subject to pass. Is that true?

@ Anuj, Ganesh, Akash, Nishant

Thanx a lot for your inputs. lokking forward to more inputs from your side.

@ Others

Thanx. and sorry to have forgotten your names.

Mukesh Goel (CA,CFA) (103 Points)
Replied 19 May 2010

Hi Naami

I have gone through the threads and wanted to inform u that nothing is impossible and if u are dedicated enough in these 5 months u can give a brave try to appear for both group. whether u will pass or not is not on your hands. Even students who dedicate there 2 years are unable to clear the exam. Do u have answers to that.

Just give ur best I know CA study is like a ocean and our knowledge is not enough to fill up a lake also.

So just keep trying

As myself have gone through these pain in clearing CA final in 6 months without tutions as I was preparing for Cat exam and in between that I dropped that Idea and decided to give CA final because of Family Pressure and u will be surprised to know that I have secured 50 th rank in Ca final may 2008 Exam.

Hope this will motivate u to study hard

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: