Easy Office

Decided to quit

Page no : 2

Sathish M (Management Accountant) (40581 Points)
Replied 09 August 2014

When the emotions run too high it is always tough to handle the situation but there has to be some sense of introspection, to keep your cool and decide. Wise people say never react when you are too angry or emotionally charged, because it only leads to more confusion and complication. Better use the pause button within yourself, before taking a call as to which way you intend to proceed in life. It is easy to make big statements either positive or negative, but that does not mean you can speak what ever comes to ones mind. Please use judgement which is wholistic in your self interest. I want you to ponder what went wrong and try take remedial measures, instead getting swayed by emotions. Take a wise call when you are in a calm and peaceful mind. Best wishes for whatever decision you take, ultimately its you who know the truth and lead the life.
1 Like

CA. Mayur (Service) (147 Points)
Replied 09 August 2014

Hey Vijay quitting is easy but facing and fight with bad time in life is difficult. I understand the pain you must be going through, but quitting just because you could not clear exam is not a good excuse. Just think after 5 years will you be happy to note that you quit because you could not succeed or you will be happy to note that you are true fighter and you prove it during those bad days in life by coming out successfully. Secondly academic performance affect career but it is not show stopper. I had seen people with multiple attempt have high spirit of absorbing pressure and deliver good in high pressure. This make them ahead of others. Friend think twice before quitting. Wish you good luck.

Saheb Rishab (Article/ Completed Training...)   (98 Points)
Replied 09 August 2014

Originally posted by : Aishwarya
After seeing my marks my only thought was THESE ARE NOT MY MARKS. I am sure they mixed it up with some one else's. I put half the effort for Group 2 and cleared it easily. But grp 1 I have been struggling last 2 attempts. I can convince myself of the failure but in subjects I expected exemptions I got 40's and in the ones I was expecting to just pass I get 53. Seriously... HOW???!!!

exactly... i am also wondering if they mixed up my marks... in FR paper i ws dead SURE 2 get ATLEAST 60 marks coz i attempted correct solutions... BUT i got 38 marks... too frustrated.. now even my parents r losing patience n hv started criticising me 4 not putting in efforts.. who knows better than me how many efforts i hav put in.. we students know very well how we did in our exams.. we always know if we did good or bad.. but when u r sure 2 pass and not only u fail, but fail MISERABLY, then it hurts...it was my 5th attempt in CA Final.. now we CA students dont know any other job or work.. we hv spent so many years in CA.. we cant leave it at this stage.. nor ICAI allows us 2 proceed.. what 2 do??

1 Like

Replied 09 August 2014

Originally posted by : chandan bhatia
Dear All..with due respect to our profession. I just want you guys to share your experiences here at this thread..who all think agrieved just like me.

/forum/details.asp?mod_id=301407&offset=1#.U-UYsPmSx14

Please raise your voices otherwise making hit & trials does nt suit. Hon'ble PM Shri Narendra Modi also said at WIRC CA convention that untill unless you will speak up. How your voice will reach and make others note of it.

Look at unity of CSAT students. We should learn please speak and share experience at this thread!! pls pls do waste time and show CA students skill now...its really high time for us.

exactly... but then ppl say we chose CA profession on our own and we cant blame anyone... but surely we need 2 UNITE and send Letters 2 PM and HRD minister Smriti Irani... our precious time of lives is getting destroyed by ICAI...

Replied 09 August 2014

Originally posted by : Gajendra Saini
Hello dear all,

some of you has decided to leave out from CA course and other are thinking to speak up their voice to change the Regulation clause which relating to Moderation or say scaling. My frnds put pressure on your mind and thin if all of you or say most of you get clear their cA exam then the volume of member would be increase tremendously. On another side, the economic conditions and growth are not appropriate to provide vacancy as require by all pass out candidates. What happed then? All of you or most of you would not get the job or if you get the job then it will at you sacrifised remuneration.

Therefore, appeal to you, consuntrate on you study and dont interfere the work of council.

this is BIZARRE my dear frnd.. this is not the way 2 control demand supply by failing genuinely passing students.. if ICAI is so bothered abot more CAs getting jobless or economic situation, then they must STOP futher admissions 4 such time as they think fit.. but they have NO RIGHT 2 play with student's careers... STOP FURTHER admissions till the economy is good again.. but dont get into this sh*t ICAI...

(Guest)

Dear friends how to get paper copy

give a exam may 14  i  confident about law getting marks atleast 70+ and i have got marks  28 how it is possible i have write every section and case law also every provision of act how is it possible

(Guest)

Pls who all are agrieved share your experiences here at this link,,thanks!

/forum/details.asp?mod_id=301407&offset=7#.U-XkjfmSx14

(Guest)

@ Sathish @ Gajendra @ CA.Mayur

With due respect to your suggestions...really good one's

1) Economy - You says economy should be maintain right. What about those students who even dont know whether they will be giving their other attempt or not. Because they have to serve their families as well. 

Ok so by saying this you accept in your own words that hard work doesnt work here. What kind of trap is this.

2) Speaking out of anger - When you make this statement you have already assumed it that we are not in our senses. Every body here is victim / agrieved and want to speak against unfair. But when you make this statement it clearly shows view point of larger part of society who look at failures from strange point of view..

Please let us speak...its our polite request ...at least let others share their experience...by this at least they will lesser burden in their heads..they want to speak ..they want to share..and pls let them do that...

2 Like

abhishek agarwal (BRANCH CREDIT MANAGER) (796 Points)
Replied 09 August 2014

Originally posted by : chandan bhatia
Pls who all are agrieved share your experiences here at this link,,thanks!

/forum/details.asp?mod_id=301407&offset=7#.U-XkjfmSx14

give me e-mail address or hyperlink for pmo office on which u had sent ur grievance.

ashish agarwal (article clerk) (53 Points)
Replied 09 August 2014

my life is ruined as well as spoiled as i m failed again...this is my 9th attempt and not a single grp nor a single paper cleared.........my first grp total is 185 and 2nd grp total 136......6 yrs i had wasted from the time of intermediate 2008 .........my tears won,t stop but my lif stop at here..............i can,t express my feeling in words but seriously i wanna die

(Guest)

link - https://pmindia.gov.in/en/interact-with-honble-pm/

pls ask other your connections who are agreived to connect with our thread (Protect against ICAI ) & also write to PMO ..100s of students have already...

abhishek agarwal (BRANCH CREDIT MANAGER) (796 Points)
Replied 09 August 2014

I want to share a small journey with u all. This is not any kind of protest against institute or any sort of grudge because firstly I don’t have courage left for any further battle and secondly at this stage all I am left with is loneliness and sadness.

I am from lucknow. I got admission in this (so called coveted) Chartered accountancy course in 2005 i.e just after clearing my 12th standard. I appeared for my PE-1 Exams in may 2006 and got following-

Accounts- 61

Mathematics and statistics- 47

Economics-47

Business communication and management- 37

GRAND TOTAL- 192

First time in life at that stage I tasted failure. I felt miserable…everything was like how could I fail…what could go wrong…etc etc. My other friends got cleared.

But then I stood firm and tried again in Nov 2006 and I got following-

Accounts- 69

Mathematics and statistics- 65

Economics-52

Business communication and management- 55

GRAND TOTAL- 241

I was happy finally as I had cleared C.A foundation. Everybody was happy including my parents, friends etc. Further I was alongside enrolled for my graduation stuff. I had entered PCC, attempt was due in Nov 2008, side by side I was doing my articleship. My life was going normally. I had joined coachings for costing and accounts subjects out of which accounts one went in vain( as the teacher was crap).

In march 2008 I suffered an accident. This incident led me to bed rest for more than 1.5 months and led me to mental setback for a prolonged period.

My taxation and accounts (two core subjects) coachings were still pending and exam time was approaching. But somehow I gathered courage again and joined them in may 2008 and started preparing for other subjects concurrently.

Exam time came and I wrote them with bit of anxiety, fear and trauma …etc etc whatever u can say. In all I experienced first time Real pressure and fear of C.A exams. Finally Results came-

Advanced accounting- 45

Auditing and assurance- 61

Law ethics and communication- 60

GRAND TOTAL- 166

Cost accounting and F.M- 46

Taxation- 58

Information technology and S.M- 51

GRAND TOTAL-155

Shayad as far as I remember I was the happiest man in world at that day. I cleared both groups in first attempt. Everyone was overjoyed. Next big dream destination was DELHI as back then in lucknow not very good options were available and moreover satellite classes were not much in trend. So finally I moved to DELHI in Oct 2009.

I was lucky to get admission in Dippak Gupta classes for IDT, Sanjay sir classes for COST, and Makkar sir classes for MAFA. Later on I also took fastrack refresher course for AUDIT by Surbhi mam and Law by Deepak Gajrani Sir, although more or less both were in vain. I didn’t got myself enrolled for Accounts classes by Parveen Sharma sir and Dt classes the reasons primarily for doing so as already 3 core subjects were in progress and there was no time left for even basic activities sometimes. The schedule was super hectic for all 7 days.

Batches were in progress and there were some very beautiful moments of my life in DELHI.

Batches were about to finish around March 2010, already 6 months were about to over and some where or other leaving delhi I had thoughts in my mind that too much expenses were borne on me and I had to make it worthy.

After coming back again to Lucknow I started preparing for both groups and committed my first mistake of studying accounts and taxation subjects by myself. I thought I could do it myself and so I carried on.

In Nov 2010 I appeared for my first C.A final exams. I remember the energy quotient was so boosted at that point of time that I thought I would do it. But here starts the failure journey-

Financial reporting- 36

MAFA- 12

Advanced auditing-44

Laws-49

GRAND TOTAL-141

Costing -39

ISCA-44

DT-30

IDT-48

GRAND TOTAL- 161

I was pissed off with this failure and somewhere or other there was lack in preparation, approach and lack of proper coaching in accounts and DT sucjects.

While failures had occurred earlier also and I had managed myself to start up again but I this time I strictly didn’t knew what had happened. Again I appeared for May 2011-

Financial reporting- 39

MAFA- 43

Advanced auditing-56

Laws-47

GRAND TOTAL-185

Costing -33

ISCA- A

DT- A

IDT- A

GRAND TOTAL- 33

Yes this time I had skipped group 2 as during examinations I was so tensed I could’nt even gather courage to attempt rest of papers. Meanwhile the marks of first group were clearly evidencing that lack of coaching again had taken a toll on me. I still don’t know why I didn’t go for Parveen Sharma satellite classes in lko while at the same time my other fellows took classes and were successfully clearing groups.

Again Nov 2011 but this time with better approach and preparation I appeared and got following-

Financial reporting- 36

MAFA- 37

Advanced auditing-53

Laws-35

GRAND TOTAL-161

Costing -35

ISCA- 39

DT- 46

IDT- 50

GRAND TOTAL- 170

Life was sort of hell of me at this period. With increasing attempts and age and seeing my fellow, friends and juniors moving at fast pace made me jealous. My past haunted me. I hated myself. But C.A is C.A – the beauty of the course lies in u cant leave this course easily and yet u hate it every single second.

May 2012- I appeared again but prepared only for first group opting for safe approach but this time armoured myself with Sharma sir coaching guidance and to my wonder I got-

Financial reporting- 63

MAFA- 48

Advanced auditing-60

Laws-62

GRAND TOTAL-233

Costing -23

ISCA- 33

DT- 25

IDT- 25

GRAND TOTAL- 106

I cleared first group with good numbers and was shocked myself. While on one hand I was happy, God was busy preparing a tough chapter for me. Forgot to tell u all I had also enrolled for C.S in 2009 the executive program of which I cleared in 2012.

I don’t know why it happened with me but it did. 33 marks extra wasted. Had I prepared for second group a bit I would have cleared both.

Rest attempts are as follows- (Nov 2012)

Costing -44

ISCA-40

DT- 47

IDT- 46

GRAND TOTAL- 177

(May 2013)

Costing -34

ISCA-34

DT- 33

IDT- 48

GRAND TOTAL- 149

(November 2013)

Costing -50

ISCA-32

DT- 50

IDT- 36

GRAND TOTAL- 168

(June 2014)

Costing -53

ISCA-41

DT- 45

IDT- 36

GRAND TOTAL- 175

Guys barring May 2013 all attempts I had prepared seriously for group 2 and that due to personal reasons. I had always tried to learn from my past mistakes and tried to do well but everytime something or other goes wrong. Earlier in costing I was not able to complete my 20-25 marks paper. I worked hard on it and from past 2 results it has improved but on other hand DT and IDT are constantly playing games with me. These are the subjects I love most but I couldn’t improve my marks.

This time is worst I was expecting 40-41 in DT and atleast 48-49 in IDT and what happens is converse. In ISCA also I was expecting 50 atleast.

When I look back I seriously regret whether it was correct to join C.A and then I realize what was wrong not to join anything else and put my life and career to stake at ICAI. They have unlimited powers to do anything. I was a average student and was not academically very bright. But after entering and clearing my Foundation and PCC exams I thought I was worth something. I couldn’t concentrate much on my C.S exams also due to C.A and uptil now only module-3 has cleared at final level. This attempt (june2014) was also wasted due to clashing of both exams and I had to sacrifice C.S. exams.

But now friends I have realized I am a very dumb candidate and should not have joined this prestigious and academically brilliant course. Even clearing Foundation, PCC and group-1 seem to be just my sheer luck or whatever; strictly I don’t feel deserving for it. There are people around me who say and claim they had studied subjects like DT and IDT from practice manuals and cleared groups successfully. Here I was at mistake, I couldn’t read from them as they seemed to me guides or something like that, I had habit of reading from Text books and material but that doesn’t seem enough to our institute. Sadly I was at blunder. It was just I have reached this level so sometimes I thought I can do it but then my past doesn’t allows me now. I should had opted for some kind of normal course like M.B.A or bank IBPS or LLB. Past 6 months was busy finding job but here also I faced tough time. Employers were ready to entertain B.com candidate with 2 or 3 years workex but no C.A (inter) and that too for a 10000/- bucks.

I again cursed myself for joining the league of extraordinary gentleman. Had I done B.com and had chosen academically simple paths I would had been at better position. But now how can I complain ICAI as joining C.A was my decision so the consequences are also in my kitty.

I didn’t wanted much, just wanted to lead a normal life. But life is no more normal for rest of my life I GUESS.

sujay pansare (article) (25 Points)
Replied 09 August 2014

I got 173... i think now d std set by inst is very high... & we have to analyse & stdy as per that std to cope up with that.... we hv to chng the technique we had use in d past... Quit is not d option dost....

M. N. JHA (CA) (8316 Points)
Replied 09 August 2014

ISCA  IS CA

Originally posted by : jaideep malik
It was 8th attempt just bcoz of isca could not clear my second group since 2012 nov ....

Anoop (CA Final) (330 Points)
Replied 09 August 2014

Originally posted by : M. N. JHA
ISCA  IS CA

mr. jha what rubbish is this...isca is not ca...they never ask any practical / relevent questions, simply want the students to mug up and vomit it all  in the exam...where the hell is students logic tested..?? i obtained my certified copy of an attempt...it was shocking to see the correction...simply crossed all over whats written...seems like they have no patience to read it all or see whether the student has written the concept...if it doesnt matches with their key, then does that mean what the student has written is all rubbish..?? and look at the marks they are awarding to students...12, 13, 15, 18...what is this..kind of ** joke?? ...one more thing...from your entire isca syllabus, how much a normal CA employee or a practising CA uses it..how good is the study material to make the student grasp the whole concept...majority of the students are neither from metros nor they handle big audit exposure...so isca is NEVER CA.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: