Easy Office
LCI Learning

CS Executive: Exam Preparation Tips for GCL_Group-I

Page no : 2

rohit (CA Finalist) (480 Points)
Replied 09 July 2010

Thanx a lot Ankur Sir...pls give some suggestions/tips for CS professional prog also..

Regards

Amit Nawani (Learner) (167 Points)
Replied 09 July 2010

Thanks a lot ankur sir...fantastic post...and valuable points...

RAMESH KUMAR VERMA ( CS PURSUING ) (43843 Points)
Replied 12 July 2010

ALAS, THIS ARTICLE I WRITE.

THANKS ANKUR JI , FOR YOUR VALUABLE ARTICLE AND

YOUR CO-OPEATION WILL BE REMEMBER EVERY6 MEMBER OF THIS CLUB.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS .

RAMESH VERMA

chetan Loknathka (student) (102 Points)
Replied 12 July 2010

thank you sir

Vishal (CA Student) (218 Points)
Replied 12 July 2010

Dear Ankur Sir,

Thanks for ur valuable write up about the subject. Gives an overall view of how to handle the subject for those who are confused as to where to start? Started following... Already half up with Constitution of India chapter...  I completely stress on ur point " Have various mindset for each topic differently" This will help us to enjoy what we r studying... Wish u post such article for other subjests also... especially taht big one "Corporate Law"

srinivasamurthy (article clerk) (35 Points)
Replied 02 December 2010

Originally posted by : Ankur Garg
thank you ankur sir for your valuable suggestions

CS Executive: Exam Preparation Tips for GCL_Group-I

Dear Friends,

I would like to dedicate this brief write up to the CS Executive students which is about how to perform well and score in the General and Commercial Law (GCL) subject of CS Executive course.

First we have to understand that General and Commercial Law (GCL) is a very scoring subject compare to the other subjects of CS, provided we know the exam pattern. If you use your working knowledge of General and Commercial Law (GCL) Acts which you have gained from ICSI study material with good writing skills than you can score around 70  marks in General and Commercial Law (GCL) which is very good to ensure more than 50 % aggregate marks.

Kindly note – only working knowledge is enough in General and Commercial Law (GCL) with certain other facts. Reason being the acts which are there in the General and Commercial Law (GCL) Course have no such application in your professional working if you are working purely as a Company Secretary.

ROLE OR USE OF PREVIOUS YEARS’ ICSI GUIDELINES ANSWERS

General and Commercial Law (GCL) is a practical (theory based and not numerical based) paper which needs a good presentation skills. As per my suggestion use ICSI guidelines for previous 5 years to understand the method of solving practical queries. One more thing these practical queries takes very little time in exam provided you are well aware of the technique to deal with them. This is a very important point for time saving.

ROLE OF SCANNER IN GCL PREPARATION

Another important fact is that the ICSI repeatedly asked the same practical queries so in this way completion of scanner is very very important in General and Commercial Law (GCL). Use Scanner from the very beginning. It helps you to recognize which chapter is to be given preference. Prepare a list of Chapter wise frequently asked questions from the Scanner and prepare them properly.

Another useful aspect of practical queries is that sometimes they also help you to understand the theory written in study material. In other words you may use the practical queries as an example to understand the theory written in study material. Isa kehta hain ek teer do shikar. I am sure that this suggestion would be of some help.

Regarding chapters I’d like to say that start your preparation from the small chapters (page number wise). Refer the scanner at the same time to understand the scheme and importance of chapter. As per my understanding main advantage of starting with short chapters is that this trick will help you to settle your mind with technical and legal language of General and Commercial Law (GCL).   

ROLE OF STUDY MATERIAL

In General and Commercial Law (GCL) you have to deal with objective questions which requires through knowledge of the subject. So keeping in view this requirement we may conclude that importance of study material cannot be denied. To deal with objective or multiple choice questions true knowledge of topic is must and which can be achieved by referring to the study material.

Treat the chapters of Cr. P.C. and C.P.C. as most interesting and knowledgeable chapters as you are going to learn about the civil and criminal law of the country. Attach a different attitude with different chapters as it’ll help you to develop an interest towards the chapter.

Make special notes for the chapter constitution of India and grab this chapter fully as this one is the most important one. Discuss some technical chapters like Indian Evidence Act with your friend for better understanding. For conventional list of important chapters use Scanner.

FEW GENERAL TIPS TO DEAL WITH GCL PRESENTATION

1. In practical problems never start your answer with Yes or No unless you are 100% sure. First mention the relevant provision and show/prove through your answer how you draw the conclusion.

One more thing if by chance you are familiar with the question (previously asked in exam) or you know the answer then start your answer with Yes or No with full confidence and prove the same with the help of analysis of provision.

2. Try and always mention the relevant section along with the provision. However, if you are not sure then avoid it.

3. Always use case laws in the exam. Prepare a special case law file especially for the preparation of the chapter constitution of India. Learn all the case laws given in this chapter.

4. During your preparation try and study everything. Everything here means each and every topic. The basic idea behind this point is that you must have something relevant to write about the given topic.

5. Try and make an effort to complete your paper 100%. In other words attempt full paper of 100 marks. You may cut the length of your answer in the end as per the availability of time.

For my ATLAS STUDY METHOD and other tips you are requested to refer my Exam Tips available at the link mentioned below:

Click this link:            ALL MY EXAM TIPS AT ONE PLACE

Disclaimer:  The content and every thought used in this article is based on my personal observation and understanding. This Article is completely my work and not copied from anywhere.

Hope this Article would be off some help during your professional journey. Awaiting your kind responses on the above mentioned points. Please share your views along with your valuable comments/suggestions/guidance.

Wish you all the Best

Best Regards

Ankur Garg

Priyanka Somani (Student-CA IPCC) (22 Points)
Replied 25 February 2011

Any 1 pls tell me, can i appear for CS executive exam 1st group??? as  i hv nt appeared 4 computer training exam.

kousalya (cs student) (181 Points)
Replied 15 March 2011

Thanks a lot sir..it  s really helpful

Vishal Jain (Accountant) (21 Points)
Replied 08 April 2011

Hello

Rahul Sir

Plz send important notes regarding GCL on our email id vishuamb17 @ yahoo.com

with regards

Vishal Jain

Monty Singh (ARTICALS) (24 Points)
Replied 29 May 2012

SIR Plz saggest books for cs executive in hindi version......????

Sudipta Deb (CS Student ) (23 Points)
Replied 14 July 2012

THANKS SIR, ITS HELP IN MY PREPARATION OF EXAM

homi (no) (38 Points)
Replied 24 July 2013

Dear Sir,

Please advice.

what is suitable / best coaching -

1. Oral Tution   -   at Chapter /  other Institute
  2. Postal Tution 
  3. Online elearing  ( GOL )
  4. Is it good to puruse oral / postal  for executive level module I & II

with best regards

Shruthi (ipcc) (496 Points)
Replied 27 August 2013

Thank you :) that was helpful. Which scanner do i need for group-1 cs executive....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: