Capital gain tax on resedential property sale

Hi,

Please guide on Capital Gain Tax.

My Father purchased a property in 1968, After my father demise I sold the property on 3rd June, 2018 worth rupees 1.2 CR. The said amount I kept in Fixed Deposit for the period of 9 months. My two questions are :1. Please guide what is the time limit (period) to open Capital Gain Tax Account.

2. As I kept sold amount in Saving Bank Account and Fixed Deposit, Do I need to pay Tax for these 9 months. 

3. Please also suggest If now I open the Capital Gain Account, Do I need to deposit the interest of 9 months as well

Thanks

Replies (1)

1  Before filing return of AY 2019-20

2. No.

3. No.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details