Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B.com better than ca

(Guest)

Dear Caclub Member,

I think the value of CA has became worst than B.Com since one of my friend who cleared B.com in 2007 from NM is working in JP Morgan at a pay higher then my neighbour who cleared CA 2 years back and the funny thing is that both were together in B.Com in 2007??????????????

Thinking whether to do CA or go for CFA since I have just register for CA????????

2 Like
avater

C.A.M.S.ROY (C. A.)     23 January 2013

C.A.M.S.ROY
C. A. 
 59 likes  473 points

View Profile | My Other Post

hi sapana, you should go for CFA, THERE IS A GOLDEN CARREAR OPPORTUNITY AFTER CFA

avater

Jag Bhushan Sharma (Faculty in a B-School)     23 January 2013

Jag Bhushan Sharma
Faculty in a B-School 
 61 likes  623 points

Definitely CA is better than B.Com.  But one thing I would like to tell you is that people get salaries partly according to their qualifications and partly (rather bigger share) according to their abilities.  I have seen so many people who despite good qualifications don't go much higher in life due to many reasons like lack of application of proper knowledge, lack of initiative and slackness.  So my advice is that you should definitely go for CA.

I am attaching here a link of youtube where I have uploaded some videos on ACCOUNTS.  You may watch them and please give me feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

5 Like
avater

ashutosh bhardwaj (Law)     23 January 2013

ashutosh bhardwaj
Law 
 43 points

Dear Sapna ,

I think the case u are telling must be because of Experience difference.

Professsional degrees always pay u better than simple B.com , but experience & knowledge counts first,

so do't get confuse ,

best of luck join & complete if u are willing to do it as :-

do wahtever u want to do ......................................

(Guest)

Thanks Mr.Maya Shankar Roy, Mr. Jag Bhushan Sharma and Mr. Ashutosh bhardwaj I am confused since my neighbour and my B.Com friend both are good communication wise and personality wise but the B.Com person has around 5 years plus experience and the CA has around 2 years experience..... So is it worth doing CA and articleship and even after that Industry don't accept all CA's while CFA are accepted in Industry????

Back in the Game (a)     23 January 2013

Back in the Game
a 
 161 likes  1263 points

Whats the pay they both are getting?and kindly mention their job profiles

(Guest)

B.Com Friend is in Finance Department( Don't know the complete job profile) and the CA is doing Audit and Tax related work. The B.Com salary is around 8 lacs and the CA is hardly getting 3 lacs :(

avater

Rita Bansal (Senior Audit I/c)     23 January 2013

Rita Bansal
Senior Audit I/c 
 7 likes  98 points

Ms Sapna Either you are trying to tell something which is Biased or You are totally misunderstood those two whom you are referring. As in Your Post itself you only have said that Those two were togather in Bcom ( In NM ) So comfortably it can be said that Both are Bcom from same Institution & Both have same abilities of Bcom Student. Now One of them Your Neibour has done CA so he has additional degree then Simple that person is either lacking in his working skills or is just Book knowledge person, or you are wrong. Both Bcom & one of them BCom CA so Now you have to say more on this

(Guest)

Originally posted by : Rahul B

Ms Sapna Either you are trying to tell something which is Biased or You are totally misunderstood those two whom you are referring. As in Your Post itself you only have said that Those two were togather in Bcom ( In NM ) So comfortably it can be said that Both are Bcom from same Institution & Both have same abilities of Bcom Student. Now One of them Your Neibour has done CA so he has additional degree then Simple that person is either lacking in his working skills or is just Book knowledge person, or you are wrong. Both Bcom & one of them BCom CA so Now you have to say more on this

Mr. Rahul the B.Com has 5 years plus experience in JP Morgan and the CA has 2 years of experience in CA Firm..... the articleship exeprience is not counted..........

avater

Geetika (Assistant)     23 January 2013

Geetika
Assistant 
 24 likes  161 points

Aaaaaa........That it,  so You Put all factors on a Uniform Platform & See after 5 Yrs CA will have more salary than a Bcom. ( This is the Point you missed in your Post Mam) Rightly pointed by Mr Rahul

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register