Easy Office

B.com better than ca

Page no : 4

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Vieshesh Garg

Originally posted by : Sapna Sharma

If u do articleship from a gud company it really counts.....

Although ur performance in selection process matters a lot but u will definately hold an edge over others if u hv articleship from a gud comapny

But if a person join say Big 4 and fails in his exam than???? since the work culture of Big 4 that my friends says is around 15-16 hours??? where to find time to study/classes?? If we join Big 4 and not able to clear what is the use....... also ICAI sets maximum work time for article does Big 4 follow them and to say that person incharge at ICAI don't know the work culture of Big 4 is not correct....... ICAI don't act againt Big 4 like Indian government don't act against Big Business and politicians????

i am not saying to do articleship from big four but do from gud firms....

Also i would like to say there are people who do articleship from big four, pass ca, and earn high paypack as well....

so if u wanna compare that 8 lack b.com guy with ur ca friend then u should also compare him with those ca earning highr than him.

i am not arguing but simply putting my point, hope u dont find my language rude.

I just compared my friend and my neighbour and both were at par till HSC so I am not comparing a very  intelligent B.Com with failure CA. I am comparing a normal B.Com student with normal CA (can't compare with rankers). If normally CA  earns 2.5 lacs to 3 lacs than B.Com of same age earns more at that point of time may be different in future but results has to be stable to maintain CA's value.

R..P (student) (51 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

hey sapna i think it depends person to person ...........nothing  comes with warranty letter if you are hardworking than evan a bcom student can be better than a ca and CA is far away from BCOM ...

Its not only a two letter word

(Guest)
Originally posted by : rahul pasricha

hey sapna i think it depends person to person ...........nothing  comes with warranty letter if you are hardworking than evan a bcom student can be better than a ca and CA is far away from BCOM ...

Its not only a two letter word

Ya it depends on person to person but if CA works much much hard than B.com they should be paid accordingly. 3 years of article is very high which is not even counted and also there is huge deviation in the results that might affect the salary slab of Fresh CA.

Santhosh Sen (Articled Assistant) (28 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

Hey Sapna,

You can never compare CA with B.Com... B.com is a academic degree... CA is a proffessional course... Even if in the future there is no vacancy for a single CA, every CA have the opportunity to practice... The signature of CA is one of the most respected authority in India...

There are exceptions in every comparison... Even I have seen CA's working for 3-4 L salary... But that doesnt mean everyone is paid so low... The avenues for growth for a CA is humongous... 

But I think you have a point... Though CA institute has incorporated management subjects and courses in the syllabus, I think its inadequate... Only those who get to work directly with CA's get to learn the art of management... Others dont get it... This puts CA's in a situation where they are strong and leading all others technically but lagging in management skills... The institute should bring in management skills to lead the MBA's (the management masters) in their own avenue too... 

KARTIK (JOB) (240 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

WHAT I FEEL IS WITH THESE TYPE OF RESULTS VALUE AND SALARY OF CA IS GOING TO COME DOWN FURTHER.
AT PRESENT THERE IS LOT OF COMPETITION IN THE MARKET AS A RESULT OF HIGH RESULTS.
PREVIOUSLY RESULTS WERE CONTROLLED
NOW NO CONTROL

Vieshesh Garg (Student ca final) (84 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

How can u say that ur ca friend worked harder than B.com one....??

If a b.com student is earning 8.5 lakh..then certainly he is not ordinary...

i know ur point is 3 years exp. should be included in setting paypack

But i guess ur learning during these 3 years is considered as one of factors of ur salary and ur learning depends on the kind of firm u hv worked in.

i would also like to know if ur ca friend must be a just passed student. 

ritesh (CA) (106 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

hello, nice topic to pitch in!!!

i totally agree with Sapna's Point and would like to further add that not only the 3 years period is not counted but again say after completion of the article from a mid or small sized firm one tries for job at any other medium sized firm, we are again only as good as any other article who is still to complete articleship coz the proprietor or partner is of the opinion that "the way of work is different here hence i will need to invest time in you to make you learn our ways" !!!!

(Guest)

I guess sapna is in search of success in short cut......way............

1 Like

(Guest)

How can u say that ur ca friend worked harder than B.com one....??

If a b.com student is earning 8.5 lakh..then certainly he is not ordinary...

i know ur point is 3 years exp. should be included in setting paypack

But i guess ur learning during these 3 years is considered as one of factors of ur salary and ur learning depends on the kind of firm u hv worked in.

i would also like to know if ur ca friend must be a just passed student. 

I mean that CA study and do articleship but B.com now a days are earning more since our articleship is not counted as experience by industry.

Harish (CA Student) (568 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

Earning money it's an essence one in any one's Professional Life but that should not be the only aspect. If B.com passed candidate is earning more than a Qualified CA that does not mean CA Profession has lost it's value. Everytime we have to value the Profession or qualification based on the work performed by professionals and not on the basis of earning money. Without B.com qualification, one can earn huge amount of money.

Qualified Professionals will always perform tasks in a different manner where it cannot be performed by Academic candidates.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : A.S.P

I guess sapna is in search of success in short cut......way............

I never said I want success in shortcut way but CA does more hardwork than B.Com so they should get pay according to their hardwork.

Replied 24 January 2013

There are many guyz and gals who study in same college.....do all of them get same package...ofcourse not

If ur ca friend was unsatisfied then he could have easily changed his firm but hr did not coz he knew that his worth is only that much.

Besides are they working in same firm...??

if not then also there can be difference in paypack...

what i mean to say is there are many things involved in setting the packpack and you can't solely judge that he is ca and hence he should get more.

R..P (student) (51 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

yeah..................if our articleship will be counted as expreince than ..........might be we get a good package from the very begining 

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Harish

Earning money it's an essence one in any one's Professional Life but that should not be the only aspect. If B.com passed candidate is earning more than a Qualified CA that does not mean CA Profession has lost it's value. Everytime we have to value the Profession or qualification based on the work performed by professionals and not on the basis of earning money. Without B.com qualification, one can earn huge amount of money.

Qualified Professionals will always perform tasks in a different manner where it cannot be performed by Academic candidates.

Ya but I am not comparing B.Com and Ca of same age and if B.Com gets more than CA in Service (Not Business) than something is not going correct in CA profession since B.Com is normal degree and CA a professional course.

Replied 24 January 2013

There are many businessman who have not even seen school in their lives but do earn huge amt of money and much more than an average ca.

it depends on ur personality, ur attitude, ur eagerness to learn, ur love to profession etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: