Easy Office

B.com better than ca

Page no : 3

(Guest)

Value of CA has come down over the years...........like the value of our rupees...................

Articleship shoudl be reduced to 1.5 years unlike 3/3.5 years.....

More practical and industry oriented subject should be introduced........

becasue nowdays many economically backward students also manage to pass CA course ...becasue of its correspondence nature of course.....

And finally they left with only bookish knowledge..........which is not so much relevant in corporate world...

Days are not far........CA degree will become a noraml ordinary degree......

2 Like

Vieshesh Garg (Student ca final) (84 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

I think everyone gets packages according to his/her abilities and qualification.

There are ca's working at Rs 20,000 p.m.

and then, there are one's working at more than a lakh......

Even if u do CFA u will have to show ur worth

Getting a degree doesn't assure u of a success.......

Darshan (-) (37 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

A mine is only as good as a minner.Its Not what is better,B.Com,CA,CFA,its mostly about what you like most and what you think can contribute towatrds your success.you will even find ppl who are not even graduates and earning many folds better thn a CA,Thats doesnt inforiate CA.I am an IPCC student done graduation and personal feel that while graduation gave me bucketfull of knowledge and CA is infinite ocean,

(Guest)
Originally posted by : The Redemption

Sapna.

ill sum it up this ways,u need one professional Qualification to enter the corporate world.

After that it really doesnt matter...

your abilities will matter after that not any qualification.

So if one is unable and has a CA qualification ,he can never prosper in life.

May be it depends on persons ability but my other questions are

1 Whehter 3 years of articleship is more also some do dummy others join small size firm to clear in 1st attempt and after all that industry don't count our articleship.

2 Why is the deviation in CA Final results ranging from 5% to 25% ie. 5 times

Replied 24 January 2013

If u do articleship from a gud company it really counts.....

Although ur performance in selection process matters a lot but u will definately hold an edge over others if u hv articleship from a gud comapny

Jag Bhushan Sharma (Faculty in a B-School) (633 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

If you do articleship on good firms, you land up good jobs because there you learn a lot of practical work under very able CAs. Secondly, you must have other qualities like initiative, communication skills and dedication to rise in life. Qualification alone cannot take you much far in life. I am attaching here a link of youtube where I have uploaded some videos on ACCOUNTS. You may watch them and please give me feedback. https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

Jinay (Article) (172 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

Hi Sapna,

Its the ability that counts and always look towards the future. If you think, you can do a simple B.Com and do some good business and earn as much as your friends around 8 lacs from now on then go for it.

But do remember that knowledge is the only key that opens up many doors. CA course gives you a lot of knowledge in itself, now its upon you that how you are able to take it ahead.

Everything you study will be a fodder for your success but its upon you how you digest it and implement it towards your future.

All the best.

Best Regards,

Jinay

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Vieshesh Garg

Although ur performance in selection process matters a lot but u will definately hold an edge over others if u hv articleship from a gud comapny

But if a person join say Big 4 and fails in his exam than???? since the work culture of Big 4 that my friends says is around 15-16 hours??? where to find time to study/classes?? If we join Big 4 and not able to clear what is the use....... also ICAI sets maximum work time for article does Big 4 follow them and to say that person incharge at ICAI don't know the work culture of Big 4 is not correct....... ICAI don't act againt Big 4 like Indian government don't act against Big Business and politicians????

Ravitej T (Associate) (96 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

Originally posted by : Sapna Sharma

But generally B.Com of similar age earn more or at par with CA of their age since they have 3 years more experience that CA student waste in articleship (since its not counted as experience)

Many Fresh B.com's realizing the lack of oppurtunity in higher level management give a break, to pursue professional courses like CA,CMA,CS,CFA...
and yes what you said is partially right, some qualified CA's(3 year articleship) may not be paid as equal to B.com(3 years experienced) guy's...but remember ..
B.com(without additional qualification's) = Short term Growth ,CA/CMA/CS/CFA = Long term growth..:-)

vidhi mehta (as) (32 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

Both are same... both having no values.. many people dis days are becomming CA easily like Bcom and Market knows that... 15% result to too much.. opt another things.. CA and Bcom both are job less dis days...

mukeshm (Finance ,MIS) (223 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

No I am not comparing CA vs CFA.... I compared B.Com vs CA..... and whether 3 years of articleship is too high since most people do dummy or join small size firm which is not useful to them and not recognised in Industry. Also the deviation in CA Final results is too high from 5% to 25% or more without any valid reason for such a deviation almost 5 times??????

There is nO comparasion for B.com Vs CA ...if person is only B.com thn if he has Work Experiance say around 7-10 years or more than that thn it count for getting Better prospects as compared to CA

as regards 03 Years of articleship _ doing dummy or undergoing practical training is differ from individual to individual ..its manadatory by ICAI

As regards Result deviation no one can control this as % of students doing Ca goes increasing .... Its nt easy even if someone has given his best ..its 90% hardwork + 10% luck ...tht 10 % is something which no one can predict ...

(Guest)
Originally posted by : mukeshm

No I am not comparing CA vs CFA.... I compared B.Com vs CA..... and whether 3 years of articleship is too high since most people do dummy or join small size firm which is not useful to them and not recognised in Industry. Also the deviation in CA Final results is too high from 5% to 25% or more without any valid reason for such a deviation almost 5 times??????

There is nO comparasion for B.com Vs CA ...if person is only B.com thn if he has Work Experiance say around 7-10 years or more than that thn it count for getting Better prospects as compared to CA

as regards 03 Years of articleship _ doing dummy or undergoing practical training is differ from individual to individual ..its manadatory by ICAI

As regards Result deviation no one can control this as % of students doing Ca goes increasing .... Its nt easy even if someone has given his best ..its 90% hardwork + 10% luck ...tht 10 % is something which no one can predict ...

But the CA and the B.Com both are of same age and B.Com has 3 years more experience since articleship is not counted. Also the difference from 5% to 25% CA Final passing percentage to too much almost 5 times. Even in top MBA institute the demand is high but they have maintained standard results hence the get paid very high.

abhishekpandey (ca final and cs inter) (115 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

its not ca or cfa that is best degree !!

it is what u actually make out of that degree.!!

billgates did not completed his collg and is most richest man on earth......by that u must stop any cources!!!

CA Ganesh Kumar Das (Chartered Accountant) (38 Points)
Replied 24 January 2013

hi Sapna,

CFA is better than CA.  i agree with you that today b.com person earning is more than CA. my 12th class Student earn same as CA & completed B.com.  today  no job in market for CA, if available salry range 22-25 k in rare case . mostly friend comleted CA in first attempt but no job . in my gurgaow exepereince no company want to appoint CA , they prefer B.com. in SS kothari salary range started from 12 k 

only one thing is differnt from B.com is Knowledge  

Replied 24 January 2013

Originally posted by : Vieshesh Garg

But if a person join say Big 4 and fails in his exam than???? since the work culture of Big 4 that my friends says is around 15-16 hours??? where to find time to study/classes?? If we join Big 4 and not able to clear what is the use....... also ICAI sets maximum work time for article does Big 4 follow them and to say that person incharge at ICAI don't know the work culture of Big 4 is not correct....... ICAI don't act againt Big 4 like Indian government don't act against Big Business and politicians????

i am not saying to do articleship from big four but do from gud firms....

Also i would like to say there are people who do articleship from big four, pass ca, and earn high paypack as well....

so if u wanna compare that 8 lack b.com guy with ur ca friend then u should also compare him with those ca earning highr than him.

i am not arguing but simply putting my point, hope u dont find my language rude.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: