Query about 26as

This query is : Resolved 

24 April 2013

Dear all,

I have change my name and address in PAN from Rimpi Jain to Rimpi Singhal in the month of JAN 13. But my PAN is same as before. I have not filed return last year. Before that, TDS was deducted from my previous employers in the name of Rimpi Jain. When I go to income tax site to see my form 26AS of previous years, there message is PAN is not in data base, Plz contact bank to correct set up of PAN. Nothing is shown. But my PAN is active. What to do. Plz suggest.

24 April 2013

1. You have still not changed your name in your CA Club Account.

2. Department is somewhat confused. You have changed your surname from Rimpi Jain to Rimpi Singhal. Name/Surname change takes place, generally when a female assessee gets married (or gets doubled), whereas you still want to show that you are "single".
Reply to your Query-
You can get inserted by re-applying.

Your application should be in the name of Rimpi Singhal and it should be through PAN Data Correction Form.
You need not to tick for changes as you are making this application for getting simply a PAN Card.
Department will realise its shortcomings and would initiate rectification procedure. or will revert back with reasons.

C A S.S.Agarwal, M.Com.,LL.B, (Expert)
19 May 2013

The TDS is not deducted in the name of the person but it is on the basis of PAN Number which is important so do not worry you can claim the TDS deducted from you does not matter what name you have changed

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Get Income Tax App    |    x