It's my pleasure to put recent GST updates with you here at this prominent plateform in simplied manner.
Recently the Central Board of Indirect Tax & Customs had extended the due dates for filling of Form GSTR-1 & GSTR-3B & Tran-1 vide Notification No. 43/2018, 44/2018, 45/2018, 46/2018, 47/2018 & 48/2018- Central tax dated 10th September, 2018.
The gist of these notifications are explained as hereunder:
(1) Taxpayer having turnover of up to 1.5 crore in the preceding financial year or the current financial year (Notification No.43/2018)
|Sr. No||Quarter for which details in FORM GSTR-1 are furnished||Time limit for furnishing the details in FORM GSTR-1|
|1||July- Sept, 2017||31st Oct, 2018|
|2||Oct- Dec, 2017||31st Oct, 2018|
|3||Jan-Mar, 2018||31st Oct, 2018|
|4||Apr- June, 2018||31st Oct, 2018|
|5||July- Sept, 2018||31st Oct, 2018|
|6||Oct- Dec, 2018||31st Jan, 2019|
|7||Jan-Mar, 2019||30th Apr, 2019|
Following registered taxpayers shall be furnished in FORM GSTR-1 for the quarter from July, 2018 to September, 2018 on or before the 15th of November, 2018 as hereunder:
- Persons registered in the State of Kerala;
- Whose principal place of business is in Kodagu district in the State of Karnataka;
- Whose principal place of business is in Mahe in the Union territory of Puducherry
Taxpayers who will now be migrating in GST as per the term specified in Notification No. 31/2018-Central Tax, dated 06.08.2018 , shall furnished the details for the quarters fromJuly, 2017 to September, 2018 in FORM GSTR-1 on or before the 31st December, 2018;
Time limits for filling of details of Inward supplies (GSTR-2) as per Sub-Sec (2) of Section 38 & Monthly return as per sub-sec (1) of Section 39 of the said Act; for the month of July. 2017 to Mar, 2019 shall subsequently notified in Official Gazette.
(2) Taxpayer having aggregate turnover of more than 1.5 crore rupees in the preceding financial year or the current financial year (Notification No.44/2018)
Taxpayer shall furnished the details in FORM GSTR-1 for the month of :
- July, 2017 to September, 2018 till the 31st October, 2018.
- October, 2018 to March, 2019 till the eleventh day of the succeeding month
(3) Taxpayer who have obtained GST No. as per the term specified in Notification No. 31/2018 - Central Tax, dated 06.08.2018, shall be furnished the details in the FORM GSTR-3B from July, 2017 to November, 2018 till 31st December, 2018.
(4) Due date extended for filling of GST TRAN-1 by 31st March, 2019 in respect of the taxpayers who could not submit the said declaration by the due date on account of technical difficulties on the common portal and in respect of whom the Council has made a recommendation for such extension.
(5) The registered persons filling the declaration in accordance with point no.(4) , may submit the statement in FORM GST TRAN-2 by 30th April, 2019.
Please share your valuable feedback and suggestions.
The author can also be reached at Kant123g@gmail.com