Failure in CA exams is not the end of the world. Motivation to study should come from yourself; but if you doubt your ability, commitment and determination to clear the exam - then not even the best faculty and best reference books can help you to clear.
Some common reasons why students fail to clear the exam are as follows:
• No proper planning and time management skills - A common attitude among students is that "lets fill up the exam form and try. May be we will clear it with luck". Prepare an effective study schedule - plan your subject, analyze the importance of each chapter. Don't waste your time on Whatsapp chats, Facebook, Instagram, etc. - especially during last 3 months before your exam. Proper utilization of time is extremely essential to succeed in the examination. Allocate sufficient time for revision. There is nothing in the world which can substitute a good revision plan. Unplanned studies take you nowhere in CA exam.
• Wrong selection of books - Though you are comfortable with the material provided by the coaching institute, do not ignore materials provided by ICAI. First study ICAI modules - Study Material, Practice Manual, Revision Test Papers, supplementary study materials and then you can refer any other material if you feel the requirement. But as far as I have observed, students don't even open ICAI materials but Google out for best reference materials and directly study from other books.
• Confusion regarding group - Most students get confused regarding whether they should appear for both groups or take one group at a time. It depends on your preparation and availability of time along with your capability to handle both groups at a shot. There is absolutely no point in discussing with friends or taking advice from others. Remember you and you only are the best judge.
• Engaged in other activities during preparation time - During last 4 months of exam, all the functions, birthdays, family get-together, pujas, marriages and every possible event on the earth occur! Remember all these events can be completed without your presence. You will have sufficient time post your exams to attend all these. Prioritize your events first - whether you want to clear CA exam or to attend all the functions during such crucial time!
• Tension and panic - Train your mind to see the positive side of the coin. It takes courage and deep strength to overcome the overwhelming feelings of frustrations when you fail an examination. You should help yourself by staying strong by neglecting all the negative feelings brought by the disappointments. If the mind is intensely eager, anything in the world can be accomplished at ease.
• Poor presentation skills - This is most important point. Rank-holders have scored well due to their correct writing skills. This is another main reason of failure in ICAI Exams. So work on your presentation skills from now onwards.
• Always start the answer in a fresh page.
• Read the question at least twice to be sure what exactly is asked.
• For practical subjects first present the answer and then write all the working notes. It is very important to write your assumptions properly.
• While writing ITSM, ISCA papers prepare charts and tables. It will definitely benefit you in scoring more.
While presenting case-law, follow below pattern:
- Provisions of the law: Write section number and case-law name only when you are 100% sure about it. Don't quote wrong names.
- Facts of the case
- Your Analysis
If you want to shine like Sun, then first burn like sun. Work hard for 4 months and enjoy next 40 years. Give your best efforts and you surely will come out with flying colors.