Chartered Accountancy as a career has always been said as a dignified profession where you can earn respect as well as a good amount of earnings. It is one of the most demanded professions in our country. Almost every company, irrespective of their size or the sector they operate in, need professionals like Chartered Accountants to handle their finances and accounts.
So, if we try finding an answer to the question that Whether A Chartered Accountant can apply for Government Jobs? - The answer is YES!!
All the Government Organizations require a professional accountant to manage their finances, handle accountability, conduct audit, keep check on corporate recovery or insolvency, etc.
Let us find out what are the specific roles a Chartered Accountant can expect in a Government Organisation -
- They can act as an Accountant who manages the data in the organization’s books of
- They can act as a General Manager in a Finance Department
- They can conduct audit of the government organization
- They can act a Finance Managers in the Government Banks
- They can act as an Assistant Administrative Officer
- They can be in charge of Loans and Advances in Government Banks
- They can act as Financial Analyst
- They can play their role as a professional in Credit Management Department
- They can act as tax expert
- They can act as specialist officer in Rural Regional Banks and Public Sector banks
- They can join the Internal Audit Department of Public Sector Undertakings
And many more ..
With this, we are very clear that CA’s position in Government Sector is of a High Rank and can be considered as one of the most needed jobs of all the times.
There are many public sector undertakings which provide ample of job opportunities for Chartered Accountants. List of some of the undertakings are -
- Gas Authority of India Ltd. (GAIL)
- Indian Railway Finance Corporation (IRFC)
- Export Import Bank of India
- Bharat Electronics Limited
- Metro Rail Corporation Ltd
- State Bank of India
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Bharat Electronics Limited
- Punjab National Bank
- NHPC Limited
- Coal India
and many more …
One more great option for Chartered Accountants is to appear for Civil Services Exams. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is a government domain where CAs can apply for different posts. Candidates for the position will have to complete an exam after which they will have to appear for face-to-face interviews and then they can take up positions directly under the central government. They can provide services in Indian Revenue service, Indian Audit and Account services Indian Administrative service or IPS etc.
Chartered Accountants can also apply for RBI Grade B or SEBI Grade A exams.
Many Government Sector positions are offered after a Chartered Accountant appears for their exams and clear it.
In Government Jobs, the Chartered Accountants are offered handsome salary packages along with various perks and allowances. They say that the competition is low in government jobs for Chartered Accountants as compared to private jobs. But one needs to strongly prepare for the exams and appear for interviews.
With this we get to know that the importance of Chartered Accountants cannot be denied in Government Sectors. Because, nearly all State Governments or the Central Government requires a professional with a certification course like Chartered Accountancy who have achieved expertise in their area of finance.
Tags :professional resource