Revision is surely an important criteria for successful evaluation of your preparation. In case, you are sincere and have read your whole course 2-3 times and likes to have chits for revision, then this article is not for u as you can prepare in much better way.
And those who are completing their syallabus for first time or in the progress of accomplishing, this article is surely dedicated to you . Alrighty be mighty ..... let’s carry on
Revision is true reflection of what you read. And the thumbrule is “less you read, better you revise”
But But But ..... as we all know our textbooks don’t cover tiny miny syllabus. Its like pacific ocean covering the whole world of our mind . So what we should do :-
Let’s do it my style. First of all ,You must know what kinda person you are and what kinda revision style will suit you. I can classify revision in 3 styles :-
1. Chart style:- These type of persons are really relaxed with their study preparation even at last minute. Don’t like hyper tension and havethe attitude of “My marksheet is not enough to define me”. The persons who first like to overview the syllabus. Then count the chapter pages. And like everything in simple, sweet and shortest way. They can be described as visual learner.So the best way of revision for them is to connect the chapter summary or complex question in form of charts,flowcharts ,a simple diagram,beatiful scribbling, means whatever look intersting and short at the same time. As you are more concerned with overview rather than thorough study.
2. Bullet style:- These type of persons are bit more tense and get hyper active and hyper tense in case of things don’t go well. Stress takers when preparation is behind the timeline. They want to have the overview and deep interest in same but are more concerned with presentation and legible writing style, normally have the attitude of risk-aversions , like to play on safe side of road. Then don’t follow the first style until and unless it’s necessary. Try to mesmerize things in bullet style or say remember main points in your style. It will help you in regaining confidence and you will concentrate only on your problem areas. Bullets are like hints which you need and for the rest, you can make a way.
3. Big Picture:- these kind persons are really terrible at revision. I also fall in this category. They like to explore and search. Either they do it with all their heart or don’t do at all. They are not concerned with their presentation or overview. Their main focus is to have conceptual understanding. And in case, they ever try to compromise on that front ,face real hell. As they read so much that energy to revise doesn’t remain at all.
4. Grab your concepts first no matter how many references you need to read or persons you need to ask.
5. Get back to your main book. Connect the idea of what you have understand with the main book.
6. Cut the irrelevant portion completely. Because even a slight view of the same will tempt you to read that.
7. Underline in different styles and make sure you never ever try to have an Bird eye overview as next time you will force yourself to read again.
I’d say these kinda persons are real hard workers but their stupidities can make harm them more than institute can. So be cautious.
And lastly I’d say
(A calm mind is always more powerful than a stressed mind, so doing it with all your smile and style.)