As per the Companies (Amendment and Qualification of Directors) Third Amendment Rules, 2019 those who have already filed DIR-3 KYC, would only be required to complete their Web-Based KYC, which will be pre-filled with data, based on the records present in the registry of the government, for ease of verification by such persons concerned.
Summary of changes made regarding KYC of DIN vide MCA notification dated July 25, 2019:
- KYC of DIN on annual basis by 30th September is mandatory;
- The notification is applicable to every an individual who is holding Director Identification Number (DIN).
- It applicable to all kind of director including foreign national.
- The DSC is not required in case of web-form DIR-3 KYC, however, it is required in e-Form DIR-3KYC
- For Form DIR-3KYC. Digital Signature is required.
- For First time KYC of Director, it is required to file Form DIR-3KYC not Web Based KYC.
- KYC of DIN allotted during a financial year can be made only by way of filing of DIR 3 KYC by 30th September of next financial year;
- KYC of DIN in respect of which DIR-3 KYC has been made in previous years can be made by filing following forms by 30th September of respective financial year:
- DIR-3 KYC WEB - if there is no update in information;
- DIR-3 KYC – if there is change in information.
- Filing of above forms can be made after 30th September with additional fees of Rs. 5000/-;
- It appears any updation in mobile/email can be made only on annual basis through form DIR 3 KYC and not through DIR-3 KYC WEB.
- If the director has not filed the e-form DIR-KYC or web-form DIR-3 KYC-WEB within the due date with the Registrar of Companies:, DIN status shall be seen as “Deactivated”;
Tags Corporate Law