A Limited Liability Partnership is a business structure that requires a minimum number of two members and there is no limit on the maximum number of members. The liability of the members of the Limited Liability Partnership is limited. If we talk about the Compliance requirement of an LLP, it is less than a Private Limited Company. Yet it is important to keep a track of the Important Statutory due dates for LLP Annual Filing falling in the year so that an LLP can be well prepared for all the compliances to be met in a year. Here we have prepared a calendar for all the Important Statutory Due dates for LLP Annual Filing (LLP Form 8 & LLP Form 11) for FY 2020-21.
- LLP Annual Filing
- LLP Form 11 due date (LLP Annual Return Filing) - 30.05.2021
- LLP form 8 Due date - 30.10.2021
- Due date for IT Returns for LLP
- Late fees for form LLP 8 and LLP 11 filing
- Every Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) is required to file its annual return in Form LLP 11 within 60 days from the end of the financial year and Statement of Account & Solvency in Form LLP 8 within 30 days from the end of six months of the close of financial year.
- It is mandatory for every LLP to follow with the statutory requirement such as Annual Return, Income Tax Return, Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet, every year, even if it does not do any business. Just like Companies, LLPs are required to maintain their financial year, as 1st April to 31st March.
- Every LLP registered in India is required to file its annual return in LLP form 11 within 60 days from the closure of the financial year that means the due date for filing LLP Form 11 (LLP Annual Return Filing) for the FY 2020-21 is 30th may, 2021.
- It is mandatory for every LLP to file its Annual Returns and financial statements with the Ministry of Corporate affairs even if they are not doing any business.
- LLP Annual return or LLP Form 11 is a summary of all the Designated partners like whether there are any changes in the management of LLP or not.
- It is a mandatory requirement of law and even NIL returns must be filed.
- An annual filing form namely LLP Form 8 is a statement of Accounts and solvency that needs to be filed with ROC every year.
- Statement of Account and Solvency shall be filed with the ROC within 30 days from the end of six months of the financial year to which the statement relates that means the due date for filing LLP form 8 (LLP Annual Filing) for the FY 2020-21 is 30th October, 2021.
- This Form contains details like a declaration on the state of solvency of the LLP by the designated partners and also information related to statement of assets and liabilities and statement of income and expenditure of the LLP.
- This is not compliance exclusive to LLPs, but any business and individuals, though all LLPs must also file Income Tax Returns on or before the due date.
- For the Finacial Year 2020-21, the last date for filing Income Tax Returns for LLPs which does not require Tax Audit is 31st July 2021 and if Tax Audit is required then due date for IT Returns for LLP is 30th September 2021.
- Even if the LLP has not done any business for the current financial year, they are required to file a Nil Income Tax Returns with the Income Tax authorities.
- If an LLP does not file its annual filing forms within the prescribed time, then there would be penalty of Rs. 100 per day per form is payable from the due date of filing return till the date actual return is filed.
It is the responsibility of the Designated Partners of an LLP to maintain a proper book of accounts and file an Annual Return with the MCA each financial year. Hence it is advisable that you file your form LLP 8 and Form 11 before the due dates.
Tags :llpcorporate law