Analysis of Paper 2: Strategic Financial Management
Paper was quiet manageable. Maximum question were similar to illustrations given in Module, Practice Manual & Past RTP’s (Nearly 50 Marks). However many questions tested the application skill of the candidates.
Pattern of the question paper was a standardized one.
(1) Practical v/s Theory:
- Question 1 to Question 6: Practical (Total 100 Marks including Options)
- Question 7: Theory (Total 20 Marks including Options)
(2) Marks Question & Sub Question Wise:
- Question 1: Four Question of 5 Marks Each
- Question 2 to 6: Two Questions of 8 Marks Each
- Question 7: Five Questions of 4 Marks Each
- Easy: 63 Marks
- Medium: 16 Marks
- Difficult: 21 Marks
Maximum students could complete the Paper.
More weightage was given to chapters like Foreign Exchange Management, Portfolio Theory & Capital Budgeting. Nearly 74 Marks out 100 Marks of practical questions was from this chapter.
However, this keeps on changing. Hence student must give importance to all the chapters.
- Students with good preparations found the paper easy and can easily score exemption.
- Students with average or poor preparation found the paper difficult.
- Nightmare for Students having fear of Forex and portfolio.
Advice for Future Attempts:
Conceptual clarity & application skill:
Conceptual clarity & application skill is most important to crack CA Final Exams. This is very true for SFM. Questions can be twisted just by adding or deleting few words. However, if you as a student are clear on your concepts, then you can easily solve it.
Practice makes you perfect:
Students need to solve as many questions from ICAI Module, P.M. & RTP’s as possible. They need to read the question properly, scribble down the answer & afterwards go through suggested answer given. Directly looking at answer without thinking won’t help.