Are you one of the Young Minds...? Bored of 8 to 9 hours job...? Want to achieve your financial freedom at the earliest? Then, no worries here are few guidelines to be followed for your better investments.
'Make your money work for you, not the other way around'.
1. How do you think most of the people got rich?
Most of the people became rich by investing from their young age. Do you think we need huge money for investment? Not at all!
The best example is starting an equity mutual fund SIP with as little as Rs 500 per month. Most mutual funds have a minimum lump sum investment of just Rs 5,000.
That’s a good start for the wise investor!
2. Save now, Spend Later!
In this fast-growing economy, we tend to spend more. Our society indirectly forces us to spend money on unnecessary things more. Do you want to be the same still? Let’s be Unique!
'If you want to have a better performance than the crowd, you must do things differently than the crowd,' said John Templeton.
To be an investor, we need money. To have money we need to save rather than spend. This advice is the most obvious one given out by top business professionals. Hence without any troubles, to be a successful investor we must do something that nobody in the world wants you to do: save some of your money instead of spending it.
3. Good Decision with Strong Mind.
Yes, Mistakes are a daily part of life. The thing is, we learn from our mistakes. There are a few mistakes made by young investors in the beginning. Like,
- They lose hope if they face any correction in the stock market.
- Not acting properly on a good investment idea out of fear of risk involved.
- Taking on debt to invest in the Stock Market.
- Investing in stocks for the short term.
Should we have to continue the same? Think!
Let us be aware of and make good decisions with a strong mind.
4. Seek the Advice of Trusted Experts.
There are many more young investors who start investing just like that. We need to focus on smart investments and take advice from learned people around us.
When it comes to investments, you can contact a certified financial planner who will be able to bring a 360-degree perspective to your personal finance. He will make you realize,
- Where you are financially
- Where you need to go financially
- What is the right way to reach your financial goals
- What kind of risks are expected in your financial journey
- How to avoid those risks
- How suitable are your existing investments
- Where to invest and when to invest
- How to save tax and invest tax efficiently
- How to do the course corrections
He brings expertise and saves your time and energy.
Awake Now - Have a Better Financial Life Tomorrow!
I hope this information will help you to step into the investing world, good luck out there!
(The author is Ramalingam.K an MBA (Finance) and Certified Financial Planner. He is the Director & Chief Financial Planner of Holistic Investment Planners (www.holisticinvestment.in) a firm that offers Financial Planning and Wealth Management. He can be reached at email@example.com)