The 33rd GST meeting held on the 20th Feb 2019 has brought the following reforms in GST.
1. The Due Date for filling GSTR-3B for January 2019 has been extended
- For all states except Jammu & Kashmir -22nd February 2019
- For Jammu and Kashmir - 28th Feb 2019
2. Recommendation of GST rate
- The rate of GST on under-construction properties has been reduced to 5% GST from 12% GST.
- The rate of GST on affordable housing category has been reduced to 3% or lower rate of GST from the 8% GST.
However, in both the cases, input tax credit (ITC) cannot be claimed.
3. The GST rate on Lottery has been increased to 28% from the 18% GST
4. The decision on real estate is still pending and the meeting has been adjourned and will be held in Delhi on 24th February