Easy Office
LCI Learning

You think you can't write??

Page no : 3

priyanka (CA Final student) (895 Points)
Replied 03 February 2011

a precision of my friend's spectacular creation(i mean it, as always) for those lacking tym :

At the end of each sentence ask yourself: Does it make any difference if this is not included?? And decide!

Say what you want to say in the fewest possible words. Coz otherwise the readers are bound to skip them showing the futility of those…

It’s always better to yearn for something better and push yourself to achieve it than be satisfied with what you already have written!

Don’t ever use words whose meaning you doubt:(… they have the potential to hurt others and even harm your reputation…

@ resham - hope i said a lot without even praising u...

@ pulkit - u do a great value addition to ppl's articles.....as they say, chaar chand laga diye....he he

1 Like

(Guest)

My friend There Is nothing such as dos and donts while writing.........writing is creativity, how can u make boundaries and limit ur imagination..........i mean i was a bit taken back reading ur article....mujhe samajh nahi aa raha tha...whether people write kyoki they r forced to write(arre maine 2 hafto se kuch nahi likha)??????????....or whether they write bcos they have something to share....and i know everyone can write....and there is nothing such as"good writer."....if u have anything going up in ur mind ....u can share it with world....thats what writing is all about....JK Rowling ne nahi socha tha....ki her Harry Potter was going to be that successful....she had a story on her mind....she visualised each and every character in the book......her book was highly applauded by everyone......but the next book that JK Rowling writes may not get that huge response....and this will not make her a bad writer isnt it???????????Sorry but mujhe thoda ajeeb laga............for me writing is creativity ,its my imagination and theres no dos and donts in writing mujhe nahi lagta.....and i think writing style changes with the mood or circumstances,or just bcos of ones present state of mind....a person is not the same always....a person is constantly evolving ,learning experiencing life.........What u write can reflect ur present state of mind....when u r sad...ur work can depict a very deep ,mysterious side of u,when u r happy ....ur writing can be of a different genre.....and both can be equelly beautifull ."Writing is like giving life to ur imagination,where ur thoughts come alive as soon as a reader dives into it,and explores the mystery thats yet unexplored...."----By Priyam

2 Like

Vikas Gupta (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (16295 Points)
Replied 03 February 2011

Originally posted by : Naina

truly wonderful article ..with realistic approach

zabardast ...

(Guest)

Resham now Please dont kill me for wat i have written......I just wanted to share my views.....:DDont get hurt.....Though i know ,i will be misunderstood....(u know theres problem in my writing style...its quite straightforward.. par mujhe khadoos mat samajhna yaar....:D)

Vikas Gupta (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (16295 Points)
Replied 03 February 2011

Originally posted by : Sunshine

hehhehee.....very nice resham...if i can write then anyone can write....

keep it up basanti....!!

Yah kaisi bath hey LAppi...Tum tho CCi ka ethne badi writer hey...aasa nahi kahathe..Tumare tharah aasa Mast koyi likh nahi sakthi my dear..

1 Like

Vikash Maheshwari (learner) (6358 Points)
Replied 03 February 2011

wow..........now where do i begin from.............1st i must thank for that  A Doubting Thomas title........i assume it's me...............after reading it i really wanna write a scriptt for a bollywood movie if not anything else............sach me yaar kuch likhne ko man karr raha hai par as pulkit has said likhne k liye pen aur paper nahi .......idea chahiye...........wohi toh nahi hai ................hopefully will get one dhasu idea soon and share wid u all.....................

but must say...........among so many write ups.....i love sneha's,pulkit's and your's and of course others too and i feel naina is improving with time .............

and as i had said i am not completely useless ,i can be used as a bad example ....hehehehhe............

great writing.........creative thinking..........and logical presentation............i appreciate ur efforts in compiling so many points and making it interesting to read and fun...............and nice use of saings...............

all of us can write...........coz all of us can think.....these two are directly proportional.............i do hope more members will come forward and share ideas and write ups..........but jst a word of caution if i may say...........give weightage for quality rather than qty...........and if i may add a small request too........when we post comments plz add value to d post and give encouragement to d writer and really mean it...if it's not so gud..b honest and say it nicely that these are some of d points u need to improve on.......blve me ......nothing hurts more than white lies jst to make another happy...........we all r frends here and i m sure no one wud mind if we give honest opinion abt posts...........

4 Like

Resham (Carpe Diem !!!) (6535 Points)
Replied 03 February 2011

My dear friend Priyam - I appreciate that you gave your frank opinion about it..

But when you closely look at the Do'd and do'ts i have essentially said what you have said dear..

This is for writing when you want to publish something and not when you are writing your diary...

1. Use fewest words possible means edit well... You know J. K. Rowling herself said that she spent more time editing her book than writing it..

2.  Take a break if you are not able to write… don’t force it on yourself...(thats what you said)

3. Don’t use language that’s too gaudy so as to conceal lack of substance….( my point is this... If you use high language just to hide lack of meaning in it... then its wrong)

4.Don’t ape anyone’s style - now ofcourse you agreed in that... you just said that it should be upon your mood... you should have a style of your own...

5. First write for yourself, not for public. ( again you agreed in that point)this is the same as you said... 

for me writing is creativity ,its my imagination

6. No subject is dull to be written about... ( i know you jst said that it is my imagination... so its same as yours)

7. stress on quality - You said that you haven't written from many days... thats what i mean thru this...

And ofcourse i am not angry at you.. dear... I like frank opinions... but after all we mean the same thing as explained above... if you again read it in detail... i am sure you'll agree...

1 Like

Simranjeet Singh (Proprietor at S Simranjeet & Associates Company Secretaries)   (4396 Points)
Replied 03 February 2011

Originally posted by : Manmohan

what a article Resham !! 

i think i can write but i think i can't speak.....

1 Like

Replied 03 February 2011

@ Vikash - Yep its you!! A DOUBTING THOMAS....

And i knew you'll take it sportingly!! Thanks for your encouraging reply and you really added value to my post...! And the points that you raised.... Worth reading and implementing...!! Kudos to you friend!

Sunshine (Helping All) (10575 Points)
Replied 03 February 2011

thank u saritha didi....

1 Like

(Guest)

U know Resham i only didnt like when u categorised ....and gave a heading" dos and donts".....U r my friend(i dont know u consider me so now or not).but i really appreciate ur writing style....i actually like it very much(this is for u)....but i think as a friend when i can praise u.....i think i also have the right to speak wat i feel .....as u have read my comment and u have commented too...thanks for that........Theres one thing i want to share with u.....jab mujhe koi article pasand nahi ata...i dont even comment....but when i comment that means i actually liked the article and if i find some shortcomings i write it too.......

CS LLB Pulkit Gupta (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-and-Promises/553962034682487)   (16631 Points)
Replied 03 February 2011

@ Priyam - Arrey bhai khatam karo ye discussion. Tum ladkiyaan bhi na bina wajah baat kheech deti ho. Chalo ab mujhe hi topic change karna hoga...So let's change d topic...

The new topic is wish me good luck for my results...nahi pasand aaya

Chalo den wish Team India for world cup....

Ye bhi nahi ...one more try ...wish Akki luck for patiala house...

Chalo last try...wish Raja best of luck for 2G spectrum scam (Yaar ye toh mujhe pasand nahi aaya)

Sunshine (Helping All) (10575 Points)
Replied 03 February 2011

plzzzzzzz 2 G spectrum naiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

CA.Pravinchandra (Executive (F&A)) (2387 Points)
Replied 03 February 2011

I could say its your The best article till now in CCi. And you showed how easily some one can write even on topic of Writing..! where as vikas is concerned I always wondered by his replies on posts that, If this guy can give such excellent replies why dont writes own posts.

by the way Standing Ovations to your article.

2 Like

Replied 03 February 2011

Originally posted by : Sunshine

hehhehee.....very nice resham...if i can write then anyone can write....

keep it up basanti....!!

Oye Viruu... Kya matlab hai iska??

Tere articles to CCI ki jaan hai... Shaan hai... Maan hai... !!!:P

Aur Priyam.... Ab dantugi haan... Itne pyaar se to baat ki maine... And yes i understood your point dear!!

Hum isi topic se chipke rahenge... Pulkit ko jitne nahi denge nahi denge nahi denge... he he!!

and Pravin Bhaiya... Thanks a lot... thanks a ton... Main Vikash ko yahi bolti thi ki when he replies so well he should write too... Anyways he got his reply...

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: