ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Writing style for exams ........

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21607 Points)

23 November 2011  

A very good evening to all .......

I know this question is somewhat critical blush.In addition , U gonna think me, a stupid onesurprise ...waise koi fark ni padta ...wo to m pehle se hi hu. devil

Ok , let's  get into the main question which is still  sauntering in my mindenlightened . So I thought to  ask it from everyone in CCI.heart what should be the writing style in paper ....

I am asking all this because in my  school days my teacher never asked me to cram. And in non college their is also no such special rules regarding studies. Dil kiya to class li ....ni to kiska kya jata h ... I am  doing self study since my 10th class.I never had any study issues..as because what marks,I wanna achieve...I've got them. Sometimes , My frns used to taunt me that I really don't know the proffessional standards...... How to write an answer in exam. My writing style has quite conventional  as because u can't learn everything sitting at home sad. So , I wanna know the real logic behind their this sentence.

well , what's problem in understanding their view point alsocheeky ..... So really wanna  know my stupid q answer ....

fine ....I know many person have d same background. And , they gonna say ...we r nt facing any such problem.  well M facing this problem mail...So  I really want an apt answer enlightened.So , here m including an example.......

Interlocutory orders....

Power to order intrim sale.

The court may, on the application of any party to a suit order the sale, by any person named in such order , and in such manner and on such terms , as if thinks fit, of any movable property , being the subject matter of such suit , or attached before judgement in such suit , which is subject to speedy  and natural decay , or which for any other just or sufficient cause it may be desirable to be sold at once. ( Rule 6)

my ans would be ....

Rule 6 defines the power to order Interim sale. The court can order the sale on the application of any party  in relation to movable property or the subject matter of the suit , which can be lose its value after time . And it will be just  and sufficient cause  that it should be  sold at once.

I am just asking this question to all of you because you already know my writing style.

And I am confused because  she knows my life style.

And yes, last  but not the least.........

My frns are really caringheartenlightened . So don't say just ignore their wordings. Because , even I know ..... There is much more room for improvement.

Regards

Renu

16 Replies

CA Rajat Jain (CA) (1672 Points)
Replied 23 November 2011

nice article renu , u always come with new one

rahul (Chartered Accountant and CS Prof.)   (5470 Points)
Replied 23 November 2011

Thanks a lot for mentioning such a valuable point..

1 Like

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26248 Points)
Replied 23 November 2011

I am also of opinion that firstly the subject matter should be understood clearly rather than the perfect language of Law. 

What would happen if one writes perfect language of law without understanding it in a proper manner ?  

After reading a particular section; what generally we do or what Coaching Institutes do ? We try to understand what does it want to say.  So it is always better that while  reading LAW subject; one should try to focus on major contents and characteristics thereof....this way the subject would be interesting......and also raise cross question to yourself whenever you ready a particular portion of the subject. 

For example; ask yourself why the amount of penalties differ from one lapses to another ones.  Why some penalties are rigorous ? It means these acts are not desired at all where penalties are heavy.  If you can focus on these points; it would be easier for you to learn and keep  the quantum of penalty into your memory. 

This will improve your attention, memory and analytical skills about the subject. 

When you get commands over the contents; select some of the portion of the syllabus where you can quote sections which are the most important and/or easy to you to remember them.  

Section numbers which are always confusing from one Act to another Act; may be left and focus can be had on confusing points rather than the section numbers. 

6 Like

Pallav Singhania (❤ Work Hard Party Harder ❤)   (31112 Points)
Replied 23 November 2011

very well point covered Renu Ji...

there must be a free consent.....between you and the examiner..

there must be a communication through ur answer...

1 Like

Hardik Dave (IPCC and CS Professional(FINAL) Student)   (15528 Points)
Replied 24 November 2011

Realy true sister.smile. Ur all articles and presentations are wonderful. Keep sharing always.

Replied 24 November 2011

@ Surender Sir ,

I truly agree with you that analysing content is more important just reading the concept. yes

RG - A Helping Hand (Company Secretary) (13867 Points)
Replied 24 November 2011

Your friends are right in their observation. The example of Interlocutory orders compelled me to form this opinion about your drafting skills.

But the opinion of your friends is not final and conclusive. Actually your attitude is good but it is not about writing a particular thing in English. Especially in a subject like Law like Cr.P.C. or C.P.C. which are known for their languages and lots of commas in a paragraph.

Your way of drafting may help you in a different topic of English but not in a topic like Interlocutory orders. The language used by you in the explanation of Interlocutory orders is really defective.

I will try to explain you the defects and share my language covering everything. Another reason of your problem is lack of understanding of the words used in language along with their interpretation.

3 Like

Nabeel (CA) (3288 Points)
Replied 24 November 2011

Very well written Renu............ Ur presentation is also wonderful...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ur all posts are very good.......... U r the Gem of CCI...................

buddy (-) (71 Points)
Replied 24 November 2011

Your draft - not fair

example - lets take 2 areas where you diverted from the  actual meaning

1) the terms and conditions will be decided / directed by the court in the order for sale

2) law provides for items of - speedy and natural decay

so whats the impact of ur draft?

1) nowhere have u mentioned about the point one above - not even a reference to it has been made by your draft (THIS LEAVES THE READER IN DOUBT)

2) you mentioned about "items that lose their value over time" - NOW YOU KNOW THAT by value you mean to say "decay" BUT NOT THE READER - ANY LAY PERSON WILL INTERPRET IT AS ITEMS LOSING THEIR VALUE IN MONETARY TERMS (EXAMPLE - OUT FASHIONED GOODS)

WHAT ARE YOUR TAKE AWAYS FROM MY COMMENTS?

1) BE CLEAR IN WHAT YOU WRITE

2) BE COMPREHENSIVE ENOUGH TO INCLUDE THE MATTER

(in simple language - we are neither supreme court judges to be ditto in our language as it is mentioned in law, but we can try to be close. Neither we are so power ful to interpret and draft the decided law in our own way that we change its meaning as a whole and try to prove ourself above the draftsmen who drafted the real language)

1 Like

Replied 24 November 2011

Interlocutory orders: My Drafting---

As per rule 6 of _________ Interlocutory orders means Power to order interim sale in certain conditions.

As per rule 6 court may, on the application of any party to a suit order any person to execute the sale of any movable property which is subject matter of suit, or attached during the course of suit, on such terms and conditions specified by the court.

The property above should be such which is subject to speedy and natural decay or which for any other just or sufficient cause it may be desirable to be sold at once.

As per my understanding the portion highlighted in Yellow is very important as far as facing a practical problem given in Exam. Please read the interpretation below:

1. May---Court may or may not order. Court may reject the application
  2. Application---Filing of formal application is necessary with court.
  3. Party to a suit---This is very imp. Only a person who is party to a suit can file this kind of application. For example if Mr. A and B is fighting the suit then Mr. C cannot file the application for sale.
  4. Any person----On application court may order any person to execute the sale. Here it is discretion of the court.
  5. Movable property---Interlocutory order is all about movable property.
  6. Subject matter of suit or attached during the course of suit---Property in question should be subject matter of suit i.e. regarding which suit is going.
  7. Speedy and natural decay---it defines the nature of property.
  8. Just or sufficient cause---It is to be decided by court on the basis of circumstances of the case and application.

So these pointer are imp for a problem based on Interlocutory order. General reading and understanding of Interlocutory order cannot help you to solve the question.  

Hope my above efforts help you.

RG

3 Like

Replied 24 November 2011

Interlocutory orders: Your Drafting---

my ans would be ....

Rule 6 defines the power to order Interim sale. The court can order the sale on the application of any party  in relation to movable property or the subject matter of the suit , which can be lose its value after time . And it will be just  and sufficient cause  that it should be  sold at once.

Flows with your drafting of Interlocutory order:

1. You said court can order the sale on the application of any party which is incorrect. As per the true language only a person who is party to a suit can file this kind of application. For example if Mr. A and B is fighting the suit then Mr. C cannot file the application for sale.

1. You have not mentioned the nature of property means it should be subject to Speedy and natural decay which is the base of this topic.

1. Further Law gave power to the court for fixing the terms and conditions of sale like disposal by auction, fixing consideration etc.

1. Property acquired through attachment during the course also qualifies for Interlocutory order. You missed this point.

1. Also take care of the word like may or shall used in the language.

If you have any doubt let me know.

RG

2 Like

Replied 24 November 2011

@ richank ....

Thanks a lot bro ....

U really covered my every doubt

Replied 24 November 2011

You are most welcome Sis...

One more thing I'd like to say regarding covering my analysis in points 8 points through my second reply is---We used to discuss the topics in this way only. Hence it is very imp to be with capable friends during self study. I mean do not isolate yourself during self study.

Self study is good infact need of the hour but self study also carries certain disadvantages like chances of misinterpretating the language. Unfortunately right now you are facing the same. But you can minimise these dis-advantages by group study.

RG

3 Like

SANYAM ARORA (“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”)   (20158 Points)
Replied 24 November 2011

Originally posted by : Nabeel

Very well written Renu............ Ur presentation is also wonderful...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ur all posts are very good.......... U r the Gem of CCI...................

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags