Easy Office

Why ca is a total waste!

Page no : 2

Satish Makam (Asst. Manager - Accounts)   (294 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

we are not blaming the coure, but ICAI for its practises

CA MAYANK WADHERA (CA CS CMA(I)) (789 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

CA is a prestigious course as many of MBA from top colleges of india also respect us only because they applaud the courage we had shown over  4-5 years of our life to become CA. This is the only course which can be done at cheapest cost and also give us honour in the eyes of society.

Everybody has his own opinion, i also had the same issue as one of guy has told about evaluation of ICAI, But at the same time i would say that ICAI is to be applauded for their effort to show copies to students.

This is a Humble request Freinds, that please do not spread such negativism about our Institute. Because what honour or proud any CA has today is only because of ICAI.

3 Like

DrSANGITA PHD MBA(usa)CACSCWA (President Finance & Taxation)   (405 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

Satish Makam Ji Thanks to Telling me daughter of saraswati, Sir Studies & Knowlwdge gaining is my Passion & Honestly all this academics were done by me out of my greed & Hunger, & I tell you sir that Once I was half way I felt the real Tough was left behind & the road further was rather easier to Finish. & Idid it. Thanks to the Blessings of the Saraswati whom I can see in reality in my Life my Mother & the Lord Vishnu & Dutta my Father, else the Hidden Blessings of all the god & goddesses were always there with me & I pray that they shall always remain with me & with every person.

@VaibhavJ (Believe!! Live your dreams!)   (33511 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

Originally posted by : DrSANGITA PHD MBA(usa)CACSCWA

CA would never be a waste as it has got its own Inherent Value & Strength & also certain Exclusive previlages, But Strongly feel that ICAI need to take some very Active steps to Revamp & Think on the Overhaul of  the Entire Education System which is Now in CA & also ICAI should take some Proactive steps towards getting some direct International Recognisation for CA from India, Like ACCA or CIMA, MBAs & many such degrees. & Friends without any prejudice to anybody here & with all due respect to everybody & all Post made here & that will be made here, Let me Tell you my Feelong is that People & Students & all other in CA have made exorbitant Expectations from doing & after completion of CA,  MY question is Why that ? is CA something really very different from other higher studies ? NO Sir / Mams here. I can tell you CA is also to be Placed at if not at Lower to nay other then dont Place it Oneup all others Else Higher the expectations more the Regrets & heart breakings in case of the smallest failure of expectations. Friends Take CA as a Normal Course of Studies in your Life & see I feel all your High -VEs or high +VEs towards CA & only CA will come to rationality. & Sorry toTell you but its a Fact that CA is not that tough nither that big or very Different from other Professional courses in India or world. But if you really see ICAI has projected itself something oneup the Other courses & degrees of the world then Friends I am very very sorry to tell that ICAI is taking this status on the Basis of SELF PROCLAMATION else why is ICAI degree not recognised else where for doing anything further. As to some people telling here that Indian CAs have a great Value in Middle East & Africa & europe, Then I would like to tell them that For Europe Sector Indian CA no real value but More is for CAs from ICAEW & CPAs. As for Middle east & Africa, Yes I can agree but for a different reason, There by itself the Education Level for the Local National peeople is Too less & Low & Also you wont Find Europeans & Americans ( rather People from any Developed Countries ) going there to work & also if they Go then the Middle East & Africans would not Afford the Scale of Payments & so the Only Cheap Labour available is from India, & also to bring to your Information that Indian CA could be in Demand in those countries but recognisation is more for CPAs, I have got many friends Working in this countries & to be Honest I tell you the Working Conditions & work type & Quality what they have are not really which a CA should have.

Given above is my opinion based on my feelings & People here can have different views for which I thank those who agree my views & as well say sorry to people who may feel hurted by my veiws

Ms sangita your opinin is fair but not enough in my VIEW..

I did not see anywher ICAI publicly claiming ICAI is no.1.

We can check on number of students enrolling for CA's as compare to other courses like CS, ICWA's, CPA & so on..,& because of which result of CA is very less.

My Qustion is why not CS/ICWA claim being no. 1? May be there are aware about that..

Moreover IIM is no.1 but they did not claim so but we all know why they are no. 1.

Also there is no match to carriculam & training designed by ICAI, you may agree on that.

Course fee charged by ICWA is far less then that of CPA/MBA but quality is not compromised on other end.

And you have only said For Europe Sector Indian CA no real value but More is for CAs from ICAEW & CPAs

Thanks for your comments & really appreciate your achievement.

Replied 28 November 2012

CA Mayank sir I differ a bit with your Opinion, ICAI didnt show the courage of showing Papers, rather it fought till death to abstain itself from getting covered under RTI for showing papers & have spent Lakhs of Rs towards Legal fees to fight the case in High Courts & Supreme court, But everything at Vain, Hon Supreme court had not considered anything from ICAI & just ordered that ICAI is covered under RTI. & So ICAI was forced to show papers, Else see the case of Mumbai HC in 2006 - 07 a girl had gone to court & she was not gvn the papers which ICAI had to do after Bom HC orders, See the Delhi HC orders which accepted ICAI stand of not covering under RTI & ICAO was at great Guns Rejoicing the Victory & the CIC Delhi order asking ICAI to give papers to some student & ICAI went into appeal to HC. Sir Now can you tell me where is the Voluntary Interest & courage of ICAI evident & depicted in this given situations of Showing papers to students. Also see the Latest Case of the Karnataka HC How ICAI got slapped on the face by HC & Immd ICAI issued some fresh Notification for Reverification. Sorry Sir I may have sounded a bit Harsh but facts are made with citations which by themself spell Harsh.

2 Like

Replied 28 November 2012

Sir See at many Places & also see the replies of ICAI filed by its Lawyers at Madras HC in response to a PIL & also at the Bangalore bench of Karnataka HC where ICAI was slapped by aksing on their Paper correction Process. Sir Every reply filed contained the sentence by ICAI that its the Best Course world wide &  the Toughest course a Full proff exam system & full proof Paper checking & marking system 7 all such things, Sir with all due regards to you & with no intentions of having any personal twist or Agony with you Sir can you pls tell me is this not a case of self Proclamation ? Sir I think you have not seen the Court orders, Sir see Immd after the Karnataka HC order ICAI announced a diff version of the Paper Checking & verification procedure Notification, & also Sir If you need then Pls mail me on my Id & I will forward you a copy of the case facts filed along with the court orders of all this case & sir I am sure you will feel very Bad thatan Institute of which we are members & whom we want to respect at the Helm how does it actually act & behave & is being Managed. Sir I once again appolgise for any harshness or Ill & Insulted feelings if it must have coused to you

2 Like

CA Vikas Kumar Sharma (CA) (494 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

It is better to post or comment on some valuable or educational topic.

Freinds dont give notice to such post and people.

piyush.a.k (-) (252 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

@ Satish Makam

Sir , didnt understand, are u not happy that CA is not globlly recognised. Sorry sir please go for MOU's and post graducation courses on ICAI site, I suppose your this misunderstanding will be settled.

2) U said that ur answer paper was not properly checked by ICAI, Sir, on which institute, college or course u can guarantee that 100% accurate checking is being conducted. Please ask any enginnering student who has his paper evaluation sheets.

3) U have come across practicing CA who advice their clients of tax evading transactions, I suppose no CA in todays world will advice the same, at the most he will definately advice tax planning but no tax evasion act. sorry sir have n number of my own friends in practice, but didnt come up with any such act.

Yes, do agree that todays situation is not that good for a fresher CA in job market. But it is the same for all professionals, and qualified students, it is just the market suitation not that CA course has degraded or something.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Piyush.Khivasara

@ Satish Makam

Sir , didnt understand, are u not happy that CA is not globlly recognised. Sorry sir please go for MOU's and post graducation courses on ICAI site, I suppose your this misunderstanding will be settled.

2) U said that ur answer paper was not properly checked by ICAI, Sir, on which institute, college or course u can guarantee that 100% accurate checking is being conducted. Please ask any enginnering student who has his paper evaluation sheets.

3) U have come across practicing CA who advice their clients of tax evading transactions, I suppose no CA in todays world will advice the same, at the most he will definately advice tax planning but no tax evasion act. sorry sir have n number of my own friends in practice, but didnt come up with any such act.

Yes, do agree that todays situation is not that good for a fresher CA in job market. But it is the same for all professionals, and qualified students, it is just the market suitation not that CA course has degraded or something.

If today's position is like this, What about after 5-10 years?

In other fields like Engg., doctor,etc.., if they couldn't a job or job their wish, they can go for master's or Ph.d.(too many options..they can go for MBA also)

In US, we find many good universities offering good courses.  companies in US require good staff!

If not in India they can get it US of their caliber!

And once they get a job there, his life is almost settled!

THE WORST THING IS CA IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY A SINGLE UNIVERSITY IN THE US AND UNFORTUNATELY B.COM IS ONLY 3 YEAR DEGREE!

(Guest)
Originally posted by : DrSANGITA PHD MBA(usa)CACSCWA

CA would never be a waste as it has got its own Inherent Value & Strength & also certain Exclusive previlages, But Strongly feel that ICAI need to take some very Active steps to Revamp & Think on the Overhaul of  the Entire Education System which is Now in CA & also ICAI should take some Proactive steps towards getting some direct International Recognisation for CA from India, Like ACCA or CIMA, MBAs & many such degrees. & Friends without any prejudice to anybody here & with all due respect to everybody & all Post made here & that will be made here, Let me Tell you my Feelong is that People & Students & all other in CA have made exorbitant Expectations from doing & after completion of CA,  MY question is Why that ? is CA something really very different from other higher studies ? NO Sir / Mams here. I can tell you CA is also to be Placed at if not at Lower to nay other then dont Place it Oneup all others Else Higher the expectations more the Regrets & heart breakings in case of the smallest failure of expectations. Friends Take CA as a Normal Course of Studies in your Life & see I feel all your High -VEs or high +VEs towards CA & only CA will come to rationality. & Sorry toTell you but its a Fact that CA is not that tough nither that big or very Different from other Professional courses in India or world. But if you really see ICAI has projected itself something oneup the Other courses & degrees of the world then Friends I am very very sorry to tell that ICAI is taking this status on the Basis of SELF PROCLAMATION else why is ICAI degree not recognised else where for doing anything further. As to some people telling here that Indian CAs have a great Value in Middle East & Africa & europe, Then I would like to tell them that For Europe Sector Indian CA no real value but More is for CAs from ICAEW & CPAs. As for Middle east & Africa, Yes I can agree but for a different reason, There by itself the Education Level for the Local National peeople is Too less & Low & Also you wont Find Europeans & Americans ( rather People from any Developed Countries ) going there to work & also if they Go then the Middle East & Africans would not Afford the Scale of Payments & so the Only Cheap Labour available is from India, & also to bring to your Information that Indian CA could be in Demand in those countries but recognisation is more for CPAs, I have got many friends Working in this countries & to be Honest I tell you the Working Conditions & work type & Quality what they have are not really which a CA should have.

Given above is my opinion based on my feelings & People here can have different views for which I thank those who agree my views & as well say sorry to people who may feel hurted by my veiws

Thanks mam, for sharing the facts. See some are talking with inexperience and apparently their exposure towards global market is NIL.

If you look at the time span of CPA and CA, you already know the difference.

Those who are PRO "ICAI" are making communist remarks and defending themselves to protect something they are not aware of.

These patriots of ICAI, after passing the CA will know the difference!

I AM NOT AGAINST CA, I AM AGAINST the decision making of ICAI.

piyush.a.k (-) (252 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

@ GNB - r u planning to shift U.S.A or something.

As far as other countries are concern please do visit www.icai.org post qualification MOU's signed by ICAI and u will find the so called global status update. (England & wales, australia, austria, netherlands, Gulf countries, etc.)

(Guest)

As far as other countries are concern please do visit www.icai.org post qualification MOU's signed by ICAI and u will find the so called global status update. (England & wales, australia, austria, netherlands, Gulf countries, etc.)

I want to see India as developed as USA.

Opppurtunites are more in US when compared all the other countries.

If you talk about England, it is very diificult to get green card.

Talking about Gulf countries----Bad experience!

Replied 28 November 2012

Mr GNB

If you are really thinking of Settling abroad then Think of some european country or UK or some Far East asian country. OK USA may look good presently but their economy is not that what it is projected, Its going Bad day - day & situations are to be tough for them to come in future, Its only that they have am Immunity to Show Gold reserves before printing Dollars so they are Just using that immunity as a resource to keep their factory printing dollars to keep themselves Rich. Else you must have noticed the International Quotes for Oil have also started being negotiated moreover in Euros. & many such euro quotes are prevalent in Intl Trade since a Long time. Reason for the war of Iraq the Big Oil reserviour & Producer & Saddam being killed, he was adament for Euro & wanted to curb American Upperhand in world Economy........ sir many such things are there what more to tell.

Sir Honestly speaking India is in a better Position of Economy compared to US if put in real terms, if US is taken away with the Immunity of injecting Currency in circulation without Showing Gold reserves, Then US would go to rags in No Time.

Anil Sankar V (CA) (1877 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

Originally posted by : GNB

I want to see India as developed as USA.

Opppurtunites are more in US when compared all the other countries.

If you talk about England, it is very diificult to get green card.

Talking about Gulf countries----Bad experience!

U will know the difference,once u work in USA.We can make our country proud by working the nationin a better way.Take an example of sir.T.N.manohran who made proud of ICAI and our country.

@VaibhavJ (Believe!! Live your dreams!)   (33511 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

Hello Guys..

We all agree that its few decison of ICAI is not good and CA as a course.

So there is not issue in debating rather then coming up with IDEAS to imprve on such maatter.

All the best!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: