Easy Office
LCI Learning

Why ca is a total waste!

Page no : 3

Anil Sankar V (CA) (1877 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

Agree VAIBHAV

1 Like

DrSANGITA PHD MBA(usa)CACSCWA (President Finance & Taxation)   (405 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

All here in the discussion I feel the discussion is going towards a very Nice road, but there is some confusion being created to the replies given, as they dont show to whose post the reply is given Like in case of  Mr/Ms forhistory, I ma not clear abt is reply for whose post it is given so Pls mention the name for whose post the reply is made, & Als forhistory I understand that you meant that working for & in India is better then giong t us or any other place ? then I agree to it & if its the otherway round then I can say I was in US for 2 long years & have seen it very closely finding nothing in depth but a Hollow economy

Replied 28 November 2012

Yes Mr vaibhav Just agree to what you said but then that requires Proactive steps & not reactive frame of actions. People by & large have developed a mentality of mere alele  ko kya chinta padi hai, Mai apna dekhu baki baahd mei jaye, but Hats off to the students who have gone to the court agst ICAI & made ICAI learn a leson which as a result will benifit all other students.

Let me tell you sir that even I being a Member of ICAI & have no more to get from ICAI any further but have been regularly writting to ICAI about the changes required & putting them to strict erply & question about many policies about the course. Examination & many such Admin policies ( Not related with Students faternity). Even this time I have observed few mistakes in some Papers which I have already wrote to ICAI. Mking of vague assumptions for answering a question does not make the question correct. Take an Example of Std Costing in CA Final. In PCC ( Not IPCC )they had notified in writting that Quetions on VAT & Input credit  would not be asked but they have made a question to that also. Now tell me who should take up issues like this with ICAI ? is it the students or WE but students say jane do ICAI se panga kaun karega, then forget it & bear the Injustice

2 Like

Anil Sankar V (CA) (1877 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

is it the students or WE but students say jane do ICAI se panga kaun karega, then forget it & bear the Injustice

Accepted Madam

Replied 28 November 2012

Yes Mr vaibhav Just agree to what you said but then that requires Proactive steps & not reactive frame of actions. People by & large have developed a mentality of mere alele  ko kya chinta padi hai, Mai apna dekhu baki baahd mei jaye, but Hats off to the students who have gone to the court agst ICAI & made ICAI learn a leson which as a result will benifit all other students.

Let me tell you sir that even I being a Member of ICAI & have no more to get from ICAI any further but have been regularly writting to ICAI about the changes required & putting them to strict erply & question about many policies about the course. Examination & many such Admin policies ( Not related with Students faternity). Even this time I have observed few mistakes in some Papers which I have already wrote to ICAI. Mking of vague assumptions for answering a question does not make the question correct. Take an Example of Std Costing in CA Final. In PCC ( Not IPCC )they had notified in writting that Quetions on VAT & Input credit  would not be asked but they have made a question to that also. Now tell me who should take up issues like this with ICAI ? is it the students or WE but students say jane do ICAI se panga kaun karega, then forget it & bear the Injustice

Venkateswara Rao Sapare (Accountant) (1500 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

All respected participants,   

Let me regard  you and your opinions.      

At the beginning , let me make it clear that I am not here to contradict  you.   

All are absolutely right from their perspective.

If you permit me, I request some of you, not to impose your opinions on something, which we have not experienced.

How do we conclude that our experience alone should become yardstick to measure the pros and cons of the profession?   

If ICAI needs to change its approach towards the course,  why do not we aim to rein the ICAI, what we vision and provide better environment and values.   

Let us not blame someone that they are not doing so and so.    Are we not allowed by ICAI?   No.   

Let my friends, who want to better the ICAI and its approach to the CA course,  are welcome.   

Come forward,  meet the standards and beat the standards and prove our mettle and strengthen the COURSE.      

Let our standards be ever value based and strong fundamentally and technically.   

Let us not be after the percentage of the results.

Let us  be strong in our profession and let us erase an impression that anybody can pass CA, without any standards.

Sorry, if any of my personal views hurt.

Venkateswara Rao Sapare

1 Like

@VaibhavJ (Believe!! Live your dreams!)   (33506 Points)
Replied 28 November 2012

Hi All

So can we ask CACLUBINDIA to give us platform wherein views of students can be addressed by  ICAI or can be sent to ICAI as a suggetion or grivence.

@ admin can we have such place here at CCI.

Thanks 

Replied 28 November 2012

Mr Sapare

Passing CA without standards is never Doubted or commented, But the Policies of ICAI are being widely commented here sir, With due regards to what you have said I Humbly request you to read the Post given here by me & all other Members on this thread.

Level & type of Knowledge incorporated in the Sylbs by ICAI is just too Good matching all high standards but ICAI & its Policies better not to comment at this juncture till it is not asked here by anybody

BUT SIR TELL ME CHECKING THE PAPERS IN A RAILWAY TRAIN MATCHES WHICH LEVEL OF STANDARDS. & ASLO FORGETTING TO CHECK THE ANSWERS IN THE PAPERS ALSO REFLECTS WHAT LEVEL OF STANDARDS. SIR YOU WANT A CONFIRMATION TO WHAT I SAID THEN REFER THE KARNATAKA HC JUDGEMENT OF 7th NOV IN CASE OF MR S SUHAS v/s ICAI OF 2012 THE COURT HAS POINTED OUT THAT ANSWERS IN THE PAPER WERE NOT CHECKED & ICAI NEED TO CHECK & AWARD MARKS.

SIR BE SURE IF DR SANGITA WILL SAY ANYTHING AGAINST ANY ISSUE OR ANYBODY THEN IT WOULD ALWAYS BE BACKED BY A CONCRETE EVIDENCE. SIR I WILL NEVER MAKE AN AIRY STATEMENT TO TARNISH MY PERSONALITY.

SIR SEE THE POST GIVEN BY ONE MR SATISH ON PAGE 1 OF THIS FORUM. HE SAYS HE ATTEMPTED 50 MARKS & GETS 59. IS THIS STANDARD OR MOCKERY OF THE SELF PROCLAIMED FULL  EXAMINATION & CHECKING SYSTEM ? ANY REPLY ON THIS SIR. ITS NOT MY POST OR EXPERIENCE BUT SOME OTHER MEMBER HAS POSTED THIS

one of my friend got 43 marks in one of IPCC paper. He has got Certified copy of that paper. by seeing that, he shocked.... as per the certified copy, he was given only 36 marks. for one of the questions of 10Marks, he was given only 1 mark just for one mistate. The answer is similar to Suggested answer exept one sentence. If the valuation is like this, When can we pass. In my case , i got 59 marks in ca-final financial reporting. I attended only for 50 marks. i expected 30 marks. can any body justify this. In PE-II i got 59 marks in four subjects. what made them not to give one more mark Message Thanked by (Total thanks : 1) ASHISH PATHAK

Read more at: /forum/details.asp?mod_id=229029&offset=1#.ULX9WWdZdSo

Replied 28 November 2012

Sir CACLUBINDIA may not be in a position to provide you the Platform what actually is required coz its a commercial site with its own limitations on its Objects & Interests. viz a business oriented entity would never want to get into any tussles with that area from where it has the maximum Customer / Membership base, If the Issue raised clicks then the Platform would become a Hot site else it can even backfire & Sir looking at this how will an established Business venture take an unwanted task of Risk, SO ITS JUST BEIMMANI TO EXPECT CACLUBINDIA TO GIVE A PLATFORM FOR RAISING VOICE AGST ICAI> Sir I tell you when some members were posting court Judgements & updates being agst ICAI on CAClub, that time too CACLUB was just deleting the same without any notice

Replied 28 November 2012

OK friends It was just nice to be here since 2 hrs as I had a very nice & meaningful Pass time to overcome my tedious wait for my Flight. Next 15 mins Boarding will be announced & I will leave to join you later or Tomoro. See you all wishing you all a very Happy & lovely Evening

Dr Sangita

ganesh (articles) (45 Points)
Replied 29 November 2012

Hi 

I can understand your frustration, even I too in the same way. But get clarity over why you want to become a CA, either to make money or is it your aim to be a CA. If it is your aim it should be like a sincere love towards our beloved, means you want to be a CA cuz you love CA. If for making money ,  CA is not the only way. And if we come to job issue...  Right our economy isnt in good condition. No company is in in a position to afford CA's with impressive salaries. It doesnt mean CA has no value. If economy grows and in need of us, job will be ready to a person who just passed 10th class. Good days are in front Anna. Dont feel like that. If you sincerely put your efforts on anything, it ll in turn useful to you in anyway. Efforts never fail unless they for bad aims..

Regards

Ganesh

1 Like

FUTURE CA (student) (497 Points)
Replied 29 November 2012

in CA the pains we take to pass the course, doesnot match with the gains that we get after passing the course.

I see various posts which talk about ca's ready to work for 10k, 15k and so on.

we take so much pains. we spend a lot of years struggling to complete the course.

Atlast is this what we get? no course has this horrible slavery concept(articleship).

After carrying a lot of hopes is this what we are facing? Iam awaiting my final result. Really terrifying and dissapointing to hear about the current situation of ca's.

Satish Makam (Asst. Manager - Accounts)   (294 Points)
Replied 30 November 2012

Originally posted by : ganesh

Hi 

I can understand your frustration, even I too in the same way. But get clarity over why you want to become a CA, either to make money or is it your aim to be a CA. If it is your aim it should be like a sincere love towards our beloved, means you want to be a CA cuz you love CA. If for making money ,  CA is not the only way. And if we come to job issue...  Right our economy isnt in good condition. No company is in in a position to afford CA's with impressive salaries. It doesnt mean CA has no value. If economy grows and in need of us, job will be ready to a person who just passed 10th class. Good days are in front Anna. Dont feel like that. If you sincerely put your efforts on anything, it ll in turn useful to you in anyway. Efforts never fail unless they for bad aims..

Regards

Ganesh

ganesh thanks for ur advise.

Already i have wasted almost 7 years. Now, if i leave the course, what should i do.

for those who have passed mba and engineerings are not getting any jobs. who is offering job for a 10th passed fellow. Now a days, for a office boy post, they are asking 10th class. dont tell me the story of bill gates, who failed 7th class.

Moyyad Zapawala (Chartered Accountant) (425 Points)
Replied 30 November 2012

Hello Friends,

As per my opinion CA Course is not fully wasted at all. A lot of CA's getting good package also, because it depends upon your skill, talent, knowledge, conceptually understanding, your behaviour and your communication skill. Due to lack of this after passing CA final, many qualified guys does not get job.  So, kindly I request you to all guys please do not write any of this article here, because it destroyes others moral.

Thanks

Nikhil Saraf (Chartered Accountant) (50 Points)
Replied 03 December 2012

We all want ICAI to be perfect. Is that possible without us being the same?

Friends, criticism is good, but it has to be constructive.

Mr GNB, Dear Friend, it doesnt take a Sheldon Cooper to fulfill your aim. You can do a Big bang being yourself. We all have a choice. We, in the forum, have chosen to become Chartered Accountants. Many choose Engineering. My friend is a software enginner and he works in Oracle. Even they need Chartered Accountants to develop their ERP systems. Just as you cant compare Sir Sachin Tendulkar with Sir Amitabh Bachchan, same is the case with Accounting and Engineering.

Even I can question you and ask you to become an Investment Banker and not become an Engineer. Harish Salve is a Chartered Accountant but he chose to practice as a Lawyer. Opportunities? He earns more than 30 lakhs per day (not a typo). Creating opportunities is in our hands. Even a booming economy does have a lot of sick companies. You have any guarantee you wont be given a pink slip when the economy is at its worst?

Enterprenuerial Spirit matters, whatever be your qualification, hence the attitude.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: