Waybill help

Dear sir,
I live in West bengal and the threshold limit for intrastate is 1,00,000 here. I have to make bill for a party having registered office in Karnataka. So buyer's address is at Karnataka. But I have to deliver the items at their Kolkata (West Bengal) office and my invoice value is 70,000.

My question, should I need to make waybill? Actually I am delivering intrastate but billing interstate.
Replies (5)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies when an e-way bill is required for goods movement. Even if your invoice is addressed to an interstate party (Karnataka), if the goods are delivered within West Bengal and the invoice value is below the intrastate threshold of ₹1,00,000, an e-way bill is not necessary. The key factor is the movement of goods, not the billing address, and this should be correctly reflected on your tax invoice.

No, e-way bill not required because it's less than 1,00,000/-
e-way bill is on movement of goods and as your movement of Goods is intra State, So limit relating to intra state is applicable to you.

It's bill to Karnataka address ,ship to Kolkata address..You have to mention this in tax invoice issued.
Thank You.
But one confusion, When I shall file GSTR1, I have to show this INTERSTATE sale (As I am billing it) but since I didn’t make any waybill, wont there be any problem in future?
No problem sir,
it's as per law.
there is nothing to do with you are charging CGST/SGST Or IGST in bill, it's depends upon movement of Goods.
Got it. 😊 Thanks for such help.
You're most welcome......

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details