Easy Office

Want To Be Successful in Life ? Sleep less...

Page no : 3

SAMIR KUMAR (CA FINAL(GR. I CLEARED) CFA (IND))   (521 Points)
Replied 25 September 2012

VERY ENCOURAGING ARTICLE AT THE RIGHT TIME { EXAM TIME}.

THANKS VEERAL.

1 Like

Budding Professional (B.Com, CA & CS FINAL) (1686 Points)
Replied 25 September 2012

Originally posted by : Hari H

I fail to understand Why exactly  you felt offended by my post ?? is it because of your name and Harbhajan's name ends with SINGH?? 

Don't come up with posts that give the impression of invoking racism.

Had I exactly felt offended, I would have come up with scathing statement, instead of just giving the treatment. And talking of Harbhajan, its publicly known that how he came back and why he had to sit out? So, no specific disclosures needed as were needed in the earlier case.

I keep such expectations only from the exceptions, so I don't need to erase anything, .cheeky

(Guest)
Originally posted by : NEERAJ SINGH

Don't come up with posts that give the impression of invoking racism.

Am not trying to invoke racism, otherwise Bantasingh wouldnt have become my best friend.

CS Ankur Srivastava (Company Secretary & Compliance Officer)   (17848 Points)
Replied 26 September 2012

Wonderful post... nice sharing Veeral ji...

1 Like

(Guest)

Thank you Ankurji and everyone who appreciated this article or commented on it. I hope that it will help each one of us in bringing transformations in life.

Regards,

Veeral Gandhi

1 Like

CS Ankur Srivastava (Company Secretary & Compliance Officer)   (17848 Points)

And Veeral ji...

By the Way you are the Learned Member and Learned person as well....

1 Like

(Guest)

Thank you Ankurji, for your words of appreciation. In fact, I was inspired to join this club by reading scholarly articles and posts by esteemed members like you, Ankur Garg, Neha Jain, Ajayji Mishra...

It is you all who inspired me to make some efforts to increase my knowledge. I made some blunders, I accept... I apologize if I hurt anbody in midst of discussions. But, at the end of the day, I revere you all. Members like you act as a source of inspiration not only for me but for any aspiring professional.

Thank you once again Ankurji,  for your words of encouragement. I feel humbled...

1 Like

Originally posted by : Veeral Gandhi

Thank you Ankurji and everyone who appreciated this article or commented on it. I hope that it will help each one of us in bringing transformations in life.

Regards,

Veeral Gandhi

Once again Sir, that was a wonderful post that you came up with. We need more from you and the esteemed members in our pursuit towards professionalism.

And apologies that I made the conversation look murkier and loose a bit of sheen as we were approaching the business end of it with the last couple of posts of mine, I will take note of that in the future.

1 Like

(Guest)

Neeraj, you need not apologise. Infact, you added more value to the conversation in the beginning. I have high regards for you as well, as you have lot of grey matter. Even I committed mistakes like you in recent past.  We are not God. Thus, to err is human. When we commit mistakes, we can not carry it like a baggage throughout our life. You just apologize, rectify it and move ahead...Why to unnecessarily carry that baggage of guilt till the death bed ?

And yes, as regards wonderful posts, now it is your time to contribute something ! We want to read something from you dear...smiley

1 Like

Its always an honour to be showered with pleasantries, but as I mentioned earlier I am still amateur and seek the rich intellectuals an enlightenment from the legends of CCI.

And I have nothing alien as of now to cite, happy giving opinions on the quality discussions going on. But very soon I will come up with something unusual..

1 Like

Replied 28 September 2012

Last night while sleeping, I was just thinking what SLEEP is and I arrived to the following conclusion about what SLEEP is actually:

SLEEP - Unless otherwise stated, notwithstanding anything to the contrary, and other variables being desired, SLEEP is anything but;

S - Structurally Unconscious, Inactive and

L - Lethargic State of Mind and Body leading to

E - Efficiency and

E - Energy Regaining

P - Process

specifically aimed at towards getting back to levels of normal energy, synergy, capability and functionality of human bodily and mental functions to be able to perform the routine duties and activities with the required levels of application, attention, dedication and commitment so as to get the desired and required results, outcomes in the best interest of oneself, leading to mutual benefits of family, group, society, organisation, nation and the entire civilisation, thus translating into channelisation and establishment of peace, harmony, humanity, tranquility and elimination of unworthy, unhealthy concerns, thereby making the world a better place to live in, but also is an activity, the failure to decide the right quantum of which, may lead one towards dissatisfaction from actions, outcomes, and may drive towards self destruction and deterioration, alongwith having some seriously far reaching implications in one's life, and therefore affecting the same of a large group of existence forming to, consisting of and including but not limited to human, civil, social, cultural, political, legal, commercial, environmental, biological and geographical elements, altogether leading to the cycle called LIFE.

Views are personal.

1 Like

CA Dheeraj S (Practicing CA) (427 Points)
Replied 17 October 2012

Fantastic article...:). Keep up the good work :)

1 Like

stapes1stapes1 (CA Business) (24 Points)
Replied 14 November 2012

Originally posted by : CS Veeral Gandhi

You prepared a very nice discussion. It's a pleasure for me to read. Not only is the quantity of sleep important but also the quality of sleep. Some people sleep 8 or 9 hours a night but don’t feel well rested when they wake up because the quality of their sleep is poor.

Especially nasal breathing problems,obesity, alcohol and muscle relaxant drugs using can cause to deterioration of the sleep quality. According to the American National Institutes of Health, the average adult sleeps less than 7 hours per night, 6 or 7 hours of sleep may sound pretty good.

Most healthy adults need between 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep per night to function at their best.

You can read the article about sleep deprivation and sleep at wikipedia

Greetings to all.

Murat

Want To Be Successful in Life ? Sleep less…

“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn,” is a very popular quote by Mahatma Gandhi.

Researchers claim that people need around 8 hours of sleep to function properly. But that's not true for everybody. A small group (1 to 3 percent) of the population are among the "sleepless elite" who are able to get by happily on just a few hours of sleep.

Stories abound of business leaders who don't sleep much. Martha Stewart has claimed to sleep about four hours a night, as has Indra Nooyi, the CEO of PepsiCo. Her predecessor, Steve Reinemund, has gotten up around 5 a.m. to run 4 miles most mornings of his life after going to bed around 11. "I sleep normally between five, six hours," he said in an interview. "I've never gotten more." But it seems to be enough: "Most of the time I don't wake up with an alarm."

Donald Trump, Chairman of Trump Organisation, sleeps 3-4 hours a day.

Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama sleep just 5-6 hours a day

Yahoo CEO, Marrisa Mayer and Twitter founder Jack Dorsey sleeps 4-6 hours a day.

Margaret Thatcher slept 4 hours a day

Leonardo Da Vinci, was able to stay awake and alert almost 22 hours of every day, all the while working on brilliant artworks and inventions. He slept only 1.5 - 2 hours a day taking a nap 15 - 20 minutes for every four hours that he was awake.

Thomas Jefferson slept only 2 hours a day.

Thomas Edison, the great scientist remarked that he slept less than 5 hours a night.

Sir Isaac Newton needed 3-4 hours of sleep daily.

Some sources say that Napoleon slept only from 12 p.m. to 2 a.m., and then he woke up, worked and went to bed again at 5 a.m. and woke up at 7 a.m. It means he slept only 4 hours a night.

Those who gave us famous quote: "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." -  Benjamin Franklin slept 2-4 hours a night.

Winston Churchill was said to sleep 5 hours a night on average. He would wake at 8, spend the morning in bed reading papers, dictating letters, etc., take a long nap at tea time, and work till as late as 3 am. He averaged 5-6 hours of sleep per day.

The fact that people spend about one-third of their lives asleep (roughly eight hours out of every twenty-four-hour day) is quite  mind boggling !

Thus, sleeping less is one of the best investments you can make to make your life more productive and rewarding. Most people do not need more than 6 hours to maintain an excellent state of health. Try getting up one hour earlier for 21 days and it will develop into a powerful habit. Remember, it is the quality not the quantity of sleep that is important. And just imagine having an extra 30 hours a month to spend on the things that are important to you !

Wish you a life of  full-consciousness !

Warm Regards,

Veeral Gandhi

Dixit (CA Final) (2405 Points)
Replied 12 December 2012

Nice Post Sir........

mudit (articled assistance) (21 Points)
Replied 25 November 2013

its helpful indeed.. major problem with us is that we think that studying for unintrupted hours results in fatigue leading to sleep.. as the matter of fact, fatigue has nothing to do with sleep(as students).. studies show that only people doing physical labour have fatigue.. our mind is so powerful that it works all the time giving short breaks to its muscles every second.. and it doesn't require any rest.. the thing which makes us tired is our eyes.. eyes, being the 576 megapixel camera, requires 25% of mental ennergy.. and if we take small naps of 20 minutes every 4-5 hours.. we don't need sleep.. simple as that..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: