Easy Office
LCI Learning

Tranfer/Termination of Articleship

Page no : 3

(Guest)

Now some one would argue that Articleship is for learning & not for earning,,,... & IF u go to any other courses like engg. students are not paid during thaeir training time..Rather they have to pAy their employers forteaching something.....Agreed ...Completely...But have u noted that time frame....THey might have to work for 8 moths or 1 year while we have to work for MInimum THREE years....

And have u ever thoght about a student who face some financial problems ......How difficult it would be to manage with such a meagre stipend for 3 consecutive years..... DONt think that if someone cant afford to work in a lesser stipend than he should not have joined this course...(U m8 be right BUt then this is the only course which is little cheaper than other higher educational courses..)& otherwise also, every one has a right to choose one's own profession...Isnt it?

(Guest)

Now, suppose a student who is very brilliant in his acacdemics, & already holds another degree from a reputed institution lets say ICWA, has joined CA course & wherein he is supposed to & doing his articleship....Is the stipend paid to him is justified looking at his academics acheivement or holding  such a prestigious degree....

(Guest)

4. Now, coming to the new rules framed for students.....

In that ICAI has prescribed certain time duration for working hours....It should be between 9.30amto 5.30 pm...How many of the readers think that its going to be followed by the members? Except some few exception, most of the members would agree or even started following this rule partially by calling article trainees at 9.30 am..BUt would not be happy to leave them at 5.30...

Are student not right in demanding ICAI to follow in the strict sense???I mean they have their studies to focus on...Forget about personal life...it dies on the day when u join articleship....most of the articles come half deadly every day at home....Subah utho...bhago...poora din kaam karo....classes attend karo...ghar aao aur so jaao..fir vapis utho aur bhago...Life becomes a mechanically routine schedule for almost 3 years....In such a small age...

Cant institute think about students' position???Some members would think that,"HELLO!!!U r not the only student who are going through this phase....We too had faced the similar or might be worst conditions when we were students"....Yes, totally agreed....& I congratulate to all of u for that....But is it necessary that the same tradition should be followed by the present generation as well?Especially when many things can be done for betterment of  students..But who cares here??RIght?

(Guest)

TO be continued...

Would post it shortly..

(Guest)

5. Coming to the Big 4 article student. They are the most exploited students in the whole community of students. (Pay is good compared to others but exploited widely in terms of time resource. I dont know how they all manage to study & get good marks.. Hats off to u all ...!!!!But here, everyone knows that they dont follow the rule of maximum working hours BUt every one keeps mum because they do provide good exposure.But  what about study leave?

Institute should understand that First we all are students & than an article....& should frame the rules accordingly.

(Guest)

6.The most imporatnt point as to why students should be allowed to take transfer is that as a learner, they should  all be provided with a fair, just & equal opportunity to get exposures in all kinds of major areas.I know everyone cant get exposure in all the areas..but then transfer provides a door to choose the work exposure in the students career interests.Just because, transfer formalities increase the workload of ICAI staff.....It should not be banned completely..

With these points, I conclude my views on it ..I hope I m not missing out anything. & would help people to have the snapshot of  articles life.

And for the solution to these problems u can read the post  " constructive things we can do in current CA system."-originally posted by MR. Vidyashankar.

CA Tilak Raj Sharma (Practising CA in Solan (H.P.))   (6374 Points)
Replied 06 July 2009

Good job Lucky.........carry on..

Replied 06 July 2009

Hello OILTRADER, Yes your case is genuine. You can say that Your BOSS is little bit secured with this rule. Timing are not genunie in your case. The best option you will join some classes in the evening then your boss has to free you early. You can also tell your boss that you cannot stay upto 8. You have to become bold then nobody can misuse you. I have also done this during my time and then my boss become little bit normal. Best of Luck.

(Guest)

I missed 2 more points....While analysing any situation I have to think from all the possible angles....& this one is form Principal's angle., SO that no one should feel that I am not rational in my thoughts.

7. This transfer ban equally & adversally affect members aswell. Now wondering how?Let me explain it.

Suppose, a CA has 4 articles, 2 are senior cleared CA Finalists  & two are CPT passed students..Obviously CA Finalists have much more practical knowledge Than CPT passed ones.ANd they are the one who would teach their juniors. WHen they complete their articleship, two vacancies are created which would be filled up with two CPT students...(Members cant get CA FInal easily due to transfer restrictions )...& have to teach them afresh.If they dont get time, then they have to employ professional staff which would further increase their project costs....Obviously, this would be a great loss...but members would take some time to realise this issue & feel happy that they get long term labourers at cheaper rate... Hope...they realise that they are sacrificng quality employees  & also join this protest, like u Tilak sir.

8. Many of the members argue that these new rules are meant for stopping dummy thing. I do not see that it would stop dummy at all. Rather, it can increase it. See, the people who are already going dummy is not going to be affected by this new rule...& The students who are clearing CPT would think 100 times before joining articleship due to this ban. As due to this ban, students would feel that if I go for a genuine articleship, then I cant take transfer under my relative CA ,in case something goes wrong here. So, suppose if things go wrong & Have a fight with my boss & denies giving me study leave then? So, they feel that right now, get registered under my relative CA & get a dummy & when transfer ban is removed, I would opt for genuine articleship Or sometimes not at all a genuine articleship....

(Guest)

I thank u Mayank  & TIlak sir for motivating me.

(Guest)

I agree with lucky.... It speaks of my mind

aafreen (article trainee) (50 Points)
Replied 06 July 2009

Jus wanted to know even in the case of trasfer on account of secondment basis, form 109,102 and 103 have to be filled and sent to the Institute

Replied 06 July 2009

I don't remember the numbers but one form for transfer and other for your working sheet will be sent to ICAI.

oiltrader (xyz) (95 Points)
Replied 06 July 2009

thank you sir.

lookng forward to join some coaching classes. would be always thankfull to you.

but dont you think sir many other articles would be suffering from the same problem as i am suffering from ?

cant the ICAI do something about this ?

Deepak kumar sahoo (Student) (87 Points)
Replied 06 January 2011

We are now facing the problems due to a few unscrupulous auditors. Therefore to protect Student's Interest the Institute should withdraw the notification of NON-TRANSFERABILITY OF ARTICLESHIP Provision.

Some of them are behaving us like Bonded Laborers and even if we are not getting enough exposure we are required to continue with the same. This is against the Constitutional Freedom Provided to the Citizens in our country. More students are taking DUMMY ARTICLESHIP due to this hardship.

We all should request our Institute to stand on our behalf and save the student’s Interest. As I personally think that we the students of ICAI are the backbone and future of ICAI and the Profession.

If the whole world is adopting Free Market Mechanism then why our institute can’t. We all have seen the failure of our beloved mother India up to 1991 due to the License Raj and Protectionism . The same should not happen again in our Profession.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: