Easy Office
LCI Learning

Standard Deduction of Marks in PCC Results

Page no : 3

CA Diwakar (CA) (33 Points)
Replied 01 February 2010

Originally posted by : vijay
nobody knows whether the results are manupulated or not but one thing is cleared that the answers are provided by the institute to the examiners and if a student adopt some different set of assumptions than i don't think he is awarded rightfully some answers given in suggested answers provided by institutes are absolutely wrong and some may have different answers also for example in financial management while calculating pay back period the salvage value should not be cnsidered evenly earned during the year because it will arise only in the end but in suggested answers it is also considered with operating cash flow of last year and no faculty no coaching centre how the famous they are not taking note of it they just follow the answer given by institute they dont have any own idea, concept if a student is intelligent enough to think differently he will be punished

I think that alternative solutions are provided to examiners and they check accordingly.....

And such problems are also there in working capital management questions.

when new business is started then some times they are making adjustments for pur of RM nd WIP in Credts for pur and some times they are not doing so.....????????

Ajay k (Consultant) (91 Points)
Replied 01 February 2010

My Dear fellow colleagues......check sec. 39(2) of Chartered Accountants Regulation 1988, as per which, the council is empowered to revise the marks (from what the student has actually obtained, it could be an increase or decrease) of all the students or a section of the students in order to maintain the pass percentage. (i.e., overall pass % of all the students in an attempt)

Now the question arises, who decides whats the right percentage?? and on what basis??

The best part is, such power to the council has been given by our government......

When enquired with the institute, they say, they have never utilized such power to the advantage or disadvantage of a student on the basis of caste, religion, place etc. Which indirectly means, there could be some other basis or could have been random or uniform to all......

The only way that the institute can prove that wrong is by giving copies of the answer scriptts to the students and also disclosing the answer key (to check if it matches with the suggested answers given by the institute).....

I don't know why the institute is making such a fuss about it......they will have to give it one day or the other in order to prove they are transparent........ When institute is giving answer scriptts to students who have passed.....why not to those who have failed......

Mr. T.N. Manoharan has recently, in his visit to Erode, mentioned that the Institute is seriously thinking of providing the answer papers in order to bring in transperancy....

checkout this link: https://www.hindu.com/2010/02/01/stories/2010020159300300.htm

Ironically a lot of faculty members of private coaching classes have given copies of such answer keys to the student.....

So why should only the students going to such coaching classes benefit from such information.....the Institute should be transperent in its approach in order to repose faith among the student community....

They problem of the student community is that, we don't have a strong student's union/association, which could stand united and be heard......everyone is scattered.....

The students can come up with much better ideas for a very good educational system......

The students are never taken into confidence when the course is altered or upgraded......

with more than 1 lakh students.....its high time we had a strong union, so that no one can take us for granted......

The institute should realize that there definitely is some problem with our education system....and thats why there is so much of resentment..... if there was no problem....there would not be large scale opposition....

If nothing improves, im sure one day the students will go on the streets protesting.....

Attached File : 12 ca rti case.pdf downloaded: 110 times

bhavin (article cleark) (40 Points)
Replied 01 February 2010

no this like rumours its never be possible..they simply assess the paper..

CA Harish Suwalka (Chartered Accountant ( Bhilwara ))   (4125 Points)
Replied 01 February 2010

i feel really bad when i hear about satandard Deduction

those who are saying that it is just a rumour... than either they are blind or they dont want to even face the truth

here below, i am quoating a announcement of icai read this and tha n do revise your posts

39. Examination Results

1. (a) A list of candidates declared successful at each examination shall be published

(b) The names of candidates obtaining distinction in the examination shall be indicated in the list

(c) Every candidate shall be individually informed of his result.

2. The Council may, in its discretion, revise the marks obtained by all candidates or a section of candidates in any particular paper or papers or in the aggregate in such manner as may be considered necessary, for maintaining the standards of pass percentage provided in these Regulations.
    ( what is this)

Explanation - The term "section" used in this sub regulation refers to the category of the candidates whose answer papers are value by an examiner and such other category of candidates as may be specified by the Council.

link : https://www.icai.org/post.html?post_id=767

Don’t be so surprise guyz....even icai is accepting there standard deduction but some ^&%$% lickerz of icai's  don’t want to accept it and in spite of accepting they teach us the "be positive " lessions......when a student is nervously waiting for his result and than you start to play with his heartbeat by delaying the result without any strong reason... it is just a shame on icai

if there is any valid reason behind this or it is an technical failure than icai should have accepted it in June results but they made that thing secret that why was the results got dealys.....

my nervousness has gone fade and now I m a bit furious on icai 's way of working

1 Like

Puneet (learner) (105 Points)
Replied 01 February 2010

ya i think so that there is a prcedure to make result low.

But in my opnion it is right to make result percentage low. othrwise we will be equal with Mcom or Bed

Amit chechani (Articleship) (56 Points)
Replied 01 February 2010

Originally posted by : Puneet

ya i think so that there is a prcedure to make result low.

But in my opnion it is right to make result percentage low. othrwise we will be equal with Mcom or Bed

yaar acording to me if you want low result than let the papers be the toughest...

but you make papers fair enough and than decrease the result .....only god knows what parameters they use for this

but just think it will be better if the papers were tough but we should have to be given the credit what we have written in exams....

sarfaraz shahid (articled assistant) (26 Points)
Replied 01 February 2010

i agree with those of you who think that the results are manipulated. let me share a personal experience with u guys. my friend who had given both the groups of pcc in june' 09 without any preparation and was sure that he would not get more than 30 in any of the papers got 60 (E) in the auditing paper. Instead of being happy about it, he has become doubtful about the results and and so am i

sarfaraz shahid (articled assistant) (26 Points)
Replied 01 February 2010

i agree with those of you who think that the results are manipulated. let me share a personal experience with u guys. my friend who had given both the groups of pcc in june' 09 without any preparation and was sure that he would not get more than 30 in any of the papers got 60 (E) in the auditing paper. Instead of being happy about it, he has become doubtful about the results and and so am i

CA Harish Suwalka (Chartered Accountant ( Bhilwara ))   (4125 Points)
Replied 01 February 2010

Originally posted by : sarfaraz shahid

this happened many times

even in my case in my nov 08 attempt

my accounts was disastrous and my audit was splendid

but surprisingly i got more marks in accounts than audit...this is when i was scaring to fail in accounts and hoping to exempt the audit...

that time i confirmed one thing in my mind that icai's results are purely ill-logical

girish (article) (567 Points)
Replied 01 February 2010

Originally posted by : Ajay k

My Dear fellow colleagues......check sec. 39(2) of Chartered Accountants Regulation 1988, as per which, the council is empowered to revise the marks (from what the student has actually obtained, it could be an increase or decrease) of all the students or a section of the students in order to maintain the pass percentage. (i.e., overall pass % of all the students in an attempt)

Now the question arises, who decides whats the right percentage?? and on what basis??

The best part is, such power to the council has been given by our government......

When enquired with the institute, they say, they have never utilized such power to the advantage or disadvantage of a student on the basis of caste, religion, place etc. Which indirectly means, there could be some other basis or could have been random or uniform to all......

The only way that the institute can prove that wrong is by giving copies of the answer scripttts to the students and also disclosing the answer key (to check if it matches with the suggested answers given by the institute).....

I don't know why the institute is making such a fuss about it......they will have to give it one day or the other in order to prove they are transparent........ When institute is giving answer scripttts to students who have passed.....why not to those who have failed......

Mr. T.N. Manoharan has recently, in his visit to Erode, mentioned that the Institute is seriously thinking of providing the answer papers in order to bring in transperancy....

checkout this link: https://www.hindu.com/2010/02/01/stories/2010020159300300.htm

Ironically a lot of faculty members of private coaching classes have given copies of such answer keys to the student.....

So why should only the students going to such coaching classes benefit from such information.....the Institute should be transperent in its approach in order to repose faith among the student community....

They problem of the student community is that, we don't have a strong student's union/association, which could stand united and be heard......everyone is scattered.....

The students can come up with much better ideas for a very good educational system......

The students are never taken into confidence when the course is altered or upgraded......

with more than 1 lakh students.....its high time we had a strong union, so that no one can take us for granted......

The institute should realize that there definitely is some problem with our education system....and thats why there is so much of resentment..... if there was no problem....there would not be large scale opposition....

If nothing improves, im sure one day the students will go on the streets protesting.....

Students will remain as student for few years but once after qulifying CA they become member for lifetime !! So logic is simple why we are not having Strong student association. Better to keep away from associations and concentrate on studies.

chandu (Articled Assistant) (25 Points)
Replied 05 February 2010

Originally posted by : Chetan Gupta

Hey Can Anyone tell me that is this thing Correct that the Institute deducts marks of all the students to keep the passing percentage low.

All say this is done by the Institute and it is known as STANDARD DEDUCTION.

If it is done, then is it Fair, reasonable and Non-Objectionable?

Or

Should we students have to raise our Voice against it Socially?
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Examination Results, Nov 2009

Professional Competence Examination Results

ROLL Number
16149  *Check Merit
Name
CHANDRESHKUMAR J HARSODA
Group I
Advanced Accounting
Auditing and Assurance
Law, Ethics and Communication
Total
Result
FAIL
Grand Total

Check Another Roll Number || Home

THIS IS THE STANDERD DEDUCTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: