Sole Proprietor : Selling Software Products - Tax Question

I am a sole proprietor having a turnover of around 1.2 Crore selling software consulting services. 

I am planning to sell a few of my software products for around $450K. Just wanted to understand the tax implications because 30-40% tax on the deal value will significantly reduce the profit margin and then the deal would not be favorable. 

I wanted to understand whether I should go for selling these products or wait. The buyer is from USA so it will be an international transaction. 

 

 

Replies (1)
Check your inbox

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details