ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Revision during exam days

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21607 Points)

25 May 2011  

Revision of subjects

Revision is an important aspect of study. If this is done in a proper way, then it reduces the stress of exam day. Because there  are just some hours to revise for the whole study material. But if you are unable to grasp the whole course in your revision days, it creates a lots of stress in mind which create more and more nervousness.

A wise decision ------

Every good thing start with a good decision . So ,First of all decide what you really want to revise because if you really want to study tax and reading costing at the main moment ,then you may end up your time by just sauntering your mind here and there in books.So be cautious about this aspect. Because  this is a mistake that we usually do without even realizing it.

Time wastage    --------

Suppose you have allotted 3 days for revision of every subject. And then you have wasted your 1.5 days in costing and done nothing. You may feel its better to switch off to another subject now.

But this philosophy is not so appropriate . Because it will create more questions in mind like now “I have wasted my whole day in costing. Now just 1 day more left to do tax  as according to the planning schedule.”

Smart choice ------

You have already wasted or rather said invested your day in preparing the same subject which you don’t want to study at the same moment. But still you put your hard work in the same. So changing the subject will break down the rhythm of your preparation.

Be firm      ---------

So its better not to change the subject. Stick to the same subject  which you are reading. As because its necessary to get marks in every paper. So convince your mind calmly rather then  making yourself confuse.

Smart move     -----

Revision work is not just about deciding what to read , but also a glance of how to do the best in the minimum time. So make a time schedule accordingly. First of all know what you have to cover in your syllabus in which time limit.

Allotting time 

Allot the chapter on 3 basis

Chapter ‘s name

Level of  difficulty

Time you will take in doing the  same

It will give you a clear picture of the time will be taken by you. Because most of time we are not bothered with the course , but with the question that wheather we will be able to do the same or not ?

Proper backup ------

After finishing the same , you need to revise the same with the compiler or scanner. As it will give you the clear picture of  how well you prepared .And you will also be in touch with the question pattern of exams.

These are just ideas , implementation is in your hands. Have a happy reading:).

Conclusion

Sometimes a Hope even, can give the power of patience to do the work more wisely, if it shows the right direction.

Regards

Renu

38 Replies

Pradip Narsingani (Income Tax & GST Consultant/ CA-Final)   (572 Points)
Replied 25 May 2011

Thanks for sharing./././ it's useful for make planing for studies 

1 Like

Raghunath Prasad (WORKING) (385 Points)
Replied 25 May 2011

good but i think wo dont fix time for revision

1 Like

Simranjeet Singh (Proprietor at S Simranjeet & Associates Company Secretaries)   (4396 Points)
Replied 25 May 2011

Good useful tips....... all valid points raised..........

i think during revision we should start from small chapters carrying good weightage because if you r allocating more time on a very imp topic then you may be able to score well in that......  but what abt other chapters........... following this we will get some sort of confidence that at least some portion of syllabus is covered rather than single or few topics... and then we will revert back confidently to those important and tricky topics ...

4 Like

(Guest)

good one for students

1 Like

Replied 25 May 2011

@ all ...

I am not talking about the whole strategy because it changes as per the question patterns n marks , n capability.

I am talking about the common mistakes we usually do without even knowing them.

so add your views here too .

3 Like

Divya Agarwal (Sr. Account Officer) (437 Points)
Replied 25 May 2011

good one for students thanks for sharing.... 

1 Like

Mukesh Kumar Singh (CA-FINAL) (4094 Points)
Replied 25 May 2011

very good

CA Navin Jain (MANAGER (FINANCE & ACCOUNTS))   (11763 Points)
Replied 25 May 2011

REVISION DURING THE EXAM

WHAT IS THE PROPER MEANING OF THE REVISION, REVISION MEANS GO THROUGH TO ANY THING WHICH WE HAVE COMPLETED? IF WE HAVE COMPLETED ANY THING FIRST TIME IN 2 DAYS, AND AFTER REVISION WE TAKEN 1 DAY FIRST TIME REVISION THEN TAKEN HALF DAY THEN TAKEN 4 HRS.

WHEN WE ANALYSES THAT WE HAVE COMPLETED ONE THING WITH IN 4 HRS WHICH HAS TAKEN 2 DAYS EARLIER  THEN OUR CONFIDENCE WILL GO TO HIGH.

WHEN OUR CONFIDENCE GOES TO HIGH, IT’S CALLED PROPER REVISION.

IN THE MY ENTIRE CA STUDENT LIFE, I NOTICED THAT MORE THAN 90% STUDENT OF CA NEVER COMPLETED THEIR SYLLABUS BEFORE TWO MONTHS OF THE STARTING OF THE EXAM.THIS IS THE BIG CAUSE OF THE FALIER OF THE STUDENTS IN CA EXAM

I WROTE THE MY BOTH GROUP OF CA FINAL EXAM IN MAY 2008 IN ENGLISH MEDIUM, BEFORE EARLIER I NEVER WROTE ANY EXAM IN ENGLISH MEDIUM. 

I STARED MY STUDY IN THE MONTH OF MAY 2007 AND COMPLETED ALL EIGHT SUBJECT ON FEB. 2008, I USED ONLY 6 TO 8 HRS IN THE LAST TWO MONTH FOR REVISE TO ALL SYLLABUS.

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY ALL CA STUDENT THAT IF YOU WANTS BECOME CA IN THE STIPULATE TIME THAN ALL SYLLABUS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE TWO MONTH OF APPEARING IN THE EXAM, OTHERWISE THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE OF PASS THE CA EXAM.

16 Like

(Guest)

Good to see Dear…just a few days after the Exams, you are writing on “REVISION”

Yours Tips are good. Some addition…

Purpose of Revision should be to “Dig” deeper the things which are already learned in first or second reading. Problem arise when One tries to dig farther [& not deeper] during Revision as we feel to take up newer topics [& not considering the Time Constraint].

Sticking to One Subject would help to concentrate better…& every next Topic in the same subject would be “Comparatively” easier to revise…

[Becoz of the Rhythm you are already into].

Nothing helps better during the Revision, than to read our own written Notes.

6 Like

Replied 25 May 2011

really a valid point added....

thanks a lot:)

2 Like

Hardik Dave (IPCC and CS Professional(FINAL) Student)   (15528 Points)
Replied 25 May 2011

Sister, Realy best impressive presentation, nice explanation about revision.smile. I agree with ur all points, this article is helpfull to all CA students. In last , positive approach is very helpful to all CA students.smile. Thanku for sharing this beautiful article.
1 Like

Atul Kumar (Article) (54 Points)
Replied 25 May 2011

thanxx alot

1 Like

Resham (Carpe Diem !!!) (6535 Points)
Replied 25 May 2011

Mmmm.... I agree with all the points here... But addition... I have a complete list of things that i felt are very very important for revision...( but unfortunately... it is somewhere stuck i between the pile of books... will search it... 
And am going to make a full fledged article on this... but ofcourse from a completely diff perspective...!!!

Thnks for this article !!!

the thing i liked the most in this one... This point...

Allotting time 

Allot the chapter on 3 basis

Chapter ‘s name

Level of difficulty

Time you will take in doing the  same

1 Like

(Guest)

sorry  guys  but  i  dnt  agree with the  views  given  by  u  all ,  on that  note  that  revision  are must there is  no dough  about that  ,  any  ca  student  if  read  the  book for  4  times  no one can  stop  him to get pass in that  subject  ,  now on the  prime  topic  the  revisions and  the way  u  should  revisied  each and  everything  is the  prime  matter  we are  suppose to discuss . 

i  prefer  to  revisie  from the  same  set of the books  which  i already  used before  ,  i  like  to revise  the  thing  which  i had  understood  very well so i can  present  them well in exam, what  i  found  many  of  us  revise  hard  topics  first  , i  like  to  make  a set  of   all the  questions  chapter :-

1. easy  to undestand , and  its  imp 

2. hard  to understand  , and  its  imp 

3. easy to undestand , and  not  imp 

4. hard  to   understand  and  not imp 

now  on this  4 things  i  first  take  up  the  chapter  which  is  first in rank ,  easy to understand and even they are  important  ,  in  revision  period  i  will  leave  the  4  th  completely  which  is  time  consuming  ,  not  able to understand and  even its not imp .

so  if  u  go by this  steps  u  will  able to  complete  the  revisions , again i m not  agree on that  point  that  ca  student  need to finish  everything  before  2  months  its  good  if  u can but  if  u cant then  there  is nothing to worry  about  its depends  upon person to person and the matter  to be taken  up in revisions 

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags