Rediscovering myself

CS LLB Pulkit Gupta (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-and-Promises/553962034682487)   (16631 Points)

26 August 2011  

NOTE- Friends lemme tell you in advance that you will not find any CA related stuff in this post. I have discussed the different phases in the life of a CA student. After a long time I am writing  for myself and not for others. I also request you to comment only after reading the whole stuff otherwise it w'd be better to stop reading right now.

REDISCOVERING MYSELF (अजनबी सी लगने लगी है मुझे ज़िंदगी) 

Friends for the first time I am experimenting with my writing skills by writing a prequel to one of my article, "Things to do before you die". In that article I discussed about dreams and their fulfillment. It was a coincidence that we have a movie coming later on the similar topic titled"Zindagi Milegi Na Doobara".
In this post I will discuss all the good things that we are missing in our life due to so called hectic schedules and our lust for name and fame.

"Who Am I?
Where did I come from?
Where will I go?
So much to do, so much to say
In this journey called Life
Where my first best friend is Myself"

Why so serious??? 

When I joined the esteemed profession of CA, I keep asking a question to myself that why on earth most of these guys give so serious looks and hardly have a smile on their face:/!!. Such seriousness and hard looks keeps on increasing as per their qualification. My friends used to tell me that,"Pulkit you have to leave you dream world (Sapno ki duniya) and come back to reality. You need to be more serious in your life. These guys have achieved so much by a mix of hard work and determination."
I used to reply,"That's fine and I respect that. But my question to them is why so serious??. To be successful in your life you don't need to leave your innocence. I hardly believe that these people are enjoying their life. Being successful and being happy are two different things".
धूप में हर पल जलती झुलसती 
पीपल की छाँव को भूलती यह ज़िंदगी 
हर पल पैसे के पीछे भागती 
थमती है ना है ठहरती यह ज़िंदगी 

I became a part of them
Well these discussions and arguments didn't came out with a proper result and on other hand time kept passing. In these 3 years I have progressed from a naughty CPT student to a serious Final aspirant. Development is a phase of life and it is good only when it brings positive out of you. I have become more matured. I have also learnt the tactics to survive in this fast moving world and have also adapted myself to this so called "Metropolitan culture". 
But I realized that I have slowly and gradually become one of them- "The group of serious people who hardly smiles". All I think about is being successful. PCC done then final. CA done then CFA.  Job, then own practice, good flat in NCR and so on....
God I can't believe that this is really happening with me !!
I am thinking abt. years when I am hardly living a moment.    
शहर की भीड़ में कहीं गुम होती 
हर मोड़ पर दर्ज़नो ठोकरे खाती ज़िंदगी 
भीड़ में भी है बिलकुल अकेली 
हर पल तन्हाई में डूबी यह ज़िंदगी 
Social interaction for us means chatting with friends on Facebook and tweeting on  twitter.
Social Networking से दूरियां मिटाती 
परिवार से फासले बढ़ाती यह ज़िंदगी 
Twitter पर रोज updates करती 
चिट्ठियों से दूर भागती यह ज़िंदगी
 If someone asks you that do you keep some time for yourself too then your instant reply will be-
"Offcourse. Each weekend I visit Select City Walk (a high profile mall in Delhi) or CP along with gf/bf/family and spend some quality time".  

But to be honest at a point of time such people will also start feeling the frustration out of their life.  
Burger- Pizza खा कर Coffee पीती 
घर की रोटी को तरसती यह ज़िंदगी 
बड़ी बड़ी Malls के चक्कर काटती 
नौचंदी के मेलों को भूलती यह ज़िंदगी 

Living Artificial Life

I was wondering that why I am not happy !!. Yaar I am going well professionally, living in the capital city with best malls, have good online friends and TV channels and internet to make me feel good.So what is lacking???
I got the answer to above question when I spent some time alone at a silent place near river bank.
I gone through the phase of self- realization.
 I asked myself some questions-
"When was the last time I visited my old school and spent time near the basketball court (which used to be our meeting spot during interval) or
"Gone on a long drive with my loved one " or
"Had a good interaction with the nature." or
"Has not called my best friend coz he didn't call me" or
"Behaved like a child"

Friends all of us are living in an artificial world. Even the best mall can't replace the beauty of nature.
“If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change”
 It is good to behave childish at a time. It is good to follow your dreams but that shouldn't prevent us from enjoying life. If you spend 5 days in corporate then reserve one day for nature and spend it with your loved ones. 
 गगन चुम्बी इमारतों में रात भर जागती 

चैन की नींद को तरसती यह ज़िंदगी 
हीटर और AC के चंगुल में रहती 

सर्दी की धूप और गर्मी की पुरवाई को भूलती यह ज़िंदगी   
Living without labels
Life is a miracle. And yet so many of us have become deadened to this simple idea. We mistakenly believe that because we know the word for items – a bird, a tree, a stone, a human being, etc – that we actually know these items. Nothing could be further from the truth. Even the most common everyday items hold unfathomable depth.In many ways, living without labels is about seeing the world as a young child would. Explore the world like never before...
See things are so simple and you don't need to make it complicated. So what you are looking for. Go and enjoy your life.......
My special thanks to one of my best friend Resham for explaining to me the real meaning of life and my brother Abhishek whose poem I have used in this article.  
Some of my other work:-