Read it at your won risk

Vikash Maheshwari (learner) (6358 Points)

27 December 2010  

Before I start up, let me justify the title “Read it at your own risk” (well it is if the admin has not changed it already. My last article was titled “Must read if waiting for results”& admin changed it to “utilization of time when waiting for results”, had they consulted me, I’d have suggested “extra edge”, sounds more catchy.Neverthe less, I think they did so because of the curiosity the title generated & I think too many views overloads the system or maybe there was nothing so important in that article that was a must read & that too before results. I guess admin was itself disappointed with the content that it didn’t want other members to be disappointed.

Phew......so much for the last article& you all must be wondering what’s with this article? Well it’s no life changing article, just something I felt like sharing. May be after reading all the way till the end, you might feel”yaar kya bakwaas likhta hai yeh bandha,isse accha toh mai audit,IT/SM ka boring se boring chapter khusi khusi kar leta.”

So that’s it....that’s all for my boring initial build up & if you have decided to read on then I shall finally reveal you my topic-“seven habits of a highly effective man”. It was a book I had read, well not exactly voluntarily but out of compulsion, in class 8 or so. At that time I was not at all interested in being effective and you can bet I was happy being a boy, who wanted to be a man? But today I know why my sir was so excited about the book. Its teachings were valuable which I learnt now.  I chose to write about it now because most of us are in a holiday mood, light mind, not so much exam pressure. There’s something about inspirational writings, it charges us up, may be not for long but after reading them,ek baar toh hum sabke man me zaroor aata hai”boss,this is so very true,aaj se hi I’ll try it”.But inspirational writings are like ice cream, tasty but melts quickly in the mouth & flavour vanishes.

I’ll just mention the 7 points, won’t go into detail discussion .We are people with very little patience & besides we being the students of CA,hume heading padh ke content ka andaaza lagane ki practice hai.Audit,IT/SM ko humne aise hi paar lagaya hai.And also these points are self explanatory. So here are the golden words:

1) Be proactive-change starts from within

2) Begin with the end in mind

3) Think Win-Win

4) Do each & everything as if you are doing it for the 1st & the last time

5) Plan well-carpenter’s rule “measure twice, cut once”

6) Seek 1st to understand & then to be understood

7) Sharpen the saw

I don’t guarantee that by following the above you will be highly effective but you will become a changed man. And I also don’t expect that those who have read it will really follow it, but we all being a student of CA can give it a try because it’s one thing we are best at-”TRYING”. The moment you finish reading this article, you will return back to normal life-hassles of life, tentions of studies, desire to make it big.We all know what we want in life, just 3 modest wishes-Name, Fame and money. yesteryears'  “Roti,kapda aur makaan” has been replaced by “pizza,branded clothes,a flat and few crore rupees would be just fine”.But these all are materialistic dreams.True dream is to be liked by all,so that’s why I ‘ve shared those habits. First learn to love yourself; people will automatically fall in love with you.

Most of us are doing CA because we see it as a sure shot key of successful life or may be because many of our friends are doing it. Most want to pass without much hardwork.It’s like everybody wants a good physique but very few want to work out in a gym.But now that you have got into this course,enjoy it.Because if u enjoy what you do,you will never get depressed.It’s easy to say “love what you do, do what you love “but equally difficult to follow. Very few of us are satisfied with what we are doing but then it’d b false to claim that we have no choice either. We all have choices,infact we are spoilt with choices,it’s just the decision making part that we lack.Talking about CA,we all know getting into it is easy,getting out is hard(whether successful or otherwise).Most of us feel that we’ve reached a point of no return in CA.We are stuck here.But today ,I’ve realized that there is no such thing as “point of no return’.It’ll be idiotic to go back.Smart people move forward.So enjoy every moment of life,enjoy studies,have fun,hang out with friends,you will not stay young forever.Do what your heart says but learn to balance studies with masti.If you are able to do that,I guarantee you-you will become a highly effective person and people would want to be like you.

If I’ve managed to drag you till the end then I owe you a big thank you.I know you must be cursing me because there are 100s of better inspirational writing in this forum than mine & of course with better presentation and choice of words.As a matter of fact ,I wouldn’t call it inspirational writing at all,there’s nothing inspiring in it.I’d rather call it practical approach to life.But whatever I ‘ve written,i have written from the bottom of my heart.I know my writing is bit clumsy & I’m too lazy a guy to go back and rephrase it.It’s like”ek baar jo maine likh dia,phir toh mai apne aap ki bhi nahi sunta”

In the end,I’d like to mention the names of those 2 people because of whom I’ve written –Pulkit and manmohan.Manmohan has bestowed me with the title of”future face of CCI” & you people must be wondering,with 250 odd points,how can anyone be the face of CCI.So I decided to contribute something in return of the respect these two top members have given me.I know I’ve made a mockery of everything in the article,all mixed up but as i’ve already told you all,I’m a very lazy writer.I can barely write for my life.The last time i wrote so long was in audit exam & the only article I’ve contributed to this forum is about stock trading because it was very close to my heart.So I humbly request you all to read some valuable articles by top members,esp Pulkit and Manmohan’s,you will definitely add value to your knowledge..

PS.I’ve written in male point of view.But every word equally holds true for our female counterparts too.So please excuse me where I’ve written from HE point of view & the book it self was titled “seven habits of a highly effective man”, so i guess It’d be logical to argue with the author why not “seven habits of a highly effective women”. Or maybe the author had already admitted that women are highly effective in all departments of life............anyways thnx a lot for your valuable time and patience.............