Hi experts need some helps

Hello, I need guidance regarding the correct ITR form and presumptive taxation for my business.

 

I am planning to start a business where I promote birthday/“thank you for the birthday wishes” video services through Facebook. Customers will place orders with me and make payments to my bank account. I will then hire freelancers through Fiverr to create the videos and deliver the final videos to the customers.

 

For example, if I receive ₹30 lakh from around 500–600 customers during the financial year, I expect to pay approximately ₹15 lakh to freelancers and retain the remaining amount as my margin.

 

I would like to know:

 

Should I file ITR-3 or ITR-4?

Can I opt for presumptive taxation under Section 44AD for this business?

Does my business qualify as a normal business/service business, or could it be considered commission/agency business, which may affect 44AD eligibility?

For 44AD, should my turnover be considered ₹30 lakh or only my ₹15 lakh margin?

What business/activity code should I select in ITR-3?

Am I required to maintain books of accounts under Section 44AA if I opt for 44AD?

Does the fact that the actual video creation is outsourced to Fiverr freelancers change the tax treatment?

Replies (1)

To summarize, your agency operates on a principal-to-principal basis with a total turnover of ₹30 lakh, making you fully eligible for presumptive taxation under Section 44AD via form ITR-4 using business code 08007 or 08003. Outsourcing video creation to freelancers does not affect this classification, and opting for 44AD exempts you from maintaining formal books of accounts under Section 44AA.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details