Payment of March,09

 

Background : I am working with a Private firm on six months agreement at a monthly rate. As per agreement I have to put the bill for a month’s work upto 5th of next month and then the company is to pay upto 15th of the month. I started on 9.2.09. The company paid me in March’09 for my work of February’09.
Case :
1. As per my assessed income for the financial year 08-09, which included payment of February’09 paid in March’09, I deposited my tax in the month of March’09.
2. For my work of March’09 the company paid me in June’09 . The company has issued a Form 16 to me which shows payment of March’09 also in March’09 itself.
3. If I include this payment of March’09 (shown paid in March’09 by the firm in Form 16), some addirional income tax may work out.
4. Now do I have the option of showing the payment of March’09 in the financial year 09-10?
a. If yes then will I have to submit photocopy of present Form 16 or some other procedure is to be followed for next year’s Return?
b. if not, then will I have to pay any interest/penalty on the additional income tax to be deposited as per revised calculation.

c. Is there any other way to do it without incurring much loss?

Replies (1)

 U HAVE TO SHOW THE INCOME OF MARCH 09 IN THIS YEAR ONLY.NOW U HAVE TO RE-ASSESS UR INCOME AND TAX ON IT TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE INCOME OF MARCH 09.THEN DEPOSIT THE SHORTFALL ALONGWITH INTEREST @ 6% (1% P.M. FROM APRIL TO SEP) U/S 234A IF TOTAL TAX EXCEEDS Rs. 5000/-.THEN FILE A RECISED RETURN THE LAST DATE OF WICH IS 31ST MARCH 2011.

FOR ANY OTHER QUERIES PLZ DO TELL ME.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details