Pan application not being accepted by UTI

Ihjas A (2 Points)

22 October 2017  

Hi Friends, I am a tax consultant. I send one of my clients PAN card application to UTI chennai office on on September 1st. When i checked the pan card status in UTI site, It shows a message like this " Your application in original (with physical documents) is not received yet. Verify with our UTIITSL office at the address to which you have posted/submitted this physical application set". But when i checked the India post website, physical documents are delivered on 5th September itself. Problem is with the partners PAN, PAN for the Firm has been delivered recently.

I have tried to contact Chennai UTI through email and Phone. But i didnt recieve any reply. Phone calls are not attended and mails are not being replied. ( I contacted in these numbers +91(44) 22500426, 22500183, +91(44) 22500187. Send E-mails to this id chennai @ utiitsl.com ).

Please help me to resolve this situation. It is very urgent, becasue client is facing some issues with GST department.

Any assitance are much appreciated. Also give some contact number in UTI ( in which i can get some response, above numbers are not usefull). Thanking you in advance