Easy Office
LCI Learning

MY FEELINGS ON TOUGH CA RESULTS

Page no : 5

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 17 January 2014

Originally posted by : Hariharan
Hi, Tks for your supportive message. While you are suggesting to take xerox copies of answer sheets which will be helpful for the next exam, as per my son, he says, it is not of use as institute is preparing a different question papers for the next exams. Really getting upset and me totally burning as my son put his hard work gone futile...

If this is his ATTITUDE not to listen the ADVICE of a PROFESSIONAL; then I  am sorry  he can pass CA exams only with TRIAL AND ERROR method. 

I am shocked to know that he is expressing that NO USE to ANALYZE  his PERFORMANCE even though FACILITY is available to check.

His argument that NEXT PAPERS would be different; looks funny. In any exams; papers are never repeated. In CA exams; one has  to APPLY his  KNOWLEDGE according to the CHANGED SCENARIO. 

CA Course is altogether different than what he has studied with the help(?)  of COACHING CLASSES (if any).  Only studying the materials is NOT ENOUGH to qualify CA exams (especially when the trend has changed recently).

Please pursue him to read my some of the articles suggested hereinabove.

Replied 17 January 2014

TIPS TO GET SUCCESS IN CA EXAMS AFTER CONTINUOUS FAILURE :

/articles/tips-to-get-success-in-ca-exams-after-continuos-failure-9486.asp#.Utk4C85mN30

Replied 17 January 2014

WHY BRILLIANT STUDENTS UNDERPERFORM AS AVERAGE STUDENTS

/articles/why-brilliant-students-underperform-as-average-students-12493.asp#.Utk8cM5mN30

Ved soni (Ca) (29 Points)
Replied 17 January 2014

Subodh agrwal u r a victim..if u knowingly do this..

Replied 17 January 2014

A RESEARCH ON AVERAGE STUDENTS :

AVERAGE STUDENTS ARE ACTUALLY NOT AVERAGE STUDENTS.

/articles/average-students-are-actually-not-average-students--12432.asp#.UtlAOs66Zkg

harish (employee) (56 Points)
Replied 17 January 2014

sir. in my view following point need to address by icai. student's career growth in CA course and not just career prospects of CA. pass percentage at all levels of CA course. @ all ca students: there is no certainty in this course. it is purely competitive based exam though icai is silent on nature of this course. hence icai has no other way and is forced to set high exam standards dancing to tune of market demand & supply for CA that may seem unfair. for a moment think if you were icai, how you would declare CA results at all levels keeping in view CA as a global branded product?...there might be a million answers, but whether it is perfect answer to is this complex question is matter of debate..!! be smart guys. have a fixed goal - what u want. have plan - A & plan B. strategy to execute both your plans. ask a simple question to yourself. whether I just want to complete my CA course and to become CA in shortest possible time. OR I will become CA as i have deep passion towards CA subjects, able to relate what I learnt to real world. if your ans. is yes. to question 1 then be ready to take more stress, disappointments by ca results. if your ans is yes to question 2 then there a ray of hope of clearing ca exams irrespective of ca pass %. your preparation will meet your luck or luck might come for casual visit to your preparation. !! it is better to honestly rate ourself first than to point at the world as I believe at this point we move towards progress. all the best harish

SANJAY RATHORE (article) (60 Points)
Replied 17 January 2014

In a short manner we can say that if no can say that than i can say that the dignity Of ca profession downs due to heavy curruption in icai ... Irresponsible behavior of the members of the institute ..... Because the members can make gossip bt they can't take a step for the future of lacs of students .... Because they elect the peoples who command the institute ..... U all the members think abt it....

Manish Pareek (Chartered Accountant) (34 Points)
Replied 18 January 2014

Congratulation to all my dear friends who cleared CA final and Best of luck to rest.

I am surprised to see this kind of CA-Final result, I can't understand what ICAI wants behind this type of results.ICAI declared a good % of CPT result but on other hand they declared only 3.11% result of CA-Final, which is not favourable for students.

As per my point of view our Institute should be more strict on Passing % of CPT students from which only deserving candidate will join and continue for study up to CA-final.

If we declare high % of CPT result than a group of student will clear CPT after that they will suffer alot if they didnt clear IPCC or Final.

1 Like

Broken (nothing) (49 Points)
Replied 18 January 2014

Even I'm trapped in this vicious cycle of appearing for CA final exams every 6 months. Sir, what I feel is that this time ICAI played a very defensive shot by giving the toughest as well as lengthiest possible questions for Accounts and SFM. It was my shameful 5th attempt of CA final since Nov'11 (I passed 2nd grp in May'12 and still struggling with this 1st group.) I'm 25year old but after the accounts exam...I came back home...didn't eat...locked myself in my room and cried for hours like a little kid. I am simply unable to realise where I went wrong. Trust me, The level of preparation I had for accounts n SFM was really good (if it had been a usual paper. I could comfortably manage n solve the model test papers n past year papers but the qestn papers this time were simply out of was out of way and not at all fit for mere. 3hours. I'm not saying that Hon'ble ICAI shouldn't give such out of way questions but then it should also upgrade its study materials. We students are ready to put in more efforts but for heaven's sake provide us with upgraded materials. ICAI claims itself to be the second largest accounting body of world but the quality of it's study materials are too poor. Few months back I met a council member at a GMCS valedictory where he himself admitted that their study materials have not been upgraded since long. And I also believe that the paper correction system of ICAI is very very unprofessional. Our papers are being corrected by newly qualified CA's and not by experts academicians of the subject. Paper correction is no easy taskI(it requires expert level knowledge of the subject) but I'm shocked to see some of my friends who qualified recently correcting the answer scriptts. And what's even worst is that some of the practising CA's handover our answer papers to their articled assistants. No wonder many deserving students fail n many undeserving students also pass due to this crazy system. We students have become puppets in the hands of ICAI.....whenever it AI wants it will turn the knob clockwise and whenever it wants it will turn it other way round. ICAI and it's council members have presumed themselves to be dictators. I beg you members to save us.....save the drowning career of lakhs of young brains of this nation. The BOARD OF STUDIES of ICAI should be handed over to UGC. Everything's look so bleak now. Honest hardwork yet no sound sleep is all we've deserved. Thanks a lot Surendra Sir...thank you so much for standing with us in this darkest time of our lives.
1 Like

Replied 18 January 2014

Originally posted by : Broken
Even I'm trapped in this vicious cycle of appearing for CA final exams every 6 months. Sir, what I feel is that this time ICAI played a very defensive shot by giving the toughest as well as lengthiest possible questions for Accounts and SFM. It was my shameful 5th attempt of CA final since Nov'11 (I passed 2nd grp in May'12 and still struggling with this 1st group.) I'm 25year old but after the accounts exam...I came back home...didn't eat...locked myself in my room and cried for hours like a little kid. I am simply unable to realise where I went wrong. Trust me, The level of preparation I had for accounts n SFM was really good (if it had been a usual paper. I could comfortably manage n solve the model test papers n past year papers but the qestn papers this time were simply out of was out of way and not at all fit for mere. 3hours. I'm not saying that Hon'ble ICAI shouldn't give such out of way questions but then it should also upgrade its study materials. We students are ready to put in more efforts but for heaven's sake provide us with upgraded materials. ICAI claims itself to be the second largest accounting body of world but the quality of it's study materials are too poor. Few months back I met a council member at a GMCS valedictory where he himself admitted that their study materials have not been upgraded since long. And I also believe that the paper correction system of ICAI is very very unprofessional. Our papers are being corrected by newly qualified CA's and not by experts academicians of the subject. Paper correction is no easy taskI(it requires expert level knowledge of the subject) but I'm shocked to see some of my friends who qualified recently correcting the answer scripttts. And what's even worst is that some of the practising CA's handover our answer papers to their articled assistants. No wonder many deserving students fail n many undeserving students also pass due to this crazy system. We students have become puppets in the hands of ICAI.....whenever it AI wants it will turn the knob clockwise and whenever it wants it will turn it other way round. ICAI and it's council members have presumed themselves to be dictators. I beg you members to save us.....save the drowning career of lakhs of young brains of this nation. The BOARD OF STUDIES of ICAI should be handed over to UGC. Everything's look so bleak now. Honest hardwork yet no sound sleep is all we've deserved. Thanks a lot Surendra Sir...thank you so much for standing with us in this darkest time of our lives.

1. As explained in the first post; students are given rosy picture of the COURSE but how to get all the dreams come true; is never explained.

2. You must focus on earning now with learning. Make your schedule for 12 hours : 8 hours for earning and 4 hours for learning. This would give you boost and your experience would be counted.

3. Get mastery over some of the subjects of your choice : read my recent article : CA STUDIES ARE ALWAYS INTERESTING.

4. Make a group of students and each one should have command over 2 subjects of their choice. Meet every Sunday to share the study experience (typical points of the subjects) and enjoy Sunday as well.

5. Ask yourself in which subject you wish to have command...NOW!

contd...

Replied 18 January 2014

6. Keep in mind : Attempting exams with fear will take more time. So study FREELY and refer more magazines and journals to UPGRADE your knowledge and believe yourself as a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT.....TODAY.  Because as soon as you have qualification in your hands; you are eligible to sign BALANCE SHEETS. Are you REALLY ready for it?

7. Don't target for mere passing. Target passing with 60% ....not 50%. Improve your skills....speed reading, daily revision, add humour in the study materials to make it interesting and so on.

8. I have posted many articles relevant to CA profession here at caclub.

9. Attend some of the seminars and conference to know the skills of practising chartered accountants. Students take it as time killing. But actually it will boost your confidence.

10. MEET MORE AND MORE PERSONS....AND....KNOW THEIR PROBLEMS. 

SOON YOU WILL COME TO KNOW....THERE IS REALLY A LOT OF WORK WHICH YOU CAN DO WITHOUT HAVING ANY PROFESSIONAL DEGREE.

1 Like

CA Dhruva Kalamanji (Chartered Accountant ) (1996 Points)
Replied 18 January 2014

Really good suggestion to handle those work which a qualified ca handles no need of cetificate, Without which also one can assume himself as ca and handle all work
Originally posted by : C A SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA
6. Keep in mind : Attempting exams with fear will take more time. So study FREELY and refer more magazines and journals to UPGRADE your knowledge and believe yourself as a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT.....TODAY.  Because as soon as you have qualification in your hands; you are eligible to sign BALANCE SHEETS. Are you REALLY ready for it?

7. Don't target for mere passing. Target passing with 60% ....not 50%. Improve your skills....speed reading, daily revision, add humour in the study materials to make it interesting and so on.

9. Attend some of the seminars and conference to know the skills of practising chartered accountants. Students take it as time killing. But actually it will boost your confidence.

SOON YOU WILL COME TO KNOW....THERE IS REALLY A LOT OF WORK WHICH YOU CAN DO WITHOUT HAVING ANY PROFESSIONAL DEGREE.

CA Dhruva Kalamanji (Chartered Accountant ) (1996 Points)
Replied 18 January 2014

My veiws:

We should be passionate about ca

We can do all the works without ca certificate also.

If one really interested in ca proffession then he will find his way in this profession.

No need to worry wether it 3.11% or 30%.

Originally posted by : C A SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

1 Like

Replied 18 January 2014

Yes, one may keep himself involved in the subjects covered in CA curriculum even if he is not having the qualification. By doing so; he can earn well.....income as well as honour.

The following is honest acceptance by the 1st Rank Holder Deepak during one interview :

1. What subjects were difficult for you while studying.

I found SFM Very tough, so i put extra efforts for SFM & i got highest 84 marks in SFM

It gives a message that one CAN be EXTRA-ORDINARY even if he faces EXTRA-ORDINARY difficulties. 

(Although the discussion is moved to other side than the original post; still I think it is fruitful to share with the readers).

Readers may note that after he flunked in competitive exams; he chosed CA as his career. 

Hidden Message :

Choose what is SUITABLE to you....

not....what is known THE BEST by the REST.

Replied 18 January 2014

To add :

He has scored the highest marks in SFM but

during his interview; he has expressed his interest to go into TAXATION! enlightened

(Proved that marks are not important to make a career).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: