Easy Office

MY FEELINGS ON TOUGH CA RESULTS

Page no : 4

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 17 January 2014

I have posted the following article to aware students about the REAL EXPOSURE of various subjects included in CA CURRICULUM.

/articles/case-studies-in-ca-cs-cwa-profession-16487.asp#.UtjK185mN30

Hope CA students really LOVE to STUDY more and more....

Replied 17 January 2014

Realising that future of lacs of students would be not sure.....as all will not qualify

(please refer the first post of this forum); I have posted one more article to aware students

HOW TO  PREPARE FOR PROFESSIONAL EXAMS AND STOP REPETITIVE FAILURES :

/articles/stop-your-repetitive-failures-now-17603.asp#.UtjM3M5mN30

1 Like

Replied 17 January 2014

VERY IMPORTANT :

The day students join CA course; they should feel themselves as professionals. 

HOW TO BE A TRUE PROFESSIONAL

/articles/how-to-be-a-true-professional-16556.asp#.UtjOJc5mN30

1 Like

Budding Professional (B.Com, CA & CS FINAL) (1686 Points)
Replied 17 January 2014

If ICAI has been vested with powers under the Act to "restrict" the results or otherwise manipulate it, then it should also be made liable to come out with explanation of factors that affected or modified the results. Also, ICAI shall also disclose the basis that it used to restrict the results or otherwise modify them.

If demand-supply theory is the reason ICAI restricts or modifies the results, then I guess the ICAI also presumes that CAs will be working in industry only. And if that is the case, then I believe ICAI shall be scrapped. Let the FICCI and CII set the evaluation criteria and evaluate the students. Atleast in that case, the qualifying people will be acceptable across industry. And if the previous higher pass percentages were reflection of higher demand for CAs, then I still wonder why many of them are still unemployed or underemployed.

I do not mean any personal offence to anyone, but the fact today is that a number of students have qualified as Chartered Accountants only because that they have got 400 marks out of 800, though they may not possess any other trait of being a CA. On the contrary, there are a number of people who are as brilliant as Chartered Accountants or perhaps even better than them, they aren't CAs only because that they have not managed to get 400 marks out of 800. Many such examples are available in Industry today. (I repeat that I do not mean any personal offence to anyone, neither I am writing this because of frustration of failing nor I mean to say that I am otherwise brilliant. Please do not get me wrong)

Also Sir, I request your opinion on inclusion or non inclusion of Economics at various stages in CA curriculum. And sincere thanks for providing the links to the articles, they surely are of great help and guide.

2 Like

Sandeep.G.A (CA FINAL CS PROFESSIONAL)   (76 Points)
Replied 17 January 2014

Depressed by final results

Replied 17 January 2014

I am of strong opinion that ECONOMICS should be included in the curriculum.

Since it is not included in the syllabus; hence majority of students have joined the RACE without knowing DEMAND AND SUPPLY GAP of CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS in INDUSTRY. laugh

If APPLIED ECONOMICS be included in the syllabus; I am damn sure that chartered accountants don't even need LARGE NUMBER OF CLIENTS to EARN HANDSOME MONEY.

Right now one is happy when he possesses number of clients.

The TRUE HAPPINESS should be there where LESSER NUMBER OF CLIENTS are served ...but at " HIGH PROFIT MARGINS." enlightened

Hariharan (Manager) (22 Points)
Replied 17 January 2014

Hai, My son wrote CA final in Dec'13 for 2 groups, with good hopes, unfortunately he was not thro, really make me upset on this issue. Really surprised to note about declined % of pass outs. Any solutions .. Shall inform my son to opt for re-totalling..

Budding Professional (B.Com, CA & CS FINAL) (1686 Points)
Replied 17 January 2014

Thank You for your opinion Sir.

Replied 17 January 2014

Originally posted by : Hariharan
Hai, My son wrote CA final in Dec'13 for 2 groups, with good hopes, unfortunately he was not thro, really make me upset on this issue. Really surprised to note about declined % of pass outs. Any solutions .. Shall inform my son to opt for re-totalling..

As per my opinion; this time RETOTALLING will not work. Still he must go for it if  he has remained unsuccessful due to 4-5 marks.

To make him sure about his performance; better he ask for PHOTO COPIES OF ANSWER SHEETS from ICAI  to know where he has underperformed and later on take remedial actions to improve his performance.

The procedure :

https://www.charteredclub.com/disclosure-inspection-of-answer-sheets-of-ca-exams/

Replied 17 January 2014

From discussion with many; it has come to the notice that this time the papers were TOO TOUGH.

While interacting with 7th All India Ranker, Sneha Bagla (Sunshine of caclub); she has informed that she was also likely to QUIT to APPEAR in  EXAMS but later on managed to appear.

Replied 17 January 2014

To MOTIVATE the students with HUMOUR; I have posted an ARTICLE :

CA STUDIES ARE ALWAYS INTERESTING

/articles/ca-studies-are-always-interesting-19497.asp

Replied 17 January 2014

Yogita Rao,TNN | Jan 17, 2014, 12.54 AM IST

ICAI President Subodh Agrawal reiterated that the results reflected students' performances and their way of studying.

"Students need to focus on their articleship training very sincerely.

They are supposed to study carefully the material provided by the institute to score better. (1)

Practical knowledge is the plus-point of articleship," said Agrawal.

Kirti Agrawal, secretary of the Nagpur branch of the western region of ICAI, had also pointed out that students tried to memorize study material without understanding the basic concept. "Sheer reading without understanding and over-dependence on private coaching have scaled down the results. Students need to focus on how to acquire knowledge,"(2) she had said.

For comments : see below

Replied 17 January 2014

1. Regarding Ist point; I don't agree.

If the questions were asked based on/from the materials provided; then surely the performance of the students could not happen so worst.

2. Regarding 2nd Point, I agree to some extent.

However; both the statements are somewhat "controversial." One is talking about the study with the materials and second is talking that study materials were not referred properly.

Regarding emphasis on CONCEPTS of the SUBJECTS; I full agree with her.

Students depending too much on tuition classes; miss to learn basic concepts of the subjects.  Hence they have been PENALIZED.

Replied 17 January 2014

The students may refer the following article to make PROFESSIONAL SUBJECTS INTERESTING

(This will help them to make their concepts clear):
/articles/making-subjects-interesting-in-professional-career-6001.asp#.UtkW_c5mN30

Hariharan (Manager) (22 Points)
Replied 17 January 2014

Hi, Tks for your supportive message. While you are suggesting to take xerox copies of answer sheets which will be helpful for the next exam, as per my son, he says, it is not of use as institute is preparing a different question papers for the next exams. Really getting upset and me totally burning as my son put his hard work gone futile...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: