Icsi- sify online exemption test

Hi frnds,

I've given my sify online test yesterday (pass-63/100). 

I'm sharing with u my experience, as it'll help the future aspirants.

Out of 100 questions, i found the allocation for different topics is like

 

MS-OFFICE easily 35-40(word-15 to 20,excel-10 to 15, power point-5 to 10)  

- shortcut keys- around 8 to 12  

- location of the given option in tool bar- 3 to 5  

- remaining general questions u need to have a bit working knowledge in MS-OFFICE    

(the questions i got are like 1.what will happen if u select a text and press enter. 2.In excell red triangle in the corner of a cell indicate. 3.what will happen if you copy a text from a cell and press enter in other cell...etc)  

 

TALLY around 20 to 25  

-shortcuts-around 10 to 15  

-basic accounting knowledge( like golden rules, general entries etc)- 10 to 15  

-remaining are like what will you find under different options in tally

(eg: under configuration settings etc)  

 

MCA-21 & IT ACT 2000 around 20 to 25 -these are all direct questions (if u study e-governance and IT act chapters from CS-executive books, its sufficient)  

 

BASICS OF COMPUTERS & INTERNET -REMAINING  -questions were like

(1.full form of WAN, 2. where will you fing internet settings in your system, 3. which of the following is not a search engine. 4.the program u use to search in internet is called. 5. the screen you see first when you open computer?...etc like this)

 

P.S

- I found the exam in the level moderate to difficult

- If you are good with MS-OFFICE, TALLY shortcuts & MCA-21,IT ACT  + reasonable knowledge of other things ..you will PASS

IMP

-  Other members have to confirm, if they've felt the same with allocation for different topics .

-  types of questions asked

-  level of difficulty of exam..

(HOPE MY MSG HELPS SOMEONE- ALL THE VERY BEST..:-) )  

 
 

Replies (19)

I agree you completely.

60/100 result pass.I took the exam yesterday.

Expert knowledge required to pass the exam.

Here is the certificate that Institute provided me

Originally posted by : seema arora

I agree you completely.

60/100 result pass.I took the exam yesterday.

Expert knowledge required to pass the exam.

Here is the certificate that Institute provided me

 

I'm thankful to Mr. Deepak and Ms. Seema, for their kind updation about concerned, I have just taken a look over this post before going for exam while searching for test without any preplanning about test.


And i highly recommend the words conveying about requirement of EXPERT KNOWLEDGE.

Somehow disappointed with my performance as got just 68 out of 100 marks, but that was due to my own negligence.

My experience said that this test can be attained just by having practical knowledge about MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint 2007, Tally, IT Act as well as MCA21, and other basic knowledge about computer, moreover common sense about computer processings can also make you eligible to achieve some marks.

@ seema arora : One thing i wanna ask about the Certificate from you, how have you received it, please lemme know???
Thanks in advance..


With Regards
Akhil Maheshwari
CARs Representative & Director

you'll receive it by mail..

i've received it , in a couple of days after giving my exam...

Originally posted by : Deepak Elavarthi

you'll receive it by mail..

i've received it , in a couple of days after giving my exam...

Thanks Man yes smiley

I got 66/100 In my sify Test.

Regards,

RAJESH CHOUDHARY

Originally posted by : AKHIL MAHESHWARI





Originally posted by : seema arora






I agree you completely.

60/100 result pass.I took the exam yesterday.

Expert knowledge required to pass the exam.

Here is the certificate that Institute provided me

 






I'm thankful to Mr. Deepak and Ms. Seema, for their kind updation about concerned, I have just taken a look over this post before going for exam while searching for test without any preplanning about test.


And i highly recommend the words conveying about requirement of EXPERT KNOWLEDGE.

Somehow disappointed with my performance as got just 68 out of 100 marks, but that was due to my own negligence.

My experience said that this test can be attained just by having practical knowledge about MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint 2007, Tally, IT Act as well as MCA21, and other basic knowledge about computer, moreover common sense about computer processings can also make you eligible to achieve some marks.

@ seema arora : One thing i wanna ask about the Certificate from you, how have you received it, please lemme know???
Thanks in advance..

With Regards
Akhil Maheshwari
CARs Representative & Director

 

Yes , practical knowledge is highly required....you will receive it by mail or if you had booked the slot through online mode then you can login through sify website and download from there also....

 

 

Originally posted by : seema arora





Yes , practical knowledge is highly required....you will receive it by mail or if you had booked the slot through online mode then you can login through sify website and download from there also....



Thanks for the reply, and yes, i have received the certificate yesterday through online mode.....

 





 

I agree with what is said above in all posts.

I appeared for same exam today and I can say that the level of exam was moderate to difficult.

I would urge to all those who will appearing to not to take it lightly...Do the basics and read well before exams.Also read mca 21 and e-governance from Executive programme book and IT act from general and economic law book..There were many questions from mca 21 and it act too..having a practical knowledge is necessary...just give time before appearing for exams to read and follow what is written above.

@ Deepak Elavarthi - Luckily I read this thread one week back and I passed the test this week.... Your sharing of  theme of the test is really appreciable without it i would'nt have passed this test... Really happy and thankful to you...

Thanks for sharing...

 

hai frnds...i hav completed my graduation in Bachelor of Computer Applications(B.C.A).. can u tel me weather i will get exemption from training?

 

Thanks for shareing your experience friend... It will help surely us in preparation for our exam

@ SEEMA ,

I APPRECATE THAT YOU HELP OTHERS BY SHARING YOUR THOUGHTS MY ONLY REGRET IS PLEASE DONT SHARE YOUR CERTIFICATES IN PUBLIC DOMAIN.

 

I have to give the said exam for exemption in training. Haven't recd any book to study. Can anybody tell me from where will i get the book. I am ready to pay for it if some one can send me online. or i can dowload a few notes for the same. 

 

Regards

Parth

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details