Easy Office
LCI Learning

ICAI REMOVES CHOICE IN EXAMS FROM NOV 2009 ONWARDS

Page no : 4

Miket Shashikant Bahuva (Service) (22 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

I refer to Important Announcement - November 2009 Examination - (30-09-2009) published on ICAI Website on 30th September, 2009. The news inter alia speaks about having all the questions in the CA PCE / IPCC and Final exams being compulsory.
I do agree with the views of the Examination Committee that “CA course being a professional course, practical training is an essential part of it and accordingly all papers of Professional Competence Examination as well as Final should be practical oriented questions as also of the level of knowledge should be expert and not working knowledge”.
Though the move by the Examination Committee is a welcome move but it’s an untimely and arbitrary one. I say this statement on following grounds.
1.       Its well known fact that student appearing for final exams generally take about 120 days leave (equivalent to 4 months) and student appearing in PCE / IPCC generally takes examination leave of about 90 days (equivalent to 3 months) as allowed during the articleship period. The planning for the studies starts even before the examination leave starts. Suggested Answers issued by ICAI serves as a guide to analyze past trend and paper pattern of the subject. Since past few years, apart from Accounts and Taxation Paper (Or may be Costing as well), all the papers were carrying one or two optional questions. And the trend also suggested that one could leave a chapter or two in option in each subject purely because of setting of question in that way over the past few years. Students must have planned their studies on the basis of above analysis. An Important Announcement like this a month prior to exam would definitely put their planning for a toss…

2.      The reason I say it is arbitrary and untimely is the fact that students were not consulted not were the views obtained and the decision is literally dumped on them at a time when every one is going thru revision stage. The Important Announcement was published on the internet and might be published in the October newsletter. I wonder how many student have net access at their home specially students located in the remote areas of country. The newsletter will usually reach student by mid October. I really feel pity for those students who will get a shocker in the midst of October.
It would have been really appreciated if a prior intimation would have been given to the students. Still, we, as a student, are still undeterred by this and promise to give our more than 100% required by the exams… CA Exams…

sumit (Industrial Trainee at EY)   (366 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

Originally posted by :G Aditya
" take it as a challenge and start working,,,,come on guys..... "

i agree

abhishek (student) (27 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

(1)  is it for cafinal old syl. or new syl. or both.

(2)  is FBT applicable for nov.09 exam in ca final.

apoorv mehta (pursuing CA) (38 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

guys dnt misinterpret d announcemet............

jst check original question paper of any subject ...... on top of d paper its written ki

ALL questions are compulsory.

WORKING NOTES SHOULD FORM PART OF THE ANSWER....

tat means we do hv internal choices in question paper.....

audit paper will b on practical knowledge..... tat means case laws will b there instead of theory questions.... june2009 pcc paper ws of practcal aspect......

so guys jst prepare as u r dng asusual..... jst refer more n more case laws for practical n expert knowledge....

costing fm theory will simple bt may b they will ask methods or u can say tat concepts.....

all the best

n prepare as u r already dng .....

apoorv mehta (pursuing CA) (38 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

due to case laws n practical aspect nw v can more marks in audit ....... exemptions vill b more

Sujan Kumar Acharya (Article Assistant) (28 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

How the managerial remuneration given by a public limited company be taxed ?

and say me about its tax treatment ? under which head it is taxable, and who is liable to pay tax ?

Sandeep.G.A (CA FINAL CS PROFESSIONAL)   (76 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

icai has taken gud measure to bring up the standards of ca exams ... its gud thy hav implemented practical oriented questions but how much theory knwledge one should acquire as its d base for practical questns ... pls can anybody guide me abt the format of pce nov 2nd group exams...to my id sunca88 @ icai.org thnkin u all

Sandeep.G.A (CA FINAL CS PROFESSIONAL)   (76 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

icai has taken very gud step in implementing practical knowledge to keep up the standards of our course but how much importnce we mus giv for theory wch is d base for practical questns......pls help me any 1 ......to my id sunca88 @ icai.org

Sicil John C.K. (CA Final Student B'lore.)   (28 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

Dear friends...

Don't worry... try for the best..... nothing can break our result. "make it a positive attitude"

Show !!!!.......... that everything possible, even we face the up & downs...

Ritesh (CA Final) (326 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

ICAI intention seems to be good but the timing of announcement is just not perfect.....It should have been way earlier...

Moreover,Institute is saying that they wud ask Practical oriented questions keeping in mind the importance of Articleship but such sort of questions should be asked only if all articles are getting the required Training.....But thats not happening.....Some are getting to learn variety of things but others are just stuck up with same things all throughout their Practical Training........

First of all, there needs to be some sort of  mechanism in place where ICAI can evaluate on periodic basis as to whether an Article is progressing well........

I believe each Article has an equal right to get the quality Training.....It shouldn't come down to Luck factor where one gets lucky to learn a lot whereas others are not as lucky....

nancy (student) (127 Points)
Replied 03 October 2009

I agree wid u ritesh.m jst fed up nw.ICAI wants expert knowledge from students at pcc level?if they r jst dng dat to provide a link up wid practical training becoz of dummy articles then y dnt anybody tell them to ask our C.As that do they teach us to dat level.it may b dat sm ppl r learng gud frm dere their C.As bt my experience ws worse my C.A jst gave me tally work for whole 1 yr.

Sanchay Maity (CWA , CA - FINAL) (98 Points)
Replied 04 October 2009

but the accounts paper was already no options questions. There used to be the first question worth 20 marks and 5 other questions wortth 16 each. So cant complain that the isntitute did not prepare us.

(Guest)

this announcement by ICAI before one month of exam....oh god........I feel it shows a great impact on the students,,,,,,,,

dipak ( ca final student) (427 Points)
Replied 05 October 2009

this is nt good yaarrrrrrrrrr

kya hai yaar icai bhi na ?

anshul bafna (student) (522 Points)
Replied 05 October 2009

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: